[Custom dungeon] Underverse [RTC] [Saumun]

Custom dungeons for RTC
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Chaos-Shaman
High Lord

Re: [RTC] New Dungeon: Underverse

Post by Chaos-Shaman »

map spells
oh gor ku, monster
oh gor ros, fake walls
oh gor dain, spells
zo ir neta, fix point

how did you manage to play without it master, you're just playing :lol:
keep your gor coin handy
terkio
Mon Master

Post by terkio »

the master wrote: Can you quote the exact spells Terkio and what they do please.
From the DM Encyclopedia http://dmweb.free.fr/

Oh Gor Ros Show fake walls and hidden pits.
Oh Gor Ku Show creatures.
Oh Gor Dain Show active spells.
Zo Ir Neta Anchor magic map to the casting point.
"You can be on the right track and still get hit by a train!" Alfred E. Neuman
Chaos-Shaman
High Lord

Post by Chaos-Shaman »

yup, that's what I did, I noticed the wall. Right now I am looking for the second
Spoiler
solid key, found one around the pits, however the knights area I still have a clicking trip plate just right of the gold ornate doors. I spent half hour trying to figure out that plate to get the other solid key, is it a secret switch?
keep your gor coin handy
the master
On Master

Post by the master »

CS.
Spoiler
when you step on a plate that clicks go around that particular pillar until you come back to the plate. It should then open the wall with yet another, you guessed it metal mickey. I think you go around clockwise
Saumun
High Lord

Post by Saumun »

CS...
Spoiler
No switch... It's just about hitting the pads in a sequence between the knight rooms. Try walking around the rectangles a certain way.
EDIT: Haha... Just done it again!
“Grynix Ernum Quey Ki Skebow Rednim U Os Dey Wefna Enocarn Aquantana” - Anon
Chaos-Shaman
High Lord

Post by Chaos-Shaman »

masta
Spoiler
it's the first one going in, i'll test it now cause that is where I'm standing, okay, right the F on, going in for the kill
Food has barely held in, been surviving with potions with zero food, I've lived off magic before, and it's a lot of potions :|
keep your gor coin handy
the master
On Master

Post by the master »

Saumun wrote:CS...
Spoiler
No switch... It's just about hitting the pads in a sequence between the knight rooms. Try walking around the rectangles a certain way.
EDIT: Haha... Just done it again!
You will just have to get faster on that keyboard Saumun :)
the master
On Master

Post by the master »

CS. I'm surprised you are low on food. Did you not
Spoiler
kill the dragon before this part and get lots of steaks
Saumun
High Lord

Post by Saumun »

Also shanks from the dogs and drumsticks from the rats... Must have a hungry bunch!
Chaos-Shaman
High Lord

Post by Chaos-Shaman »

I'm at an
Spoiler
invisible pit with a lever above, searched the area and couldn't close it, across from it is another invisible pit with a chest and key. Need what looks like two gold keys, have two dungeon key, is it a switch that closes the pits?
I ate all the dragon meat, and all the wolf too, have a couple bits left, and orange and some cheese.
keep your gor coin handy
the master
On Master

Post by the master »

I'll leave this one to Saumun.
Saumun
High Lord

Post by Saumun »

CS...
Spoiler
Easy to get lost around these parts... Go south east and find a room where the pressure pads disappear when you approach. You need to hit a pad to make the pit close.
Chaos-Shaman
High Lord

Post by Chaos-Shaman »

Just down down and went S and E boom, found those pressure pads, give it another whack after dinner. This looks difficult.
keep your gor coin handy
Igor Poulpupov
Artisan

Post by Igor Poulpupov »

I think something got wrong but I'm not sure.
Spoiler
The Neta rune and the zombie. On my current game, I can't find the zombie. And I'm 100% sure I didn't steal his coin. Where can he be? I feel like I searched everywhere. Are there invisible teleports to keep him in one area or can he just go anywhere? I really feel like he just disappeared for some reason. What is the trigger to make him killable?
If i load a very old saved game, I can get that coin and the other one from the chest, and get the Neta rune. But I just don't want to redo everything around here again: the Neta zone is like the first thing I did after getting past the dragon...
Spoiler
Other than that, I have 4 runes: On, Des, Ful, Kath, and a dungeon key. Is that all I had to find except the Neta one?
Saumun
High Lord

Post by Saumun »

Igor...
Spoiler
That particular zombie is cloned and has it's own identity. The trigger is set within the monster itself... so that upon the click, the coin is created on the mouse and the monster is swapped for a regular zombie. It sometimes takes two clicks... I don't know why!
Spoiler
There are blocker teleports, but within quite a wide span... so it could have wondered off somewhere. One is only a few steps west (in the main north/south corridor), so it cannot have gone south of this area. There are more further north, but it could have gone anywhere in between.
Spoiler
Hmmm... Might be better for me to place more in a new update.
terkio
Mon Master

Post by terkio »

More:
The magic map shows stuff buried in walls, you would not see with Oh Ew Ra
Igor Poulpupov
Artisan

Post by Igor Poulpupov »

Ok, there's a bug. I guess that's what happened.
Spoiler
The coin won't appear if you have something in your hand when clicking on the zombie. But the zombie will still be turned into a normal zombie without coin.
So... I will have to redo everything.
terkio
Mon Master

Post by terkio »

Indeed, I recall, I had such a thing, while I tested ( caried coin there/not there )....Thought that was a glitch or an error from mine. Sorry.
I was keeping saves to recheck the last puzzles.
Saumun
High Lord

Post by Saumun »

Aah... I'll have a look at this.
Chaos-Shaman
High Lord

Post by Chaos-Shaman »

Igor Poulpupov wrote:Ok, there's a bug. I guess that's what happened.
Spoiler
The coin won't appear if you have something in your hand when clicking on the zombie. But the zombie will still be turned into a normal zombie without coin.
So... I will have to redo everything.
YUP, create in hand NOT mouse, it may end up on the floor but at least it'll appear. It can be set to check if hand is empty first before doing the action. This works.
keep your gor coin handy
Chaos-Shaman
High Lord

Post by Chaos-Shaman »

I did the last part and pulled the lever, went back to the
Spoiler
invisible pits with chest and key and lever but they were still there. I need to find a way to close them.
It looks like I am home for most of the day to play. Lots of fun people. Ace for the puzzles done.
keep your gor coin handy
Saumun
High Lord

Post by Saumun »

@CS...
Spoiler
Which lever did you pull? It's not a lever that deactivates the pit, it's a pad in the southeastern room.
@All...
Zombie issue fixed. Uploading now.
Spoiler
Still created on mouse... not hand. More elegant. Clicks now swap between two cloned monsters, both of which give a cloned coin if hand is empty. Cloned coin on the mouse triggers swap to regular zombie (killable) to prevent player from getting more than one coin, and is swapped for the regular coin by the same trigger.
Tested out... Works fine!
Better put an unspoilered message though, so...

Anyone playing an Underverse version that predates v1.6... In the northern wing, when you reach four rooms with a zombie in each. Do not click on a zombie if you have an object on the mouse. It will create a dead end.
Chaos-Shaman
High Lord

Post by Chaos-Shaman »

Still created on mouse... not hand. More elegant.
You could change the condition to, hand is empty. Give a message if not or some other action.
keep your gor coin handy
Chaos-Shaman
High Lord

Post by Chaos-Shaman »

I am looking for an opal gem hole, hunger is setting in with two character no food, no garden. I think I saw the gem hole but where, back to where I come or another flashing wall :lol:
keep your gor coin handy
the master
On Master

Post by the master »

Chaos-Shaman wrote:I am looking for an opal gem hole, hunger is setting in with two character no food, no garden. I think I saw the gem hole but where, back to where I come or another flashing wall :lol:
CS.
Spoiler
depends on what colour gem you have. There are actually 2 gem holes to open 2 doors. You actually need the white colour gems. If you have a black one you need to find the yellow haze in the false walls area where you can exchange it.
Spoiler
if you find the false wall area you will get lots of food
Sambini
Novice

Post by Sambini »

Hi Saumun, I have made a fair bit of progress in the game but I have a few questions for you if you don't mind :)
Spoiler
I am currently at the part you mentioned earlier with the pressure pad the spawns two scorpions and changes the exit to the room. I have 2 of the keys and I am looking for the third. I am in a room with the disappearing switch and I can't seem to figure out how to press it! Also, I still have the winged key that I have not used and I have yet to be able to open the primary colors door. To be honest this whole section is so big and confusing I don't even know where to begin in explaining what I have done or not done lol I am getting better at keeping track of where I have been and the direction I am going but it is still very difficult for me! I also think I might be missing a rune, I put a couple in when I made it out to the hive entrance recently and will go back to check which ones I have to see if you can help me find them... Hopefully you can help me with the disappearing switch for now.
Saumun
High Lord

Post by Saumun »

@CS...
Spoiler
It sounds like you have the first opal gem. This is good because it can be an easy one to miss. Though i don't know your exact position, the general area you're in is not too far from a garden. The best way i can describe it is... Find the room with invisible pits and a fountain where you got a gold key. Head a few steps south out of the room, then go east (around 9 or 10 steps), then head north as far as you can go. Once you pass a fireplace, you'll know you're on the right track. The long corridor west from here has a garden. Further west is a large area with fake walls. There are plenty of worms here and a dragon, so you'll get plenty of food.
@Sambini...
Spoiler
The disappearing switches... Are they just beyond a corridor where lightning bolts are fired? I ask because there are others.
But i don't think this can be the one you mean because you have the winged key (and you wouldn't have been able to get where you are and have the winged key without completing that part.
So... The only other bit i can think of in the northern wing are the ones that alternate between three different points near the end of the section. Are you near a room with a yellow haze in the corner that moves to the other corner of the room when you approach it? Just south of the scorpion/pressure pad/fireplace room? If so, then there is no trick to it. If you see it appear but miss it, just wait in the same place. It will reappear. The switch turns off the yellow haze, allowing you to get the key inside.
If this is not the place you mean, let me know and i'll help further.
Spoiler
A point about the exits from the scorpion/pressure pad/fireplace room.... The exit that takes you into a long corridor leading east is not necessary to complete this section, but it is useful. It contains a very nice weapon, more food, and the helm of lyf. The armour of lyf is very useful indeed, because it slows down the hunger and thirst of the wearer. Each piece slows it down a bit. Wearing the full armour slows it down significantly (the helm being the most effective).
Spoiler
There is a full explanation for the "Primary Colours" door on the 5th page of this thread, 27th post down (unless i've miscounted). You have to open this door, as it has a rune behind it. You need a brass, winged, and turquoise key to get it all done.
Sambini
Novice

Post by Sambini »

Saumun - the switch I am talking about is by the exit from the scorpion/pressure pad/fireplace room with the long corridor. I pass the yellow haze with the helm in it and go down a hallway where I have to hit 2 switches behind secret walls in order to open up a new passage. When I go down there is a green bug creature and a switch on the wall that disappears whenever I step in front of it. Just to clarify I have already hit the switch that comes and goes and is near the two yellow hazes with the key as well as the lightning bolt switch where it appears behind you on another wall. It sounds like this helm is really important and I really hope that this switch is the key to retrieving it! Fortunately unlike Chaos and Master I have not had an issue with food thus far, but I would rather be safe than sorry. I plan on helping Chaos find this helm later so he can survive a little longer lol he is dying of hunger at the moment... I hope I have described my situation better this time, if not I can just send you the saved game and you can help me out? :)
Chaos-Shaman
High Lord

Post by Chaos-Shaman »

The puzzles are getting a bit more trickier. Found another garden and new area to explore, food should be ok soon if I can find my way back.
keep your gor coin handy
Saumun
High Lord

Post by Saumun »

@Sambini...
Spoiler
I'd forgotten about that one... Okay, from the room you're in with the disappearing switch. Backtrack around south, east, and north past the pits you came through. You'll be at a point outside the room with the disappearing switch. Here is another grey button that opens a wall next to it with a pressure pad beneath it (allowing entrance back into the room without having to go around again). Hitting the pad makes the switch stay visible. Once you hit the switch, head south towards the helm in the haze, and you'll notice a wall has opened. Be careful, as there are demons in here guarding a lever. The lever turns off the haze, allowing you to get the helm.
Spoiler
The armour is not necessary for the completion of the dungeon, but it does mean the wearer needs less food. Having complete sets of special armour also helps you out later on in the game.
Spoiler
You mentioned in an earlier post about having two out of three keys. Are these square keys? If so, describe the area for me and i'll be able to help you find it. Like most things in this dungeon, you have to get it to get a rune.
@CS...
Spoiler
In the large fake wall area, the worms respawn. The triggers are just inside the doors of the three rooms opened by brass keys... So you'll always be able to get worm food from here. Also, most sections from here are connected to long straight corridors , so it's quick to get back.