First RTC dungeon over at the Encyclopaedia

General messages about RTC and it's development.

Moderator: George Gilbert

Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
beowuuf
Archmastiff

First RTC dungeon over at the Encyclopaedia

Post by beowuuf »

Sophia has released the first RTC dungeon (not counting George's of course). It's available on this thread:

http://dmweb.free.fr/Forum/read.php?f=7&i=197&t=197
Was unable to (permenantly) kill off ian_scho (Haynuus), Ameena, oh_brother (Westian), money (Falkor), raixel (Petal) and Lord_Bones (Aurek) in the DM D&D game Time's Champions!

CONGRATULATIONS TO THOSE WHO MADE THE GAME WHAT IT WAS - GREAT!
Lubor Kolar
Artisan

Re: First RTC dungeon over at the Encyclopaedia

Post by Lubor Kolar »

This dungeon is very interesting. I've got the problem that it became unplayable. Maybe this post will better fit to the BUGS forum, but I will post it here because it is related to this dungeon.
The RTC is tooooo slow. When I start RTC, it will start very quickly. I select "Reactor" module, then Resume. After one second I get message "Game is loaded, ready to play". After clicking OK there is a black screen and I must wait about one minute until the game screen appears (Athlon 750MHz). Then I can play, but the game is jerky. When I try to go down using a stairs, the game locks up (actually it does not locks up, it locks up the whole system - Windows XP). When I press Forward arrow staying in front of stairs, Forward button is inverted and game does nothing. About several minutes (yes, minutes, not second) party moves one level down, but the game is still frozen and instead of 60FPS does 60SPF (60 seconds per frame :-) so I could nto play it. For example when I press ESC key, it takes minutes to display GAME PAUSED message. When I try to kill RTC process using taskmanager, I must wait many minutes (beacuse RTC is consuming 100% CPU time) to Task Manager is started so it is much faster to press RESET button and wait until system starts and finishes disk-checks.

When I will be at home, I could post that savegame to George. I think it the "slowing" problem is related to the party depth, this happens only on lower levels (especially that one with fireball shoters throwing their fireballs into Black Flame). I thought that game created many objects/spells/monster so it takes time to iterate through all, but since savegame is small, I don't think it could cause the problem. But George said that only 2 levels up and 2 levels down are calculated at time so maybe it is related to that specific level which could contain something weird.
Lunever
Grand Druid

Post by Lunever »

I had the same bug in RTC-CSB V0.19 when starting the fireball launcher at the Neta entrance to the FulYa level, but in V0.21 it was ok, so I suppose George will know what is to be done.
<p>Komm zur bunten Seite der Macht! </p>
Parting is all we know from Heaven, and all we need of hell.
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

At least one person has completed this dungeon and i have played the first part of it ok...but it does sound liek the multiple object bug (i too got that in the CSB dungeon many versions ago...the game looked like it had frozen on loading, but it just took that long to queue my next action as about 5000 fireballs per tile in the vorpal blade room tried to move)
Was unable to (permenantly) kill off ian_scho (Haynuus), Ameena, oh_brother (Westian), money (Falkor), raixel (Petal) and Lord_Bones (Aurek) in the DM D&D game Time's Champions!

copperman
Um Master

Post by copperman »

Well, I got the Reactor, and it plays fine but how do I get across the pit near the mummy generator, Im stuck, what did i miss <p>Unkle Ka5</p>
Don't be scene or herd!
chiefy
Big chief

generators

Post by chiefy »

I'm real hazy on the whole generator thing anyway

so far I have used 90% of everything from CSB and DM (on guessing) but have not used generators after setting up a mummy generator that just refused to do ANYTHING

nothing happened ! EVER !

I mean the way ppl talk you can SEE these "generators" .... can you ? I'm confused
from your old mate
c h i e f y
global chiefy to yer old seadog maties
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Re: generators

Post by beowuuf »

Generators are a usually invisible type of floor object. You need to target them. When triggered, they then generate monsters. There is a 'delay' element to them, so that you can limit the recharge time between monster generations

There won't be exaples in any of the sample dungeons, dm starts using them around level 3/4, chaos strikes back uses them everywhere

But that's the secret -you need to have a triggering event. Floor pad, wall switch, relay constantly triggering one...anything that puts an 'open' effect to that square : )

Hope that helps

chiefy
Big chief

hehe now I get it

Post by chiefy »

beowuff
yeah I had not put in any triggers
same problem I had on the shooters too
thanks for that, all sorted now :-)
from your old mate
c h i e f y
global chiefy to yer old seadog maties