Access to all levels even once firestaff has been activated?

Discuss anything about the original Dungeon Master on any of the original platforms (Amiga, Atari, etc.).
This forum may contain spoilers.

Moderator: Ameena

Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Vince
Neophyte

Access to all levels even once firestaff has been activated?

Post by Vince »

Hello - I have been told that it was possible to keep accessing all levels upstairs even once the firestaff would have been activated with the Zokathra spell. Apparently, we need to throw it over a target case but I have never been able to perform this so far. Is there anybody who succeeded in this who could help me step by step? An anticipated thank you for your help!
Vince
Jan
Mighty Pirate

Re: Access to all levels even once firestaff has been activa

Post by Jan »

Once you activate the firestaff, just remain where you are (on the same square where you got the power gem), turn around and throw the staff through the door (through which you came in). There's a preasure pad between you and the door, and if you step on that pad with the staff in your inventory, it closes the levels above. But if the staff flies over the pad, the levels stay open. That's it. :)

And welcome to the forums. :D
Finally playing and immensely enjoying the awesome Thimbleweed Park-a-reno!
Vince
Neophyte

Post by Vince »

Thank you so much - but it doesn't work, maybe my team is not strong enough (even after taking some potions reinforcing somebody's strengh)... pity not to be able to explore all levels with this so powerfull weapon... :(
Ian Clark
Um Master

Post by Ian Clark »

I don't think it works in RTC because the pads are activated by the Firestaff flying over them as well.
Jan
Mighty Pirate

Post by Jan »

Oh, I see, you're absolutely right - it's "Party Possesses" in CSBwin but "On and over trigger" in RTC. Boy, you do learn something new every day! Thanks a lot! :D
Finally playing and immensely enjoying the awesome Thimbleweed Park-a-reno!
Vince
Neophyte

Post by Vince »

Ian & Jan, thank you so much gentlemen! I have been playing with DM for roughly 20 years and now initiate my daughters to start playing with too... The oldest (7 years old) really likes it but is too scared to play alone, hence I "must" stay with her all the times... and you are right, every day can bring some new experience as well as knowledge! Have both a nice day, wherever you are!
Adrena1in
Novice

Post by Adrena1in »

I was going to say, in original DM on the Amiga I took the Firestaff and, another time, the activated Firestaff right up to the very entrance to the Dungeon. Which was quite interesting,the first times I did it. ;)

EDIT: Or perhaps I'm wrong, and taking the Activated Firestaff up to the "front door" does nothing. It's been a long time and I'm getting old! :oops: