Dungeon Master Java released

This is a forum for the DM clone DM Java created by Alandale. Note it also has it's own set of forums at ezboard (link stickied)

Moderator: alandale

Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Dungeon Master Java released

Post by Gambit37 »

George, I hope you don't mind me posting this here. I thought it might be useful for other people to see how other clones have been shaping up. It's a big download though: 11MB for the game, and 5MB for the Java VM if you don't already have it.

Dungeon Master Java homepage: <a href="http://www.cs.pitt.edu/~alandale/dmjava ... ex.html</a>

It's pretty good, but the download size may put a lot of people off. There's also a message board been set up for it.
cowsmanaut
Moo Master

I was wondering when this post would show up..

Post by cowsmanaut »

I figured Alandale would have posted it himself though.. (Shrug)

I wanted to try out the latest version myself see what changes were in it but it took forever to D/L on 56k and it ended up being a corrupt zip file.. so I'm still stuck playing the old one..

Anyone else have this problem?
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Re: Dungeon Master Java released

Post by beowuuf »

yeah, a post on the un-official site this today said that the 11Mb download part wasn't working right yet, but they'd reported the problem. He was using a cable modem so was going to keep trying it til it worked...so check out the board everysooften to see when it's sorted, i guess...
Was unable to (permenantly) kill off ian_scho (Haynuus), Ameena, oh_brother (Westian), money (Falkor), raixel (Petal) and Lord_Bones (Aurek) in the DM D&D game Time's Champions!

CONGRATULATIONS TO THOSE WHO MADE THE GAME WHAT IT WAS - GREAT!
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Re: Dungeon Master Java released

Post by Gambit37 »

The first time I tried it, the zip was messed up. I tried it a second time and it was OK... <shrug>. That was last night, about 12 hours ago, so I guess it is working. I made sure I left the computer alone while it downloaded, and didn't do any other 'net stuff. The first time I was surfing too, which somehow may have messed it up???
MadMunky
Adept

DM Java Editor

Post by MadMunky »

Just been playing around with the DM Java Editor and must say it works very well! Hope that once RTC is finished DmMute will work this well!
gexpatri
Neophyte

DMjava

Post by gexpatri »

Hi everybody,

I downloaded it yesterday. The big file I mean, and it works fine !
Graphics are well enhanced, and I did not encounter any bug till now, which is maybe too early to conclude.

DM rules.