First ever 2 man group

Discuss anything about the original Dungeon Master on any of the original platforms (Amiga, Atari, etc.).
This forum may contain spoilers.

Moderator: Ameena

Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Twiggy
Craftsman

Re: First ever 2 man group

Post by Twiggy »

Yeah I'm a fan of the Delta. I enjoyed having two Axes though. I get the Hardcleave on 10 though don't I?

Speaking of which, what's the progression order of better weapons from here? Know I've got a hardcleave, diamond edge, inquisitor to cone... What else?

Didn't realize the monsters were setting it off. It explains why I'd get about 3 or 4 right on top of each other then nothing for a while.
Jan
Mighty Pirate

Post by Jan »

Twiggy wrote:What else?
More or less nothing. It's a pitty that you get the best weapons (like The Inquisitor) so close to the end of the game so you actually don't have much opportunity to use them. My "weapon order" -- as I usually play with one character only -- is usually this: Falchion - (Sabre) - Sword - Rapier - Delta - (Diamond Edge) - The Inquisitor.
Twiggy wrote:Didn't realize the monsters were setting it off.
Yeah, me too, LOL. I've always thought that stepping on the pad in the room after the neverending corridor disables the launchers. But that's because I've always killed all the monsters and then stepped on the pad. A "false correlation" I'd say. :wink:
Finally playing and immensely enjoying the awesome Thimbleweed Park-a-reno!
Ameena
Wordweaver, Murafu Maker

Post by Ameena »

Yeah, Hardcleave is on Level 10...I like weapons with the Thrust attack best, though (high dam for low delay), so I take the Rapier (before that I just ust whatever I get, so falchions or whatever), then the Delta Blade, then the Inquisitor, though don't get much chance to use the latter as bascially I've already killed pretty much everything that can be killed with a sword by then, with the exception of the Dragon. Plus right after I get that sword, I go down and complete the Firestaff so my second char tends to use that instead of his sword. I can't remember whether Diamond Edge has a Thrust attack, does it? I don't remember using it much in more recent games so I'm guessing not.
Pal Master

Post by sucinum »

Paul Stevens wrote:
Just do it clockwise:
What is this? 2011? And once again I learned
something new about DM.

My solution was MUCH harder to remember!
I didn't even know there was another way to do this. :)
But I could tell this way even though I didn't play for months if not years. Guess it's stuck to my brain forever. :D
Toufman
Novice

Post by Toufman »

Ameena wrote: I can't remember whether Diamond Edge has a Thrust attack, does it? I don't remember using it much in more recent games so I'm guessing not.
Stab/Chop/Cleave are the attack options on the Diamond Edge. This is the best weapon to level up Ninja skills in melee with Stab and it is quite efficient against Animated Armours and Stone Golems because of its armour reduction %. It hits like a wet noodle in RTC though :shock:

DM is quite linear and has a progressive difficulty curve so any team of 2 characters should work out fine. Yeah, even Gando + Azzizi could probably work as a duo (this could be read in so many different ways, I just realized).
Balance is the ultimate good
ferala
Apprentice

Post by ferala »

sucinum wrote:
Jan wrote:I really really hate the mist / teleporter puzzle on level 5. Really really. I always screw it up somehow and have to start again. :)
Just do it clockwise: right-back-left-forward-right-back. Done.
When i do this (DM PC) i hit the wall on the forward part.