(sort of fixed) Max status glitch

This forum is for the Lua scriptable clone of DM/CSB called Dungeon Strikes Back by Sophia. Use DSB to build your own highly customised games.

Moderator: Sophia

Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Qwerty
Apprentice

(sort of fixed) Max status glitch

Post by Qwerty »

Champion's max status(Health, Stamina, Mana) exceed the limit(999) when he/she equipped an item with status bonus and unequip it, then max status is decreased before equipping item.
(e.g. Champion whose maxmana is limited equip and unequip moonstone, then the maxmana is decreased from 999 to 996.)
Sophia
Concise and Honest

Re: (no fix planned) Max status glitch

Post by Sophia »

Good observation. This is a known bug, actually.
While it could be fixed by changing the way that bonus items work, I considered it not really worth the effort considering how unlikely it was to run into these limits in normal play.

(If you are actually running into this problem in normal play, please let me know where and how it happened, though!)
Qwerty
Apprentice

Re: (no fix planned) Max status glitch

Post by Qwerty »

To tell the truth, This problem was found by someone who played DSB(maybe played my dungeon) and reported it to me, not be founded by myself. therefore I don't know where and how it happened for details. (Needless to say creating a very strong champion or item with extremely high boost in own dungeon, this problem would be founded.)

I know that this issue is minor detail and bother you. But this is obviously glitch and could be reproduced. So, I don't want to fix it immediately, However would you please reconsider to add fixing this issue into your TODO list?
Sophia
Concise and Honest

Re: (sort of fixed) Max status glitch

Post by Sophia »

It wouldn't be a lot of trouble to at least fix it so the standard items won't do anything annoying, so I will do that.
For example, in DSB 0.60 you will be able to equip the moonstone with 999 mana and when you take it off you'll still have 999 mana.

It requires the use of a new function called boost_with_overflow though, so code that is written using the old way will still fail, and I have no intention of going through the effort of making that code work.
Qwerty
Apprentice

Post by Qwerty »

I'm glad you hear my request. I await the next version. :)
Sophia
Concise and Honest

Post by Sophia »

It should be soon!
I just need to make a few tweaks.