New Dungeons

General messages about RTC and it's development.

Moderator: George Gilbert

Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Fade
Neophyte

New Dungeons

Post by Fade »

I was just wondering, as I'm still fairly new to RTC and Dmute, has there been a lot of new dungeons or even total conversions created for use with RTC? If so, where are they all kept? Is there a central website that they're kept on or anything like that?

One other thing i was wondering about, if its possible to create new dungeons and add new graphics and sounds etc, will it eventually be possible to create new spells?

Thanks for the help :)
amaprotu
Adept

Re: New Dungeons

Post by amaprotu »

Take a look at the other posts in the other forums on this message board, all your questions are answered there, and a lot more.
Basically:
The only person currently capable of making dungeons for RTC is George, so there are no other dungeons right now besides the ones it comes with. Other people will be able to make dungeons for RTC soon(tm). It is possible to "override" graphics and sounds, and somewhere posted on this board are some graphics works in progress.

DMute is a whole different story, with lots of dungeons and I think a repository for those dungeons.
- Amaprotu
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Yup, for RTC graphics, Drake has a site for the graphical sets he is working on (http://chaos.zpc.cz/), and the forum has advice on how to use them and develop your own (Gambit was working on a set too, but maybe real life and the website have got in the way?).

For DMuted dungeons, there is an account at www.freedrive.com - use dmdungeons as the login, with password dungeons.
Was unable to (permenantly) kill off ian_scho (Haynuus), Ameena, oh_brother (Westian), money (Falkor), raixel (Petal) and Lord_Bones (Aurek) in the DM D&D game Time's Champions!

CONGRATULATIONS TO THOSE WHO MADE THE GAME WHAT IT WAS - GREAT!
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

Yup, you're right there Beowuuf.... R/L is too busy right now. I still intend to produce a graphics set for RTC but this is way in the future, after the website is finished (which incidentally is going rather slow right now....)
Fade
Neophyte

New Dungeons

Post by Fade »

Thanks a lot for the help, its cool to know theres so much work still going on for DM, sounds like its all going great so far too! I hope theres a graphical editor for RTC someday, that would truly be something.

Incidentally, Anyone remember any other dmtype games? Captive, Eye of the beholder, Black Crypt, Knightmare etc? All the games I grew up with *sigh* :)