Distribution of RTC binaries

General messages about RTC and it's development.

Moderator: George Gilbert

Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
George Gilbert
Dungeon Master

Distribution of RTC binaries

Post by George Gilbert »

To save bandwidth from the Web site (and the small fortune ll the downloads are costing me!) I would like to be able to email all future releases of RTC directly to you.

I would be grateful if any users of RTC could please email me (at george@ragingmole.com) and I will add you to the future distribution list. Needless to say I won't disclose or in any way pass on any email addresses you give to me.

Many thanks,

George
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Re: Distribution of RTC binaries

Post by Gambit37 »

Yowsers (Enid Blyton Expletive TM), I thought raging mole was on a 'free' server? Or at the very least, I thought it was on your old university web space and that you'd somehow managed to keep it active?
George Gilbert
Dungeon Master

Post by George Gilbert »

Yes - it was on my old university account, but over a year after leaving they've finally noticed that I've gone and want to shut it down :-(

It'll go down over the next few days but you shouldn't notice any difference (as everything but the download has been hosted elsewhere for the last month). Incidently, if anyone has a website still linking to mrao.cam.ac.uk (probably old DMute links) rather than ragingmole.com then they should change it!
amaprotu
Adept

Post by amaprotu »

George if you want I can give you 5 megs of space at www.amaprotu.net/~RTC . Should be enough to host RTC, and no bandwith limits. Let me know if you want it at amaprotu(at)amaprotu.net
- Amaprotu
cowsmanaut
Moo Master

Post by cowsmanaut »

as you all know Chaos has been devoted to the new RTC graphics set (when I get enough time to finish them that is) and now the site also hosts the latest RTC.

If you go to the realm and then to the mount anias you will find that you are now confronted with the new page. Download will give you the latest RTC and introduction will bring you to the how to play (still needs to be re written) lastly you will see annother forum link.. that is this forum not the chaos forum which can be found from the main page.

George now has access to change it when he needs so it should always be the most current release.

moo
cowsmanaut
Moo Master

Post by cowsmanaut »

oh and I should mention that you should also be able to get it from the link in the forums or from the link at raging mole as well once George changes them to the location the file is now stored at. :)