What details of RTC had to approximated?

General messages about RTC and it's development.

Moderator: George Gilbert

Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Lunever
Grand Druid

What details of RTC had to approximated?

Post by Lunever »

Well RTC is really great and it almost feels like playing DM back then.
Yet there is one thing about RTC I´d really like to from you, George: Were you able to read out all details from original DM, like armor protection or level progress, or did you have to guess some details? If so, what details have changed?
<p>Komm zur bunten Seite der Macht! </p>
Parting is all we know from Heaven, and all we need of hell.
amaprotu
Adept

Re: What details of RTC had to approximated?

Post by amaprotu »

You can get a pretty good idea from reading our past threads - 'food goes away too fast!' 'no! its too slow!' 'throwing does to much damage' 'skills goup too slow' skills go up too fast' etc. etc. etc. :)
- Amaprotu
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

yup
Gambit went to alot of trouble to do research damage tables, GEorge rehauled the whole experience system early on (agian from alooot of mesign about with the game to figure it out), everything else hasbasically been changes based on unquantified 'feelings'

I think stamina still needs a little bit of work, but everything else is kinda cool (weapon damage maybe needs honed too...)
Was unable to (permenantly) kill off ian_scho (Haynuus), Ameena, oh_brother (Westian), money (Falkor), raixel (Petal) and Lord_Bones (Aurek) in the DM D&D game Time's Champions!

CONGRATULATIONS TO THOSE WHO MADE THE GAME WHAT IT WAS - GREAT!
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

Note that I only worked out relative monster resistance to spells - still haven't a clue about damage from other forms of attack.

I agree that Stamina is still an issue - it seems to deplete much quicker than in DM. I tried walking a basic party from one end of level two to the other without eating, sleeping or casting any spells. All characters stamina was nearly 3/4 gone by the end. IN PC DM it's only about 1/4 gone.
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Really? Have to check it with the newest version....previously, i've always found stamina to be a non-issue after a certain level is reached...it never lowers fast enough compared to the recovery rate, even with the highest levels of attack
Was unable to (permenantly) kill off ian_scho (Haynuus), Ameena, oh_brother (Westian), money (Falkor), raixel (Petal) and Lord_Bones (Aurek) in the DM D&D game Time's Champions!

CONGRATULATIONS TO THOSE WHO MADE THE GAME WHAT IT WAS - GREAT!
Lunever
Grand Druid

Post by Lunever »

So how are experience and level and the increase of stats interconnected in RTC? And how is armor valued in RTC?
Am I right, if I feel, that progress in fighter levels is significantly slower than in original DM?
<p>Komm zur bunten Seite der Macht! </p>
Parting is all we know from Heaven, and all we need of hell.