[RTC] Underworld Dreams 1.2

Custom dungeons for RTC
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Chaos-Shaman
High Lord

Re: [RTC] Underworld Dreams 1.2

Post by Chaos-Shaman »

It is an awesome game, right to the end. I felt happy but sad I finished it.
keep your gor coin handy
jahmiann
Artisan

Post by jahmiann »

nexxus65 wrote: Mon Apr 09, 2018 6:02 pm bonsoir jahmiann !

En français c'est un poil mieux mais j'essaierai de l'écrire en anglais aussi pour me parfaire :)
Je suis dans la tour Amber au 2eme etage (elektra + Goros). Je ne vois pas ce que je dois faire.
Pour la forêt, je n'ai pas passe la porte du gardien et la porte close, celle ou un lapin
discute avant de disparaître et de laisser une serrure... donc la porte du lapin. J'ai essayé
de chercher une clé partout dans la foret juste a cote mais je ne trouve rien.

In French it's a little better but I'll try to write it in English too to perfect me :)
I am in the tower Amber on the 2nd floor (elektra + Goros). I don't know what I have to do.
For the forest, I didn't pass the gate of the guardian and the closed door, the one where a rabbit
discuss before disappearing and leave a lock ... so the door of the rabbit. I tried to find a key everywhere
in the forest near of this door but I can't find anything.
Bonjour

La porte fermé a clé avec le lapin et l'accés au "fairy village", tu pourras y acceder apres avoir finit la tour amber.
Si tu es au deuxieme etage c'est que tu peux lancer le sort "le mur d'ambre". Pour monter a chaque étage tu es sensé poser des murs d'ambres a l'étage précédent pour pouvoir marcher au dessus des trappes a l’étage suivant et ainsi de suite ....

Si tu y arrive pas avec ces infos je retournerais labas avec ma sauvegarde pour voir de quelle étage il sagit. car je ne souvient plus vraiment ...

Bon courage
nexxus65
Journeyman

Post by nexxus65 »

Bon ben je bute...
Au 2eme etage je n'arrive pas a ouvrir la 1ere grille ni celle qui se trouve dans un passage inferieur.
Je donne ma langue au chat :)
nexxus65
Journeyman

Post by nexxus65 »

nexxus65 wrote: Tue Apr 10, 2018 2:23 pm Bon ben je bute...
Au 2eme etage je n'arrive pas a ouvrir la 1ere grille ni celle qui se trouve dans un passage inferieur.
Je donne ma langue au chat :)
J'ai trouvé !!!
Spoiler
Il faut creer une ambre et se faire tirer dessus dans le recoin...cela ouvre la grille
jahmiann
Artisan

Post by jahmiann »

ok tant mieux la mecanique pour les autres étages est la même ...
nexxus65
Journeyman

Post by nexxus65 »

Arg me revoilà bloque apres avoir passe le "shy staircase". Je me retrouve devant un pilier...??
nexxus65
Journeyman

Post by nexxus65 »

nexxus65 wrote: Tue Apr 10, 2018 9:12 pm Arg me revoilà bloque apres avoir passe le "shy staircase". Je me retrouve devant un pilier...??
C'est passe !! ouf.

Me voila au niveau 7 : fleeding ground... bizarre car meme em faisant un mur d'ambre je passe pas.
Leslie
Adept

Post by Leslie »

At the moment I am in the cloud castle, and tried to do the boss fight yesterday. I got killed several times because of the little monsters showing up and disturbing the "dance" with the boss.
Is there any best practise to do that battle? As the characters have very limited resources in Stamina and Mana, killing the little beasts and taking care of the boss at the same time is not an easy task...
What are the bells that never ring? Enchanting smell, beautiful thing.
What are the lions that never roar? The wind blows their children far over the shore.
What are the gloves not worn by the hand? But worn by the foxes throughout the land.
jahmiann
Artisan

Post by jahmiann »

Leslie wrote: Wed Apr 11, 2018 12:00 pm At the moment I am in the cloud castle, and tried to do the boss fight yesterday. I got killed several times because of the little monsters showing up and disturbing the "dance" with the boss.
Is there any best practise to do that battle? As the characters have very limited resources in Stamina and Mana, killing the little beasts and taking care of the boss at the same time is not an easy task...
Hi Leslie

This boss is really hard.

Here some tips
Spoiler
- For the adds you can asleep them
- To avoid boss fireballs use fear with horn.
- If you have the stormring empty it on him.
- Keep full bomb find in the dungeon for him.

The last technique is to used its own fireball versus him by standing in from of him at the opposite of the teleport orbes (3 squares should be bitween your party and the boss) ...
Good luck.
nexxus65
Journeyman

Post by nexxus65 »

Stuck in the great tree...
Just in the start in CAST YOUR POWER.

Any idea ?
Saumun
High Lord

Post by Saumun »

If I’m thinking of the right place...
Spoiler
Zo
“Grynix Ernum Quey Ki Skebow Rednim U Os Dey Wefna Enocarn Aquantana” - Anon
nexxus65
Journeyman

Post by nexxus65 »

Saumun wrote: Fri Apr 13, 2018 8:59 pm If I’m thinking of the right place...
Spoiler
Zo
tanks a lot... i forget to
Spoiler
move the lion monster before !..pffff
Leslie
Adept

Post by Leslie »

Thanks jahmiann, with your tips I could finish off the boss. I had a conversatio with the castle owner asking me to go back to the main hall.
And... what now?
I walked through the castle, but nothing happened :(
What are the lions that never roar? The wind blows their children far over the shore.
What are the gloves not worn by the hand? But worn by the foxes throughout the land.
jahmiann
Artisan

Post by jahmiann »

Hi leslie

I was confused the first time too.

You need to go in the room with the thron, after cat sleep challenge ...
Saumun
High Lord

Post by Saumun »

Didn’t get to play for a week, but got some time yesterday and a little today. Was making fairly good progress. Got through the boot house, cloud castle, eastern tower in the dream palace, and have just reached the bottom floor of naneel’s house.... but now I’m stuck.
After using the blood key, there is a rope switch. When I pull it, the room fills with the crawling zombie things.
Is there a special trick? I’m getting killed in seconds.
Leslie
Adept

Post by Leslie »

Now finished the cloud castle and got the young characters back - but with a Zuus who has only 21 mana :(
Reloading did not help, so I guess I have to live with that... *sigh*
jahmiann
Artisan

Post by jahmiann »

Leslie wrote: Sat Apr 14, 2018 9:37 pm Now finished the cloud castle and got the young characters back - but with a Zuus who has only 21 mana :(
Reloading did not help, so I guess I have to live with that... *sigh*
Strange i finished two times UD and the could castle on never get this bug. Normally your characters should back to thiere state before be old.

I suggest to keep your savegame before the jump from the cloud, you should send it to adamski, it's clearly a bug ...
jahmiann
Artisan

Post by jahmiann »

Saumun wrote: Sat Apr 14, 2018 6:44 pm Didn’t get to play for a week, but got some time yesterday and a little today. Was making fairly good progress. Got through the boot house, cloud castle, eastern tower in the dream palace, and have just reached the bottom floor of naneel’s house.... but now I’m stuck.
After using the blood key, there is a rope switch. When I pull it, the room fills with the crawling zombie things.
Is there a special trick? I’m getting killed in seconds.
You should fear zombies, which go on bear trap in the other room, if you are using fear you can easy kill them ...
Saumun
High Lord

Post by Saumun »

Dammit... Should’ve thought of that. Time for Goro’s bear roar.

Thanks Jahmiann.
jahmiann
Artisan

Post by jahmiann »

gilliam's "cry of nature" is more efficient ...
Saumun
High Lord

Post by Saumun »

I’m a bit lost as for what to do after finishing Naneel’s house.
It announced part 3 was starting, and mentioned the story of the dragons (but I don’t have anything to get past the thorns). Then the rabbit told me there was something new in the castle, and I came across the Summer Dream book (don’t know if this is what the rabbit meant). This took me to the place with 4 pillars and a scroll that mentions a copper coin. There is also a house that looks like it’s made of candy, but the gate is closed.
I don’t know what I’m doing here, or how to proceed.

Also, while I’m asking questions, I didn’t find a meditation point in cloud castle. I didn’t get anywhere with ‘Omit Two’ (tried omitting two floor plates, but nothing happened), and there’s also a winged key lock that I never found a key for, and a staff in the hall of fire that I didn’t get.
Feels incomplete, so I’d like to go back.
Have I missed a meditation point, or isn’t there one in there?
Saumun
High Lord

Post by Saumun »

Skipped that place with four pillars (for now) and got to the rainbow mines, now I’m stuck there too.

Jeez... thought I was doing okay, but have come to a grinding halt.
Maybe a break is in order.
Leslie
Adept

Post by Leslie »

Saumun wrote: Sun Apr 15, 2018 2:45 pm Also, while I’m asking questions, I didn’t find a meditation point in cloud castle. I didn’t get anywhere with ‘Omit Two’ (tried omitting two floor plates, but nothing happened), and there’s also a winged key lock that I never found a key for, and a staff in the hall of fire that I didn’t get.
Feels incomplete, so I’d like to go back.
Have I missed a meditation point, or isn’t there one in there?
I have exactly the same loose ends in the cloud castle and could use a clue :)
Also I'd like to know, is there a meditation point in the big tree? At least I did not find one...
At the moments I don't have any more books to read to Gillian, my open topics at the moment are the hall of music and the eastern wing. I decided to check the eastern wing and just started experimenting with the light bulbs...
Chaos-Shaman
High Lord

Post by Chaos-Shaman »

Yes, there is a meditation spot in the cloud castle on the lower floor, block the spells. Took a while to remove the pillar. At the four pillars near the candy house. Find the coin and throw it in the .ou..ai.
keep your gor coin handy
Saumun
High Lord

Post by Saumun »

Ah, I saw the scroll mentioning the coin, but didn’t find it. Bet I’ve walked right past it.
Thanks CS.

Leslie, the meditation point in the great tree is
Spoiler
down one of the slides.
I think it was somewhere near the big room with the sleep bolts, but could have misremembered that.

Also, keep going on your current course. You need some things from Naneel’s house to help you with the music rooms. Something in the east tower will help you get to the house.

Can anyone give me a pointer about how to get going in the rainbow mines?
Spoiler
I’ve used a solid key and went through ‘Arachnophobia’, and I’ve been to various other places but don’t know how to proceed.
I’ve tried various things, like...
Spoiler
where it says “Orange to pass” I thought turning the walls orange would work, but clearly not. Similarly I thought maybe turning the walls green would give me something to do with the mechanical goblin thing, but again... nothing.
I’ve been in ‘The Magnet’ but can see nothing to do except pull a lever.
I need another solid key.
Saumun
High Lord

Post by Saumun »

I knew there must be something else to do on that bottom floor. It’s the first place I went to in cloud castle. I got past the fireballs, then couldn’t figure out what to do after opening the door to the second barrel... so I went back, and ended up forgetting about it.
Saumun
High Lord

Post by Saumun »

Can you give me a shove in the right direction, CS?
I went back to cloud castle, and I can see where the meditation point is on the map... but I’m struggling for how to get past that pillar. I even looked to see if you can drop in via a pit, but alas, you can only drop into the room next door.
Leslie
Adept

Post by Leslie »

Chaos-Shaman wrote: Mon Apr 16, 2018 4:58 pm Yes, there is a meditation spot in the cloud castle on the lower floor, block the spells. Took a while to remove the pillar. At the four pillars near the candy house. Find the coin and throw it in the .ou..ai.
Where in the cloud castle is a Candy house? I guess I missed that completely...
Saumun
High Lord

Post by Saumun »

There isn’t. The candy house was in reference to my other question.
Can’t believe I missed those...
Spoiler
mushroom guys (or whatever they are).
I must have walked right past them. Too much rushing around. Need to take my time.
Spoiler
I saw the same guys in the rainbow mines, but didn’t know who they were because I’d missed them in the autumn garden.
Chaos-Shaman
High Lord

Post by Chaos-Shaman »

Sorry Leslie, I sort have ran them together.

Saumun, all I can say is that the meditation point in cloud castle was one of the last things that I accomplished, and you can't enter through the lower level, you either get teleported inside there or fall in there, inside there is a switch to remove the pillar. Somewhere in the castle there is a puzzle or act that must be completed before getting to the meditation point.

The candy house is difficult, and so are the rainbow mines. Talk to the shop keeper outside the mines, you'll get a clue as to what to do in there. I struggled with it a lot, replayed it a bunch of times. The battles will be tough.
keep your gor coin handy