Trigger with specific spell

Questions about how to create your own dungeons and replacement graphics and sounds.

Moderator: George Gilbert

Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
frank1974
Novice

Trigger with specific spell

Post by frank1974 »

Is there a way to make a trigger respond to a specific spell?
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Re: Trigger with specific spell

Post by beowuuf »

In theory you could reassign a spell's runes to activating a custom wall_action. That wall_action can be used to both generate the spell, but also generate your second trigger too.
frank1974
Novice

Post by frank1974 »

Hi beowuuf
I'm not sure what you mean, is "wall_action" wallitem_action?

i have changed the sun picture to a picture of my boys teachers and the rainbow wand to a release wand, and would like to use the fuse spell to
free the teachers and end the game.
do you know of a mechanism like this in a rtc dungeon( i think i have got all the custom dungeons).
i did look at the vault on level2 to see how the open door spell works but it looks like it just toggles the button on the door frame.
DM_Player
Adept

Post by DM_Player »

Add the new spell and then have the trigger "operated by" be the new spell with an on and over activation.

When your spell hits the picture it will activate the trigger and trigger can then activate your release mechanism.
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

You don't need to use fuse to end the game. There is an actual 'end the game' pad you can walk on to end the game. So you can hve anything you like be the way to the teachers, and then the game will end when you walk towards them

and yes, I meant wallitem_action. What you can do is have it floating free on a dungeon tile somewhere, with a unique name, and have an effect, etc activate this unique named item. The action item will then perform its action assigned.

Of course, the above by DM_player is simpler.
frank1974
Novice

Post by frank1974 »

Thanks for the help
I think i understand, will try what you say DM-Player
although its doesn't sound simple to me (what level comes before Neophyte, because if i keep working on this dungeon i may get there one day)

one more thing, where can i see what lower case letters apply for each rune?

Thanks again for all the help
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

The runes are just a line of 24 characters that equate to the alphabet position -- so LO = a, UM = b, ON = c .... SAR =x.