[RTC] Underworld Dreams 1.2

Custom dungeons for RTC
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
ElTango75
Artisan

Re: [RTC] Underworld Dreams 1.2

Post by ElTango75 »

This magic map as i remember shows all, and doesn´t need the spells......as i remember, there were to possible maps to buy....but don´t know sure....
ElTango75
Artisan

Post by ElTango75 »

Story telling and some questions:

After i finished the rainbow mines from the third part i read the following books:
Spoiler
"Day of Deluga" - It is the underworld for searching the pearls and get a special spell scroll at the end. Then i read "Summer Dream", "Melancholy", "Gingerbread" and "Spring Book" and at the end i got the medicine for the mushroom family in the spring garden. They give me the Topic Key, which i asked for several post before.....to open the iron door in the rainbow mines - crystal cave......you got special boots
I feel the end :-)

But, i stuck at the Dragon shrine.....it is a small room with a pit and an amber wall inside. On the wall is written "need help to climb down"....
I can go down the stairs, but there is also a pit, but open, and i see an alcove and a amber wall.....but absolutly no idea to challenge that...
Qorak
Neophyte

Post by Qorak »

Hello,

Does anyone know where I can download this to play? The download links on the main page do not work any longer. Thanks!

~Q~
Chaos-Shaman
High Lord

Post by Chaos-Shaman »

That confused me too, try
Spoiler
casting twister followed by amber wall or a dagger, can't remember...while in front of the pit down the stairs, there is a trigger behind the wall with the eye that is activated by what looks to be amber wall monster
it's a toggle so doing it twice will put it back to the way it was.
Spoiler
it's the lightning staff, you don't need it
keep your gor coin handy
Chaos-Shaman
High Lord

Post by Chaos-Shaman »

Qorak wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 4:28 pm Hello,

Does anyone know where I can download this to play? The download links on the main page do not work any longer. Thanks!

~Q~
Adamski is working on version 2.0, but if you want the 1.2 version I can email it to you.
keep your gor coin handy
Qorak
Neophyte

Post by Qorak »

Chaos-Shaman wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 8:08 pm
Qorak wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 4:28 pm Hello,

~Q~
Adamski is working on version 2.0, but if you want the 1.2 version I can email it to you.
That would be great! Thanks Chaos-Shaman!
Chaos-Shaman
High Lord

Post by Chaos-Shaman »

Qurak, I got a message but it was from this site using the email, could not send you the file. Perhaps send me a message not through this site.
keep your gor coin handy
ElTango75
Artisan

Post by ElTango75 »

After a short game pause because of demotivation i am back.....but i am so frustated, that my problem is not solved till now....

I tried to use the twister spell.....but dagger....no...magic....no....amber wall spell.....not allowed.....astral spell......not allowed.....
Nothing....really really nothing.......and after several ideas .......finished playing again.....so near to the end......so near......

Adamski or anyone else....what i have to do ? ....no idea for "need help to climb down"......
Adamski
On Master

Post by Adamski »

Hi ElTango.
There are 2 solutions:
Spoiler
OR
Spoiler
However that part is not the right way to finish the game, it's just optional.
ElTango75
Artisan

Post by ElTango75 »

Hi

Thanks for your help.....puh...then i don´t know how to go ahead, because i finished so many parts and my last book was the "spring book" with the flower and the potion for the mushrooms....

Entering the "dragon shrine", but every door is closed, i have no key and can´t go ahead......Have i forgot something to do ?

I remember that there were discussions about the sea shell ? Is there something to do with ?
The "Mr. Quilps security chamber" is also closed.....

all the other areas are finished....in my eyes

but there was also a closed way in the dragon cellar in the dream palace...a big stone stop

and some people discussed about the upper library in the dream palace.....i can´t remember if i was there...i never found.....but not sure.....

So how to go ahead ? Does anybody know ?
Adamski
On Master

Post by Adamski »

ElTango, the purpose of
Spoiler
the astral spell is to go across obstacles that a material body can't pass (pits, grates, flames etc)
The "Mr. Quilps security chamber" is also closed.....
You must "defeat" him when he will
Spoiler
try to kill you for the last time in the Dragon Shrine
and some people discussed about the upper library in the dream palace
Have you found
Spoiler
the RA Key? Explore the lower library... noiselessly
ElTango75
Artisan

Post by ElTango75 »

Many many thanks Adamski for your help

For me, it is sometimes difficult to follow the quests, the English and the story behind....because the structur and the idea is so great, but while playing sometimes one or two days in the evening, i forgot somethings.....nect time i will write a hint book, as a did for ToC.....this book is more than 30 pages big.....but helps me a lot, to write down the not visited places or open questions.....

So also the story reading the book in the upper library .....is difficult for me.....
Spoiler
I hope when i have finished UD, i get a reward....in words or in a txt-file to finf the last quests..... :-)

So next challenge the "dragon shrine" with the lightning key....
ElTango75
Artisan

Post by ElTango75 »

Dragon Shrine:

It´s confusing and i don´t come into the "Dragon Shrine".....its the most confusing part of the game for me.

Questions:
- Move your body ? How to handle that ?
- The door in the cellar, 6 statues with the button, one door, and one plate in the middle.....pushing the buttons.....a lightning arrow will be fired....how to handle that room ?
- Your weight ? I see the third "Master-Key".....

Oh my god.....it feels like a neverending story.....but with your help i handle it :shock: :roll:
Adamski
On Master

Post by Adamski »

Move your body
and
Your weight
Spoiler
Put your material body on the right spot before traveling in the astral plane.
Many puzzles are based on that trick.
The door in the cellar, 6 statues with the button...
Did you visit the upper library? When you meet Willow (the rabbit) he suggests:
Spoiler
"Follow the lightning in the Dragon Shrine"
ElTango75
Artisan

Post by ElTango75 »

Hi Adamski

Thank you very much, but....i have to play the "Dragon Shrine" a second time....why ?

During game play i thought i put down some items at my collecting place for all other items.....but.....i need the "lightning key" and found out:
Spoiler
After using the astral spell i lose items, but don´t know which one....could it be that this is a bug ? The items are away.
Do you have an idea how to handle that ?
Adamski
On Master

Post by Adamski »

ElTango, unfortunately it's a bug. I tried to fix it without success :(
That's the problem: when you come back to the material plane from the astral world, if your inventory is full all the items in your pocket are lost forever (see image)
The only solution is not to use your pocket in the Dragon Shrine.
Thanks to Chaos-Shaman to discovering this unsolvable bug.
Leslie
Adept

Post by Leslie »

Unfortunately, after finishing the cloud castle, I have the bug with the decreased mana again.
This time playing with only Elektra and Faan, both have only about half of the mana they had before after using the fountain to get young again.
Could the equipped items be the problem, as some of them increase mana? Would I need to unequip them before "using" the mirror in the cloud castle?
I guess there's no way to fix that without having to play the cloud castle again?
What are the bells that never ring? Enchanting smell, beautiful thing.
What are the lions that never roar? The wind blows their children far over the shore.
What are the gloves not worn by the hand? But worn by the foxes throughout the land.
Adamski
On Master

Post by Adamski »

Leslie, I don't have an explanation. The mechanics are "REMOVE_CHARACTER_AND_ITEMS_FROM_PARTY" and "ADD_CHARACTER_TO_PARTY".
Look at this example:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/nddycr83 ... y.rar/file
In the example everything works perfectly. No mana loss. I used exactly the same mechanics in U-D.
However there is a problem with the items. Fill all the slots in your inventory, put something in the pocket too. Check the mirror after removing your character from the party: your pockets are empty! RTC it's clearly bugged :(
ElTango75
Artisan

Post by ElTango75 »

Interesting, i had this problem with the mana in the cloud castle not, but what i have is also a problem with rtc when i go into the astral plane in the dragon shrine, not everytime but often:

The error message said:
Error:
an access violation exception.

Stack Dump:
utilMemory.utilMemoryMallocFromOS(int 64);
utilMemory.utilMalloc(pointer 0x0019D5F0, int 64, char 18, pointer 0x004DD0DC, pointer 0x004E1164, int 1901);
RTC.AddToTriggerQueue(int 0, int 254, pointer 0x0019D65C, int 1, bool FALSE, int 1);
RTC.TriggerTarget(int 254, pointer 0x0019D65C, int 1, bool FALSE, int 1);
RTC.ActivateTrigger2(int 252, pointer 0x0019D714, bool TRUE);
RTC.ActivateTrigger(int 252, pointer 0x0019D714, bool TRUE);
RTC.TriggerRelay(int 252, pointer 0x0019D714, int 1, bool FALSE);
RTC.TriggerTarget(int 252, pointer 0x0019D714, int 1, bool FALSE, int 0);
RTC.ActivateTrigger2(int 253, pointer 0x19CDD820, bool TRUE);
RTC.ActivateTrigger(int 253, pointer 0x19CDD820, bool TRUE);
RTC.TriggerRelay(int 253, pointer 0x19CDD820, int 1, bool TRUE);
RTC.EmptyTriggerQueue();
RTC.UpdateDungeon();
RTC.ProgStateInDungeon();
RTC.DoFrame(int 50);
RTC.WinMain();

So RTC dumps when i go into the astral plane.....
Chaos-Shaman
High Lord

Post by Chaos-Shaman »

Odd Eltango, I didn't get those errors, just the pocket one.
keep your gor coin handy
Saumun
High Lord

Post by Saumun »

I'm convinced RTC gets more buggy the further in you are in a very large dungeon.
I had a lot of these when testing Underverse (Empty Trigger Queue), and all towards the end of the dungeon... never near the start. I also remember getting one near the end of Tower of Champions that didn't recur after reloading.
They seem fairly sporadic, but can sometimes happen a few times in a row.
“Grynix Ernum Quey Ki Skebow Rednim U Os Dey Wefna Enocarn Aquantana” - Anon
Chaos-Shaman
High Lord

Post by Chaos-Shaman »

Saumun wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 5:06 pm I'm convinced RTC gets more buggy the further in you are in a very large dungeon.
I had a lot of these when testing Underverse (Empty Trigger Queue), and all towards the end of the dungeon... never near the start. I also remember getting one near the end of Tower of Champions that didn't recur after reloading.
They seem fairly sporadic, but can sometimes happen a few times in a row.
It could be that some things continue to accumulate until it overflows. The twister spell for example, I couldn't replicate it. I placed a counter on everything associated to it to see where it breaks but could not get it to occur again. I edited the dungeon to test it right away. Adamski cleverly used objects in the dungeon also as a functional relay which makes checking it a little more difficult. So he'd name a wall object like say for example, wall sconce and use it as a relay at the same time. That same wall object will check a counter to function differently, so there are a 100 wall sconces that might trigger a relay through value, hard to examine that. Here is what I do know, most of the problems that occur happen when there is a delay, our fingers can hit a key faster than 1'6th of a second and once in a while it breaks often ending in a division by zero error. I am not a programmer but this is something that has happened enough to me. Being careful with actions and relays that have a delay is paramount with RTC. I do not know if you have looked at UD programming but it is quite remarkable.
keep your gor coin handy
ElTango75
Artisan

Post by ElTango75 »

Sometimes life is hard with RTC.....

So at this time i need help:
I have finished the most part of "dragon shrine" but never found a second dragon statue.

I have the sorcerer hat, a was in the meditation hall, i got the first statue behind the pillar room and transported it to her place, i have the lightning spell.....

What a never found out....the game finish when i enter the Astral Portal (it seems this portal brings me back to real life :-) )
And i was in the meditation point in the dragon shrine....finished...two left....
And i never fount out how to open the two metal doors where i met the rabbit in the dragon shrine.....

Could someone help ?
Chaos-Shaman
High Lord

Post by Chaos-Shaman »

What color of dragon did you find, is it the red one? The blue one stumped me, it does make perfect sense though when you think about it. It is not too hard to find.

you can't open the two metal doors unless you finish another part of the dungeon quest with some rescue I think. I also didn't get a chance because I lost a a key. Missed the upper library
keep your gor coin handy
ElTango75
Artisan

Post by ElTango75 »

OK, used a third time the magic map.....and found a hidden room......and found out how to get the blue dragon....
ElTango75
Artisan

Post by ElTango75 »

Now, i am back in the "life plane".....finished "Underworld Dreams" in:

1 day, 23 hours and 4 minutes, but what i never thought is:
I have only made 33 of 66 secrets.....

I can remember some parts of the game, little parts.....and i thought...i have finished nearly 100%, because i read all the books to come to the end... but now i have a lauching eye and a crying eye.....

lauching eye:
I am back in the real life....and the nights are nights and days are days :-)

crying eye:
What about the other 33 secrets ? How could i find out the rest.....i have no idea.....

I made screenshots from the secrets i never found out......or never know that there are so many secrets.....but i want to discover them..but how ?

@Adamski, the best level builder
Is it possible to get the secrets from you ?
Adamski
On Master

Post by Adamski »

Thanks ElTango :D
Better to say "the best UD level builder" :lol:
I don't know which secrets you missed, but I'm sure you missed
Spoiler
the one in the hall of music. Read the message about the seasons.
Leslie
Adept

Post by Leslie »

Adamski wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 2:43 pm ...! RTC it's clearly bugged :(
I have a saved game at the beginning of the cloud castle.
When I have some time, I will try the following...
...drop all items in front of the mirror
...look into the mirror and get rather old
...pick up and equip the items
...practise my maniacal laughter for having cheated in such a mean way.
...do the cloud castle
...check if the mana is the same after drinking from the fountain
What are the bells that never ring? Enchanting smell, beautiful thing.
What are the lions that never roar? The wind blows their children far over the shore.
What are the gloves not worn by the hand? But worn by the foxes throughout the land.
Ian Clark
Um Master

Post by Ian Clark »

Where can I download this from? The original links no longer work
Saumun
High Lord

Post by Saumun »

Sent you a pm.
“Grynix Ernum Quey Ki Skebow Rednim U Os Dey Wefna Enocarn Aquantana” - Anon