Introduction

A forum to introduce yourself and chat to others. Also includes community announcements.
Newcomer? Please read the forum description.
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
bluestorm73
Neophyte

Introduction

Post by bluestorm73 »

Evening all,

After sitting here getting used to my newly purchased 2010 Mac after my windows laptop gave up on me, I decided to look at games in the apps menu. This then lead to looking at RPG games, which in turn lead to me remembering the endless hours spent playing DM and I started to search for the game info which has opened up a whole world of old gamers that I had no idea existed and really chuffed I found and that is how I ended up here, the home of budding Dungeoneers!!!!

My name is Mart, I live in the UK, 42 years old so it was a good 20-25 years ago I first discovered this game on my old Atari ST. Now looking to relive my youth & once again be a recluse sitting in a dark room for hours on end staring at my computer screen wondering whats round the next corner!

Glad to be here & look forward to catching up with you all soon
Ameena
Wordweaver, Murafu Maker

Re: Introduction

Post by Ameena »

Cool, hi and welcome from a fellow former Atari player (now technically still using Atari from tiem to time but via an emulator ;)). This is our cosy little niche of the Internet, not very busy these days but some of us have been here a fair while (15 years for me last March, a few others have been here longer). We also have a Discord server at https://discord.gg/2T8CSCR if you'd like to join and chat with some of us - it's generally very quiet there but every now and then a conversation sparks up. Feel free to reminisce about DM or any other old-school (or not so old-school) RPGs and other games. Some of us do tabletop stuff too (RPGs and/or board games), so that's another possibility for conversation :).