SOTF Sins of the Father

Custom dungeons for RTC
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
the master
On Master

Re: SOTF

Post by the master »

In the meantime. Now into the forest area. Stuck on a couple of things.

1. Is there anything to be done with the large barrels.
2. In the freezer I have the objects on the scroll but don't know what I am suppose to do with them. There is a closed door here I cant get through. I know that there is some sort of creature behind the door and that the door has half a plate showing at the bottom of the door, supposedly to put something on
Spoiler
I have found the false wall here and have gone down and killed the monster thing
4. In the flying flame room is there any thing to do except get the objects in the alcove.
5. There is a scroll saying "3 is bad".

Apart from that everything great. Killed the
Spoiler
chicken though and got a shock
. Don't know if I was suppose to do that.
Last edited by the master on Tue Apr 15, 2014 6:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
the master
On Master

Post by the master »

Just gone into the cave with the numbers on the wall and flashing purple blobs.
Spoiler
Have used the window spell and got the number so am I suppose to use this number somehow with the flashing purple blobs or is it as I suspect just a way of lighting the fire so I can capture the flame
. There is also a gate upstairs from here that I haven't worked out how to open.
stewy
Craftsman

Post by stewy »

Got a new job that keeps me busy during the week days, will help out dungeon masters playing my game on weekends. Thanks again
If I get the chance on week days too :mrgreen:
Last edited by stewy on Sun Apr 20, 2014 7:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chaos-Shaman
High Lord

Post by Chaos-Shaman »

excellent for you stewy! so we'll be pestering you on weekends :P
keep your gor coin handy
stewy
Craftsman

Post by stewy »

Made a fXXX up in my game, moved a monster and didn't change a wall relay switch. It will be fixed in two days :oops:
Still hope ya all will still play it. I still think it is cool and a good dungeon
Chaos-Shaman
High Lord

Post by Chaos-Shaman »

of course stewy. the dungeon is well done. i think we all fear the same thing when putting out a dungeon. playing that cemetery once more i look forward to. i want to know who is Brian at the night grave. what was the baby cemetery about?

it's probably 3 days to replay it where i am i think. i was thinking it would take a year to finish SOTF, it feels huge.
keep your gor coin handy
stewy
Craftsman

Post by stewy »

All the brains were mine, all me, sorry for the fxxx up will fix all cimplants :(
me bad
Chaos-Shaman
High Lord

Post by Chaos-Shaman »

we'll kill you later :lol:
keep your gor coin handy
DM_Player
Adept

Post by DM_Player »

DM_Player wrote:Has anyone been able to open the web door after the bring me to life door? Stuck on this one.

There is a pressure plate in front of the door, does a particular item need to be put on it?
Chaos,

This is where the glitch in the game is at. The door can't be opened in the current game, so it's a premature game ending.

I did a quick replay up to the freezer area, as I had a computer crash and had to restore from a time before I started playing this game. Now that you know where everything is, how the to solve the puzzles and what items to keep it doesn't take that long.

You might want to PM Stewy if you think something needs fixed/could be improved for version 2 of the game. We PM'd and he offered to consider changing things based on our play so far.

I agree that the dungeon is worth playing once the glitch is fixed. These things happen. The dungeons are complex and a stray mouse click (think Tower of Champions by Adamski where an unintended wall appeared, forcing a version 2 after everyone had started playing :( ) or a change in a series of complex actions (like in this case :( ) can easily make a dungeon unplayable. It doesn't mean that once the glitch is fixed that the dungeon shouldn't be played.
Chaos-Shaman
High Lord

Post by Chaos-Shaman »

oh no, I have full intensions of playing this game, absolutely. I have many questions to ask about, things I want to know to put in the ai being built. he has done some real cool things with it. there is very little in the game to fix, minor graphical errors. the only thing I believe is missing is the click on the monster, all that part of RTC is not being used, yet this game stands out from the rest even without the clickable monsters. is there a dungeon that can match the design stewy has put forth???? like puzzles are one thing, puzzles do not represent how great the dungeon is, it is only part of it. what stewy did for me was the sound effects, it gave me a nice feel, reminded me of the amiga days when playing DM in stereo, I had front and back speakers set up, SOTF does that for me, especially that baby cemetery. it might be wise for any dungeon maker to at least have someone testing the dungeon out. it's hard to find someone who will be dedicated enough to sincerely test out a dungeon in progress.

I will be playing this dungeon again.
keep your gor coin handy
stewy
Craftsman

Post by stewy »

Thank you Chaos shamam, dm_player, and dm master for giving my game a play, and enjoyed it. My sequel is called "A Mothers Secrets" I will fix this just give me a few more days. New job kicking my butt. Thought of a 3rd game witch is wild, so part two is not as long as SOTF. Will do every thing to keep them wild and interesting. I am big on sound effects "thanks chaos_shamam" :mrgreen:
Found away to drop hints on weekdays
Chaos-Shaman
High Lord

Post by Chaos-Shaman »

that would be real cool, but surely you have not already built, A Mother's Secrets, yet. that would be miraculous if you did.
where did you get all those great sounds from? I can see where much of the graphics where they were from.
keep your gor coin handy
stewy
Craftsman

Post by stewy »

UH UH UH, Yes I am on it and ya ought to see my new mirrors :twisted: new sounds too. PS my voice is in SOTF
I didn't jot down where I got the graphics on my last game and I am sorry :cry: wont make the mistake again
If it wasn't for them my game would suck. A few graphics I done my self, most proud of the coffin :mrgreen:
Roof blob was mine to, my first graphic :mrgreen:
stewy
Craftsman

Post by stewy »

I sent beowuuf the drop box so maybe tomorrow :D
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

About 12 hours time thanks to time difference working for rather than against things for once :)
Chaos-Shaman
High Lord

Post by Chaos-Shaman »

looking great stewy!
keep your gor coin handy
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

stewy
Craftsman

Post by stewy »

Renamed it THE FATHER, Wrong one, can you try again, Beowuuf
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Can you send me the link?
stewy
Craftsman

Post by stewy »

Just tried to send you the new link, lets see if it goes through :o
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

stewy
Craftsman

Post by stewy »

Good luck this time around :mrgreen:
Chaos-Shaman
High Lord

Post by Chaos-Shaman »

great, have to get playing it again... why did you rename it stewy?
keep your gor coin handy
stewy
Craftsman

Post by stewy »

In a hurry. Don't like (game 1.0) Just the package name, It is still SOTF :mrgreen:
Chaos-Shaman
High Lord

Post by Chaos-Shaman »

right, back playing, just getting into the graveyard. it is amazing how quickly we can forget.
keep your gor coin handy
Clodius_one
Adept

Post by Clodius_one »

Hi Stewy,

I found out lately you have done a new game. I played with it during March. You did a really nice job. I love it even if I had seen only a little part of it. It was so funny to read the unfortunate researches from CS & Master for clues and not expressly answered by you. 30 years ago I played only DM and CSB then everything you did in SOFT is a big surprise for me. So far I did the field up from the Hall of Champions and parts of the 2 sides of the cemetery. The sound is absolutely stunning. It makes me look up on my shoulder all the time like crazy. I love the part of playing outside background, which it was missing a lot in DM & CSB. I know its look like an illusion but it gives the impression of fresh air. I really like the idea to activate the rune’s stones on the book of spells to use them. I think your game is well balanced and very beautiful. I mean you used a lot of features to give us more challenge. I am still surprised in admiration for the beauty of the background and trying to breathe nature’s plants when a monster try in my back to cut my head with a sword not sharp enough.

I have downloaded the updated file and the game seems more stable. Thanks to give us more food and cure plants. At the beginning I was hesitant to use champions with big stats and no Mana.
Spoiler
I found out how to develop this gap by using the purple orb to the right person.
30 years later I introduced DM games to my son. He found your game stunning and like me very addictive. By the way, he found out Michael was boosted a bit in his mirror on the new file.

Long live to your wonderful game. Thanks to give DM a new life.

Clodius_one
Even if I had given you the smallest bite, my poison will overcome you
Spoiler
Try me!
Chaos-Shaman
High Lord

Post by Chaos-Shaman »

it sure is a lot of fun... I got to playing it a few more hours today, at the day grave now. I had to do that pesky pick up all the gem room. I have clicked and pressed so much, my forward key is messing up, and I don't know how much the mouse will take. I enjoyed redoing the knight cemetery, still have to go back and finish the ladder down part. just an outstanding game.

stewy, I found the oh rune this time, I don't know how I missed it. the dungeon has not crashed other than the typical die twice. I should be in the castle tomorrow, getting close to where I was, maybe another day but my fighter Ivan is nowhere near as strong. I chose three different characters, one of the chosen ones of the six Natasha, then Travis and the worst of all, Myst who dies very easily, I practiced fighting to make her tougher.
keep your gor coin handy
the master
On Master

Post by the master »

Just loaded the new version and was able to resume my previous game. Is that possible or should I start from the beginning?
Chaos-Shaman
High Lord

Post by Chaos-Shaman »

I am not sure about that masta, if he changed anything other than stats I am not too sure... anyhow, yeah I am back to playing today. the net has been down for me.

I am now in the castle and am confronted with The Fat One, but I never saw him before??? it has been a ride replaying it, not sure if it easier than the first round... lots of fun.

I am missing the robe, I know it's back at the beginning someplace, anyone have an idea?
keep your gor coin handy
Chaos-Shaman
High Lord

Post by Chaos-Shaman »

alright, I am back at the food compass, I can't seem to get the
Spoiler
shank or the apple to appear, I did see the shank in my previous games, there is a door that still needs to be opened, I think I got 3 runes from it so far, I need that apple, any hints guys
keep your gor coin handy