[RTC] Underworld Dreams 1.2

Custom dungeons for RTC
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Chaos-Shaman
High Lord

Re: [RTC] Underworld Dreams 1.2

Post by Chaos-Shaman »

The fun is just starting Saumun :)

Leslie, where are you now?
keep your gor coin handy
Saumun
High Lord

Post by Saumun »

Ignore the first part of my last post.
Found it almost immediately after posting.
D’oh!
“Grynix Ernum Quey Ki Skebow Rednim U Os Dey Wefna Enocarn Aquantana” - Anon
m1ckey
Journeyman

Post by m1ckey »

Saumun, now that you´re entering the great tree, please let me know if and where you found the RA key(s). This has been bugging me for ages...
Saumun
High Lord

Post by Saumun »

Will do if I get them.
Hopefully I’ll get an hour or two tomorrow to play.

I entered sleepy hollow. Got two ra keys, and can see the third but not how to get to it... yet.
Started going round in circles a bit because I only found one ra lock.
Also, I’m assuming I need four lanterns, but only have one. Tried putting the same lantern in each alcove, but each time it just spawns a creature that tries to turn on the gramaphone. I can kill them without waking the other creatures, but nothing else seems to happen.
Clearly I’ve missed something.

I’ll sleep on it.
Leslie
Adept

Post by Leslie »

Chaos-Shaman wrote: Sat Mar 31, 2018 6:40 pm Leslie, where are you now?
I did not find a way to solve the "some creatures are attracted by light" puzzle in the amber hall. I lit the lantern hanging from the ceiling and tried to lure several creatures to that place, but nothing happened. Also I noticed a reveal symbol on a wall in that section, but the wall has no button or something similar. And there's still another closed door in the amber hall with some pixies behind it which I cannot open.
Hoping not to miss something vital I went to the sleepy hollow and opened the door with the four lanterns. By the way, I like the tune played by the grammophone :)
I went to the enchanted forest and found several places which I could not enter at the moment. Finally arrived at the dream palace and stopped playing for today at the entrance.
What are the bells that never ring? Enchanting smell, beautiful thing.
What are the lions that never roar? The wind blows their children far over the shore.
What are the gloves not worn by the hand? But worn by the foxes throughout the land.
Saumun
High Lord

Post by Saumun »

Okay, in response to m1ckey’s post.... I got the three ra keys and opened each ra lock door.
Spoiler
1. Stopping the pots falling after stepping on the pad that shoots rocks.
2. Using an amber wall to block the bolts before they hit the gong.
3. Putting the noisy creatures to sleep.
However, to anyone else out there...
I’m stuck at the moment because I still only have one lantern
Spoiler
from the tiger’s den
Can anyone give me pointers to another, as I’m stuck as far as getting up the treetop/rotating alcove (or is there a way of doing it with one lantern that I have missed?)
Also, there’s a door that requires two.
jahmiann
Artisan

Post by jahmiann »

Hi saumun

If you want to understand great tree mechanism you can read my post (10-Nov-17 10:56) on page 5.

UD is a really good dungeon i hope you will enjoy it ...
Saumun
High Lord

Post by Saumun »

So can the entire great tree be done with one lantern?

I’ve already opened all the ra entrances with one lantern by opening doors with it, and then retrieving it via a different route... but I came across a door that requires asks for two, and I couldn’t see how to get past the revolving alcove going to the tree top.
PaulH
Ghastly gastropod

Post by PaulH »

You definitely need 4 lanterns to progress at the end of the sleepy hollow. Is a very complex area - the ra keys do indeed allow you to double back and move a lantern further on, but you are rewarded with another in the new area. At least that is the basic premise.

Though I haven't read jahmiann's post, he may well know better :)
jahmiann
Artisan

Post by jahmiann »

Saumun wrote: Mon Apr 02, 2018 12:02 am So can the entire great tree be done with one lantern?

I’ve already opened all the ra entrances with one lantern by opening doors with it, and then retrieving it via a different route... but I came across a door that requires asks for two, and I couldn’t see how to get past the revolving alcove going to the tree top.
Spoiler
If you finish the dungeon with 1 lantern, you should get the second lantern (after the room with sleeping bolt challenge) before open the door to the beginning of the great tree.
Saumun
High Lord

Post by Saumun »

Hmm... seems I’ve been missing a few things then, as I’ve opened up all the ra doors (and the other areas) but found no more lanterns.
Time to go back and check things more closely, I think.
Thanks guys.
Chaos-Shaman
High Lord

Post by Chaos-Shaman »

Leslie:
I did not find a way to solve the "some creatures are attracted by light" puzzle in the amber hall. I lit the lantern hanging from the ceiling and tried to lure several creatures to that place, but nothing happened.
I couldn't figure that one out either, but there is a clue on what to do in one of the rooms at the top of the tree,
Spoiler
it will hint at what pattern you need for those lights
I didn't complete all the dungeon, only 67% so I may have missed some parts you're trying to solve. Absolutely amazing and will play it again in the future.
keep your gor coin handy
Leslie
Adept

Post by Leslie »

Started to explore the dream palace. After the 12 door riddle, I found a RA lock.
As I stated in a previous post, I had saved one of the RA keys from the sleepy hollow. The key could open the lock, and so I am now in a place called the secret library. Am I on the right track?
What are the lions that never roar? The wind blows their children far over the shore.
What are the gloves not worn by the hand? But worn by the foxes throughout the land.
Chaos-Shaman
High Lord

Post by Chaos-Shaman »

Leslie wrote: Tue Apr 03, 2018 12:59 am Started to explore the dream palace. After the 12 door riddle, I found a RA lock.
As I stated in a previous post, I had saved one of the RA keys from the sleepy hollow. The key could open the lock, and so I am now in a place called the secret library. Am I on the right track?
Secret Library, don't think I found that. I know I missed a lot.
keep your gor coin handy
Saumun
High Lord

Post by Saumun »

Surprising what a break can do. Went from stuck in my last post to all four lanterns in quite a short time.
Can’t play now for a couple of days, so called it a day at the snail den (where I got slaughtered).
Noticed that the pit to the snail den disappears when the monsters are woken, even if you’re through the door... trapping you.
I’ll probably be stuck again soon.
Leslie
Adept

Post by Leslie »

Saumun wrote: Tue Apr 03, 2018 5:22 pm ... so called it a day at the snail den (where I got slaughtered).
You can cheat a little bit by
Spoiler
using amber walls. Cast on the squares where the slides end will prevent the smaller monsters from showing up.
Then create some amber walls near the snail before you awaken it. Onxca awake, the snail will attack the amber walls and not come after you if you keep some distance. You can then easily cast attack spells and summon new walls if needed.
Saumun
High Lord

Post by Saumun »

Thanks Leslie.

May not be able to play until Thursday evening, but I’ll give that a go.
Leslie
Adept

Post by Leslie »

I need another push to the right direction please.
I read knightmare and the phantom parade to Gillian. Electra mentioned the parade would have dropped something, but there was nothing on the floor...
Near the phantom parade a door opened with another book behind, the Royal dinner. I also read that to Gillian, but I notice no change.
What should I do, or, where should I look?
Leslie
Adept

Post by Leslie »

Ah, found out, I needed to reload. For some reason the pahntom parade stopped moving.
After a reload, it dropped a flute, and the royal dinner also worked.
I am now in the dungeon with the pearl hall and a giant oyster. Is that the right place to continue? For now I just found some doors which I cannot open...
jahmiann
Artisan

Post by jahmiann »

Leslie wrote: Thu Apr 05, 2018 1:50 am Ah, found out, I needed to reload. For some reason the pahntom parade stopped moving.
After a reload, it dropped a flute, and the royal dinner also worked.
I am now in the dungeon with the pearl hall and a giant oyster. Is that the right place to continue? For now I just found some doors which I cannot open...
I think you are talking about SIVIS dungeon. This dungeon it's the last part of this area ....

Next step for you should be cloud castle book if i correctly remember ...
m1ckey
Journeyman

Post by m1ckey »

Saumun wrote: Sat Mar 31, 2018 11:19 pm Will do if I get them.
Hopefully I’ll get an hour or two tomorrow to play.

I entered sleepy hollow. Got two ra keys, and can see the third but not how to get to it... yet.
How exactly did you enter sleepy hollow and got the keys?
Leslie
Adept

Post by Leslie »

I made some progress and am now in the boot house. I found a YA key and a FUL key.
Spoiler
Placed the barrel on the large pressure pad downstairs, but nothing happens. I do not even get a click sound.
Am I doing something wrong?
Besides this, is there a way to leave the boot house and come back later? My party is starving, as the puzzles take a while to solve.
Saumun
High Lord

Post by Saumun »

m1ckey

After you use the first lantern from the tiger’s den to open the door near the start,
Spoiler
use the lever to summon harpies and use the sleep spell when one is over a pit. You need two monsters in the area at sleepy hollow entrance. There is an ogre already down there. Once you drop the harpy down the pit, climb down the rope and put both monsters to sleep on the floor pads and the door will open. You can then get the ra keys.
While I’m here, after entering the enchanted forest I headed straight for the dream palace.
Spoiler
After meeting the robed guy who told me about Quilip’s dragons, I went to the dungeon but seem to have been fighting them forever with no success.
Have they just got crazy hp, immunity to spells, or do I need to go elsewhere to find something to beat them?
Saumun
High Lord

Post by Saumun »

Scratch that last question. Killed them.
m1ckey
Journeyman

Post by m1ckey »

Saumun wrote: Thu Apr 05, 2018 10:15 pm m1ckey

After you use the first lantern from the tiger’s den to open the door near the start,
Spoiler
use the lever to summon harpies and use the sleep spell when one is over a pit. You need two monsters in the area at sleepy hollow entrance. There is an ogre already down there. Once you drop the harpy down the pit, climb down the rope and put both monsters to sleep on the floor pads and the door will open. You can then get the ra keys.
I was playing an earlier version 1.1, where sleepy harpy didnt fall down the pit, as expected or needed.

Version 1.2 seems to be working fine, so far...
Saumun
High Lord

Post by Saumun »

This is a magnificent dungeon. Brilliantly inventive puzzles.
Have to call it a day for now, and I’m gutted because I probably won’t be able to get back to it for a week... dammit!
Saved in the boot house. Have only had a quick run around as yet, and have so far only got a ful key.
Can’t wait to get back to it.
jahmiann
Artisan

Post by jahmiann »

Leslie wrote: Thu Apr 05, 2018 7:37 pm I made some progress and am now in the boot house. I found a YA key and a FUL key.
Spoiler
Placed the barrel on the large pressure pad downstairs, but nothing happens. I do not even get a click sound.
Am I doing something wrong?
Besides this, is there a way to leave the boot house and come back later? My party is starving, as the puzzles take a while to solve.
The only way to leave the boot house is to finish it ...
nexxus65
Journeyman

Post by nexxus65 »

hi Adamski !!

it's been a long time... many things happen but right now my life is quiet so i try you new game.
Amazing !!!!
In one day, i'm in floor 2, no find the key for rabbit door but crazy game :)
In french, one day ?
jahmiann
Artisan

Post by jahmiann »

hi nexxus

we don't have new from adamski since a moment, i will try to help you. I will do in french if you want :

Tu es donc au 2eme étage mais de quel donjon ? Je vois pas de quelle porte "lapin" tu parles ...
nexxus65
Journeyman

Post by nexxus65 »

bonsoir jahmiann !

En français c'est un poil mieux mais j'essaierai de l'écrire en anglais aussi pour me parfaire :)
Je suis dans la tour Amber au 2eme etage (elektra + Goros). Je ne vois pas ce que je dois faire.
Pour la forêt, je n'ai pas passe la porte du gardien et la porte close, celle ou un lapin
discute avant de disparaître et de laisser une serrure... donc la porte du lapin. J'ai essayé
de chercher une clé partout dans la foret juste a cote mais je ne trouve rien.

In French it's a little better but I'll try to write it in English too to perfect me :)
I am in the tower Amber on the 2nd floor (elektra + Goros). I don't know what I have to do.
For the forest, I didn't pass the gate of the guardian and the closed door, the one where a rabbit
discuss before disappearing and leave a lock ... so the door of the rabbit. I tried to find a key everywhere
in the forest near of this door but I can't find anything.