Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

General messages about RTC and it's development.

Moderator: George Gilbert

Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

Post by beowuuf »

Have a good start to your 2003 everyone

- Michael
Was unable to (permenantly) kill off ian_scho (Haynuus), Ameena, oh_brother (Westian), money (Falkor), raixel (Petal) and Lord_Bones (Aurek) in the DM D&D game Time's Champions!

CONGRATULATIONS TO THOSE WHO MADE THE GAME WHAT IT WAS - GREAT!
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Re: Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

Post by Gambit37 »

I second that! After a really shitty year for me personally, anything 2003 brings can only be a good thing. And considering I have just met a girl who could well be my future wife, things are looking up already! :D

Festive greetings to all, whatever your creed. And a special thank you to George for his sterling efforts on providing us with a special DM christmas present in 0.22--thanks matey!
Zyx
DSA Master

Merry christmas

Post by Zyx »

Hello from Germany (Karlsruhe und Heidelberg)!
cowsmanaut
Moo Master

merry ho ho

Post by cowsmanaut »

well, merry xmas and a happy moo year!!

Just out of curiosity, Suppose I was to make Sculptures (about a 8 inches to a foot or so tall) of chaos say sitting on a throne of skulls or something would anyone be interested in buying them? Mainly just the cost of the supplies used in making them and for shipping. I don't know that I would be allowed to make profit of lord Chaos legally. However I am allowed to charge for the cost.

Just checking to see if it would be worth the effort it would take to make it.

moo
cowsmanaut
Moo Master

oh.

Post by cowsmanaut »

and just so you know, I need to make a sculpture anyway It's the mold that would be the extra work.

also one more thing.. who would want to paint their own and who would want it painted for them..
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Sculpting Chaos

Post by Gambit37 »

Hiya Adam, long time no hear. I'd be interested in your Chaos sculpture, definitely! I think you're right, it would be difficult to make money from it because of the legal implications (you'd need a licence from FTL). I don't know how you can prove the costs compared to profit. But assuming you can get round that, I think it would be cool to own an unique DM artifact! :)

Merry Christmas!
Lunever
Grand Druid

Re: Sculpting Chaos

Post by Lunever »

Merry Solstice all of you!

Hmm, if they ain't too expensive I would like to have such a sculpture, or better sculptures of Chaos AND Librasulus, one at each side of my room :-)
<p>Komm zur bunten Seite der Macht! </p>
Parting is all we know from Heaven, and all we need of hell.
cowsmanaut
Moo Master

hmmm..

Post by cowsmanaut »

well, it would require that I be rather broad with my interpetation of him. There are many characters that are similar to him already. It's mostly if I put plaque on the base saying dungeon master.. which in and of it's self can't really be copy right either since it's a term commonly used even before the release of the game.

I dunno.. the legal issues are simply rather vague.

It's mostly out of respect and out of the simple fact that people here can't always afford to spend lots on such items. Just as I can not afford to give them for free.

it was just a thought though.. :)
copperman
Um Master

Re: Sculptures

Post by copperman »

I would love to have a piece of original sculpture on my desk dude and I think Chaos would look funky, let us know your costs plus shipping and I'm sure others will have them too <p>Unkle Ka5</p>
Don't be scene or herd!
Lunever
Grand Druid

Re: Sculptures

Post by Lunever »

Of course you won't offer them for free. Just say about what range of cost we are talking aproximately, and I'll be happy to say "yes, I do want a sculpture".
<p>Komm zur bunten Seite der Macht! </p>
Parting is all we know from Heaven, and all we need of hell.
cowsmanaut
Moo Master

sculpture..

Post by cowsmanaut »

grrr.. I just was writting this when a new kind of pop up appeared. When I tried to close it (clicking in the top right "X" as I normally do). It did not close that window but instead the window behind it. I though this was a mistake so I tried again and it close the window I was typing in as well!!?? Since when could they do this???

anyway...

To make the model and mold it will cost around 25-35 USD in intial costs. Then to make the actual models it will cost me at least 15+ USD for the casting material per copy. Then there is paint if you want it painted. Not sure how to break that one down..

Ofcourse if I find that I've been able to make more with less materials I will refine my costs to reflect that.

However it's looking like it would be 15-20 USD per. Depending on how many people want one. unpainted, would be less than the painted ones obviously. Of course I could just get a can of spray paint and paint them a grey stone colour, or a metalic colour (bronze, silver, or gold) and those cans are a few bucks each. Could possibly do 3-4 with one can..

Then again I could do as I suggested and make a more generic representation of him and as such be able to charge a generic cost and not have to chaneg and calculate it for each one I make. Thus saving you and I some of the head ache.

boggles the mind.. I've taken forever to post this and I'm still lost in thought about how to do this properly.

most of the one's I've been looking at range from 50USD to 400USD for a model which is painted and about the size I plan on making it. (6" or so tall)so would 20usd be fair? then there is the cost of shipping.. can't determine that untill it's sent. Which could be done as a pay on delivery I guess.
This would mean though that it would be not exactly like chaos.. just very similar.

or I could just paint a large painting in photoshop and make it available for download and you could take it to the printers and have a poster instead.. :)