SOTF Sins of the Father

Custom dungeons for RTC
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
DM_Player
Adept

Re: SOTF

Post by DM_Player »

Chaos,

Never found a
Spoiler
magnifier.
Do you remember where you found it?

You can throw things through the door in front of the troll. I killed him with poison eyeballs, but of course this isn't the correct thing to do. I think you have to throw something through the other door to get on the pressure plate, but everything I've tried so far doesn't go through the door. I thought maybe the two boulders in the mithral chest that Rocky had would do the trick (after all it is the two boulder room), but I couldn't get them to activate anything in the room.
Chaos-Shaman
High Lord

Post by Chaos-Shaman »

about the
Spoiler
magnifier
I found it recently, I believe I had to kill a nasty monk to get it, there is so much in this game that I have a hard to remembering where I find things. I can tell you it was after getting past the meet at the crossroads, just after that. there is a lot of work in this dungeon. right now I am sorting items, I tripped back to the start to grab all items now that I have all 4 mithral chests. still couldn't get all the food. I know where it is if I need it.

I don't know about the troll, he is associated with his club, not sure what else
keep your gor coin handy
DM_Player
Adept

Post by DM_Player »

Hmmm,

There isn't that much after the crossroads, just the feed the prisoners, 2
Spoiler
minotaur monsters
, then the control room and the
Spoiler
pipe level with 2 monks
is just below the control room (which is where I'm stuck). Neither monk dropped
Spoiler
a magnifier.
I'll have to look around some more after the crossroads.
Chaos-Shaman
High Lord

Post by Chaos-Shaman »

I just can't remember, having a few again tonight :lol:
keep your gor coin handy
Chaos-Shaman
High Lord

Post by Chaos-Shaman »

having troubles with the food compass riddle, can't open one of the doors still, not sure how to use the clue yet. has anyone figured it out? man these puzzles well done.
keep your gor coin handy
DM_Player
Adept

Post by DM_Player »

Chaos,

I'm still stuck trying to use the "Look deep into my eye" to teleport the pipes up to the control room, can't find a magnifying glass anywhere. Also, still can't open the skull/snakehead door here either. I assume it opens after you teleport the pipes. Does it open a different way?
DM_Player
Adept

Post by DM_Player »

Chaos-Shaman wrote:about the
Spoiler
magnifier
I found it recently, I believe I had to kill a nasty monk to get it, there is so much in this game that I have a hard to remembering where I find things. I can tell you it was after getting past the meet at the crossroads, just after ...
Got the hint from Stewy (Thanks!) The
Spoiler
magnifying glass is before the crossroads in the welder room. Look closely at don't push me
I should have seen this the first 50 times I looked there. :oops:

Oh well, moving on!!!
Chaos-Shaman
High Lord

Post by Chaos-Shaman »

hahahahaha, I get stumped on those things too stewy, and yes the door opens once you complete that puzzle. I wish I could play today. i'll most likely be busy for this week so i'll be needing your help no doubt. if these puzzles get any harder, god sakes he'll have to make a hint book.

what did you think about the riddle, 'walk slow and listen carefully', hahahahha, stewy is a demented dungeon designer, I am so impressed by this dungeon.
keep your gor coin handy
stewy
Craftsman

Post by stewy »

Hint
Spoiler
There is enough pipes to fill all the holes
DM_Player
Adept

Post by DM_Player »

Solved the food compass riddle (I think :| ), killed the worms for food, got 3 runes, another pipe, and a dragon shield. Still have to figure out where the 7th pipe is :cry:
the master
On Master

Re: Through to last gate

Post by the master »

I have now managed to get through to the last gate of the speed challenge but cant work how how to get though the last one. I have a scroll which says
Spoiler
a star will show you the way
. Any help getting through last gate appreciated so that I can catch you up, although I very much doubt it in 2014.
Chaos-Shaman
High Lord

Post by Chaos-Shaman »

masta, stewy was sneaky but straight forward
Spoiler
for the world is hollow and I have touched the SKY
keep your gor coin handy
Chaos-Shaman
High Lord

Post by Chaos-Shaman »

DM-Player, I have just not have the chance to play... can you explain to me that food compass thing
Spoiler
how does the compass sequence work, I killed the worms and got 2 runes pulled 2 switches, there is a door I can't open and there is a hallway I can't get down, some magic force field in the way, I don't know what the 3rd one is or if I have a dragon shield, have not played in a while.
I spend every spare minute on this, it's that much fun... right now finishing off an update on ai for stewy to check out, he said we'd like his dungeon, I LOVE IT, and I think he'll enjoy the ai. if he puts that kind of mechanics into his dungeons it'll be something to look forward to, that's a promise.
keep your gor coin handy
the master
On Master

Post by the master »

Okay got through all the gates and through
Spoiler
the transporter at the end
. This has opened
Spoiler
up a few more gates and created some nasty creatures
. Found another
Spoiler
set of pipes down to a new area
. Do i need to stay on the roof or find another way down?
DM_Player
Adept

Post by DM_Player »

Master,

If there's a pipe you can climb down then you should climb down, there are only 3 pipes you can go up and down as I recall. You are never trapped if you climb down a pipe, you can always climb back up and you must eventually climb down to move on in the dungeon.
Last edited by DM_Player on Wed Apr 09, 2014 1:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
DM_Player
Adept

Post by DM_Player »

Chaos,

The scroll is linked to the food that shows up on the table, it tells you what to do for each food item.
Spoiler
So, if the food on the table is bread, the scroll indicates bread is north, so you walk across the cross from south to north. When it's a worm round you walk across from east to west and so on.
Or at least that's what I did. In doing so, you can open a door about midway through the compass riddle.
Spoiler
There are worms and Golem behind that door, but I didn't find anything else.
Once you've completed the compass puzzle you will once again be able to exit the area. The 6th pipe is easy to find and get once the puzzle is completed. I haven't yet found the 7th. Be sure that you
Spoiler
flip ALL of the switches.
I missed one the first time through this puzzle and the
Spoiler
magic ring didn't activate.
If you only have 1 push left with any of your items then you might be in trouble, as I think you need at least two to move on from here.

I think that Stewy could have done this puzzle a couple of different ways,
Spoiler
using triggers to make things visible or not (Soap on a Rope did this in Escape from Order's Prison -- I was only able to figure out what was going on by mapping - you should try that dungeon if you want an interesting challenge) or by teleporting between same layout rooms.
It looks to me like Stewy chose the latter way.
Chaos-Shaman
High Lord

Post by Chaos-Shaman »

DM-Player

i can't wait to get back at this game i tried
Spoiler
i thought that's what i did, i can exit the area no problems but i only pulled two switches, i think i only got 2 runes dain and ros i think, there is another door to open and another hallway that i can't walk down.
yes, he chose the latter, i placed items on the floor to help me figure out where i was.
keep your gor coin handy
DM_Player
Adept

Post by DM_Player »

Chaos,
Spoiler
There are 3 switches. I too had to leave things in front of the tapestry to eventually determine this. As I said, I missed one as well the first time through the riddle.
Also, it looks like Stewy put an intentional dead end in the game not long after this. So, when you get to a point where it looks like you repeat the same action several times, you might want to save before each action, as one of them leads to the dead end.
Chaos-Shaman
High Lord

Post by Chaos-Shaman »

he's being sneaky, hehe, I must have 100 saved games now, I do a copy of them every so often, I should be ok now for any potential dead ends.

I will have time tonight to test that riddle room out once more,
Spoiler
3 switches eh, ok, but if the compass has 3 food items does that mean I step forward 3 times north, or just once?
keep your gor coin handy
DM_Player
Adept

Post by DM_Player »

Chaos,
Spoiler
No, 1 step into the cross for each food item on the table. There are 8 food items listed on the scroll, each is used once in the puzzle. You'll go N 3 times, E 3 times, W once and S once. You start with bread and when you complete the puzzle you are back at bread.
the master
On Master

Re: One More Gate

Post by the master »

I notice on the roof that there is one more gate left to open. However I dont have any keys. Can anyone tell me if I need to get through this gate to progress and if so where the key to it can be located.
DM_Player
Adept

Post by DM_Player »

Master,

There was a key dropped by the monsters when you climbed down and got the vi rune. Did you move all of the clubs and find it?
the master
On Master

Post by the master »

Now in the room of the yellow gem. Have so far found
Spoiler
the key inside the turd which fits into a keyhole and brings up a fire with some pipes above it
. I have found loads of incorrect gems and have
Spoiler
tried to wash them in the fountain
. Could anyone point me in the right direction for the yellow gem please.
stewy
Craftsman

Post by stewy »

I am glad to hear that the bread was there, My first tries running through it the bread would vanish :mrgreen:
the master
On Master

Post by the master »

Now
Spoiler
found the yellow gem and collecting all the gems around the pit to fill up the money box
. How do I know when I have enough gems to fill the money box. Does something happen or do I need to do something with it.
DM_Player
Adept

Post by DM_Player »

I don't think there is a way to tell. Step on every tile, click on everything and collect what you can. You need the gems later on.
the master
On Master

Post by the master »

Every had that feeling that you are going insane. I have spent the last 3 hours looking for gems and have now, including the yellow gem amassed a total of
Spoiler
. When I reach the specified amount is something suppose to happen or do I have to put the money box somewhere as a test to see if its full enough. I mean could be looking for ever more. Also is there a way to prise the gems from the walls.
DM_Player
Adept

Post by DM_Player »

Has anyone been able to open the web door after the bring me to life door? Stuck on this one.

There is a pressure plate in front of the door, does a particular item need to be put on it?
stewy
Craftsman

Post by stewy »

Your kind of close to the end, if your heart is into it, preview of what awaits
Chaos-Shaman
High Lord

Post by Chaos-Shaman »

hey, I am back, I can't wait to get back at this dynamite game, oh yeah
keep your gor coin handy