Limbo

Video games, console games, mobile games or any other kinds of games including all sports. For everything *except* Dungeon Master games -- please use the specific forums below for DM chat.
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Limbo

Post by Gambit37 »

If I described "Limbo" as simply a "platformer", you might not give a damn.

But you might care more If I described it thus:
An atmospheric and often macabre physics based platformer, that marries beautiful monochrome visuals, a great sense of depth, subtle sound design and intuitive gameplay. You wake up in a dark wood. Progressing to the right, as all platformers do, you slowly tackle increasingly tricky puzzles to navigate a dark and dangerous world, full of questions and few answers. Who are you? Where are you? Why are you here? The physics enabled gameplay is subtle and forgiving, yet provides an engaging and realistic experience, while the animation of the characters is simply perfect. Knowing nothing about your objective, you progress through a dimly lit, oppressive world trying to find your purpose...

It's only £7 on Steam. I really urge you to get it, it's a beautifully designed and very well executed, atmospheric game:
http://store.steampowered.com/app/48000/
http://limbogame.org/
Kenshiro
Apprentice

Re: Limbo

Post by Kenshiro »

Sorry if I shouldn't be bumping this, butI just couldn't stand to see it with no replies.

I got Limbo this past Christmas during Steam's glorious holiday sale week for $2. Not an incredibly long game but definitely a worthwhile experience if you've got a few hours to kill. Visually, very interesting and atmospheric.

Judging from your posts I've seen around you seem to really like Steam. I love Steam, the deals you can get are incredible (Valve complete pack for $75 right after Left for Dead 2's $50 release, wooooo!)
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Re: Limbo

Post by Gambit37 »

Bump away! As long as you add something interesting to a post, we're not all "ooooh no necroposting" around here -- I'd much prefer that existing threads are maintained with intelligent responses, than left to completely die

[Steam conversation continues here]