SOTF Sins of the Father

Custom dungeons for RTC
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Chaos-Shaman
High Lord

Re: SOTF

Post by Chaos-Shaman »

ok, so I tried
Spoiler
to eat everything at the grave site, interesting but no results, I tried throwing and placing everything and still no results. hanging around in the pit the monsters started to kill themselves, I was putting the moves on them :)
so I gave it my best, I do think I know what needs to be done
Spoiler
I found two pictures, one of them is the same as the pits, the monks, so we need to get past that spinning monster crap and I think the pictures are the keys to that window
I am going to have a look for Rocky. I saw a monster a little way back that I could not reach, it was just after the
Spoiler
throwing star gate
keep your gor coin handy
DM_Player
Adept

Post by DM_Player »

Chaos,

I'm stuck as well, because the gates did not open after I opened all of the graves.
Spoiler
Did you have to put each every item that the characters had from DM on the grave to open the gates? Or did you just need to destroy the tombstones and get the emerald keys?

The zooming monsters aren't that hard if you have the right equipment, and haven't used it all up yet. I can get the mithral chest in this area. I used
Spoiler
the eye of time to freeze the monsters, then you can use the alien gauntlet to push them onto the switches without getting killed. I did have to go back to the hall of champions to recharge the eye of time once. Also, as you know, if you use the gauntlet too much it disappears, so if you don't time it right and have to use more than 1 push per monster you might run out of pushes. The order is: Mummy gets pushed into the open sarcophagus, this opens a wall with a cloak of night in it. The verkix gets pushed onto that switch, which opens a wall with cheese in it. You have to push the rat onto this switch, but first you have to throw brown cheese (Stewy left a piece on the zoom floor if you don't have one) onto the switch. The rat opens the last wall and you have to push the beholder onto this switch.
The mithral chest is then teleported from behind the door. It has
Spoiler
a full female set of fire armor
in it.
Chaos-Shaman
High Lord

Post by Chaos-Shaman »

DM_Player...
Spoiler
I tried to push everything on the pad, i'll try it again, I didn't get the wall with the cloak of night open up, but I do already have one. I got a full bag of emerald keys and a sapphire one from the tombstones, for those gates there is a bunch of berries you pick first, that opens first gate, the last gate opens when you plant all the items which you already did so it should open, yeah I know none of those berries was a switch up until now :)
ok, that was hard to do, I don't know how you figured it out without dying a hundred times for the order. I had the right idea, I ran out of pushes.
Spoiler
how do we get to that ladder? kill everything, I hope not, hahahaha, something tells me that's we need to kill a creature, you go first this time :)
have you figured out how to destroy those barrels yet?
keep your gor coin handy
Chaos-Shaman
High Lord

Post by Chaos-Shaman »

what is coming ahead DANGER
keep your gor coin handy
Chaos-Shaman
High Lord

Post by Chaos-Shaman »

I found this scroll a while back, it said "3 is bad" does anyone know what it refers to? and how about x marks the spot???
Spoiler
presently I am look for a gold key that appears after killing all those water elementals, wow was that tough.
keep your gor coin handy
DM_Player
Adept

Post by DM_Player »

Chaos,

Thanks for the berries hint. I probably would never have seen them otherwise, as they blend in very well.

Are you talking about x marks the spot scroll from the
Spoiler
combination puzzle? If so, you just had to look through the wall marked with an x to see the combination to use, then click on those numbers when the purple blob appeared on each.
No idea how to destroy the barrels.

You're ahead of me again, as I haven't run into any water elementals. Still trying to figure out what to do after Rocky disappears.
Chaos-Shaman
High Lord

Post by Chaos-Shaman »

well, I did a big FU today, I have been copying all my save games into a new folder every once in a while, this morning while doing so I thought I copied my files but they didn't and I didn't check to see if they did, I made a mistake earlier and was going back to my save game, when I checked the directory it was empty. I had to do the whole thing over from scratch, the day graveyard all the way to the gold keyhole. I played differently too, used magic instead of axe. oh well, my fingers are sore. I also can't find the speed power rune, the diamond one, I can't find it now. so today has been crap.
to get past the familiar dungeon
Spoiler
find the square key on the floor and use it in the keyhole, I spent hours before I realized that's where the fucking thing had to go, heh
I got from the combination puzzle some
Spoiler
teck armour, a helmet and I think mace, I just clicked on everything in order, ill go back there and have another look, good luck on the water elementals, I had to do it twice and it wasn't any easier the second time
I'd like to use the ladder in the moving monsters puzzle, I can get the monsters inside the door into a hidden room, I did the golem, but not the other ones, I sued up my
Spoiler
trainer mace and it can't be recharged, I thought it would be due to it's type, damn wish I still had some pushes in it left.
keep your gor coin handy
Chaos-Shaman
High Lord

Post by Chaos-Shaman »

DM_Player...

I went back to the combination room, saw the number but could not find the
Spoiler
0 digit, I tried using the water wheel. what I grabbed before was a tech helmet and boots I think, I have a mace too from somewhere else, what did you find?
keep your gor coin handy
DM_Player
Adept

Post by DM_Player »

Chaos,

I don't think there
Spoiler
is a 0 digit. Each combination is a set of 3, 2 digit numbers. So, the first 0 is just ignored. You have to look through the wall twice, as the combination changes.
I don't remember what I got there, but it does open a tile and then there is a fake wall accessible from that tile that has another alcove with something in it.

I guess that I missed the
Spoiler
square key in the DM level. I stepped on every square and moved every ash pile too.
I'll go back and look closer.
Chaos-Shaman
High Lord

Post by Chaos-Shaman »

what a weird puzzle that combo is,
Spoiler
I didn't look through the wall but did open an alcove with a teck helmet and another with boots, not sure if there is anything else, searched around it with window, so what is that combination for??
anyway I have a little time today to play, spring time is here, never know it though, there is still snow on the ground. i'll have a few hours tonight to try and find that key. I wish I had a map of this area.

have you any masters? I had a second level master I swear earlier in mage level, not, best I have is a first level master fighter, Ivan, and he's pretty tough. most of my battles were fighting, now I am into spells.

have you figured out how to recharge the other items that don't charge back at the champion level?, like the skull staff and the ring of time?
plenty of food now, more than enough thank goodness. lots of steaks, mmmm, so many couldn't store it all so I was using it as markers, I can run back to start in under 5 minutes, oh it's hard on the fingers. not much left to do, pretty much checked everything, I did it twice too because of my goof up.

have you figured out how to shut off the teleporting monsters to get at the ladder back at the moving monster cave puzzle? this might lead to the gold key I am looking for, who knows.
keep your gor coin handy
DM_Player
Adept

Post by DM_Player »

Chaos,

No, none of my characters are even close to being a master in anything.

Is the gold key you're looking for the one you in the water elementals room? I got that in the room with 3 fire places when I killed the infant dragon.

No, I haven't figure out how to get to the ladder in the zoom area.

Right now I'm trying to figure out the push-pull boulder puzzle after the water elementals.
Chaos-Shaman
High Lord

Post by Chaos-Shaman »

yeah, I got the gold key, it was something simple as usual. got past the boulder
Spoiler
you need to push the boulder
then read the scroll on the table. I am near the fat one, can't remember yet, brain is just waking up. I am where I must meet at the cross roads, through the skull gates. I wait there but he never showed, can't wait to pulverize him for all the warnings he gave me. fat one better be quick, my axe is dangerous. only have one push\pull left, this could be a problem unless I find another wand. any more of those puzzles and I am doomed. still can't relocate the ee rune, found it once, now I can't. there is a table with a fake wall behind it, can't move the table, not sure what is behind it. there was no clues to move the table. have you figured out what the cross marks are for, there has been I think 4 so far, one is in the moving monster room, one is where I an to meet the fat one. so far I have come across probably 20 new creatures, lots of fun, pretty much know where all the strange throwing objects come from, except those red spikes, not sure what monster they come from. the dungeon has not locked up other than the 2 restart boot out. only the beginning did I get two of those errors, none since. what did you think of the water elemental room, I went in there with not much, really took a beating, one character died. wondering if what was in the locked chest might help me. not sure, think this dungeon is a lot bigger, stewy said it was 12 levels?. let me know if you find more pushes, if there is one more puzzle like that i'll have to quit, need an air rune, what is it called, oo. got a little time this morning, maybe the fat one will show up.
keep your gor coin handy
stewy
Craftsman

Post by stewy »

Been sick for days but I am back to help :oops:
Some berries can be plucked
Chaos-Shaman
High Lord

Post by Chaos-Shaman »

sick, we've been sick trying to beat this crazy awesome dungeon. did you have anyone play test this dungeon for you?

plucking berries????

glad you're well
keep your gor coin handy
stewy
Craftsman

Post by stewy »

No just me dozen or more times, any thing pressing I can help on right now :mrgreen:
Last edited by stewy on Fri Apr 04, 2014 5:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chaos-Shaman
High Lord

Post by Chaos-Shaman »

ahh, ok, I want to meet the fat one at the cross roads, what should I do?
keep your gor coin handy
stewy
Craftsman

Post by stewy »

Where are you at?
He is by the beloved pet, zefrum
Chaos-Shaman
High Lord

Post by Chaos-Shaman »

I'm at the cross roads where thee are 4 shooters, where the rocks, the green blob, the fireballs and and something else.

"I am where I must meet at the cross roads, through the skull gates. I wait there but he never showed, can't wait to pulverize him for all the warnings he gave me. fat one better be quick, my axe is dangerous. only have one push\pull left, this could be a problem unless I find another wand. any more of those puzzles and I am doomed. still can't relocate the ee rune, found it once, now I can't. there is a table with a fake wall behind it, can't move the table, not sure what is behind it. there was no clues to move the table. have you figured out what the cross marks are for"
keep your gor coin handy
DM_Player
Adept

Post by DM_Player »

Chaos-Shaman wrote:yeah, I got the gold key, it was something simple as usual. got past the boulder
Spoiler
you need to push the boulder
then read the scroll on the table....
Chaos,

Yeah, I'm past that point, but I had to do the water elementals again. The first time that I
Spoiler
pushed then pulled the boulder
it got to the tile it needed to be on, but the door didn't open. I didn't
Spoiler
have the chandelier lit when I did this and the boulder wouldn't move anymore
. It looks like the order you do these 2 things is important, as when I went back to an earlier save, went back through the water elementals and then
Spoiler
lit the chandelier before pushing the boulder
the door opened.
lbk
Craftsman

Post by lbk »

Chaos-Shaman: At the crossroads,
Spoiler
you may notice that some of the shooters have a delay. Try making sure you are at the door when the eye, rock, fireball, and poison meet in the middle.
DM_Player
Adept

Post by DM_Player »

Stewy,

Stuck at the prisoners. Killed all of the prisoners, killed the floating robot heads, killed rocky.
Spoiler
Found the fake wall in the spider cell, but don't have the right key. Where could it be?
stewy
Craftsman

Post by stewy »

You kill rocky, :(
Chaos-Shaman
High Lord

Post by Chaos-Shaman »

thank you Ibk
keep your gor coin handy
DM_Player
Adept

Post by DM_Player »

stewy wrote:You kill rocky, :(
No, Rocky still lives, trapped in his cell by the movable table. I didn't save it after I killed him. Just killed him to see what would happen. Answer: Nothing.

Had the correct "key" after all. Just didn't know how to use it. Thanks for the explanation Stewy.
stewy
Craftsman

Post by stewy »

Have you noticed what the Mitral Chest do for you :twisted:
DM_Player
Adept

Post by DM_Player »

Stewy,

Sure, I have them all except the one at the thieves. It was teleported behind a tree and I never figured out how to get it.

Just didn't let Rocky out to get that one yet. :wink:
stewy
Craftsman

Post by stewy »

Hint
Spoiler
after you do something major back track
DM_Player
Adept

Post by DM_Player »

Stewy,

I must not have done what you expected to get that chest. In order to clear all of the prisoner cells, I had to go back to that point and get the
Spoiler
dirt worm food (yes, I know there was some in the pit at the candles, but I didn't take it with me and once the pit "closed" I couldn't get back down to get it) EDIT: The red cross switch in the crossroads room resets the pit so that you fall/climb down it once again.
As that is where I knew I had left some. While there, I went all the way back to the hall of champions to
Spoiler
recharge the tiger eye of time
. On the way back to the prisoner cells, I checked on that mithral chest once again and it was still behind the tree. I know that Chaos indicated that the tree just disappeared for him, but he was never sure what he did to cause it. So, whatever he did, I must not have done.
DM_Player
Adept

Post by DM_Player »

Didn't get very far before I am stuck again.

At the look deep in my eye puzzle
Spoiler
where I think you need to active the rings to teleport the 5 pipes up to the control room
but I showed the eye everything I have and no luck.

Can't open the door down the hallway from this puzzle either.

Went back to the 2 Boulders room as I hadn't solved the
Spoiler
release me
puzzler, and still couldn't figure it out.
Chaos-Shaman
High Lord

Post by Chaos-Shaman »

DM_Player, the eye works like in the original, you
Spoiler
use the magnifier on it
troll, I have no idea how to get him free, I see a trip plate but that's all. I am trying to figure out the bread, pear, cheese compass riddle. PEAR?? I think stewy put that in there to mess us up.
keep your gor coin handy