Characters You Have Never Used

Discuss Chaos Strikes Back, the "expansion pack" for Dungeon Master.
This forum may contain spoilers.
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Ian Clark
Um Master

Characters You Have Never Used

Post by Ian Clark »

This is pretty much the same as I posted in the DM forum. Are there any characters you have never used?

For me, it's: Talon, Leta, Necro, Lana, Tula, Sting, Slogar, Gnatu, Mantia, Ven and Dema.

I think that character selection was always a bit more straightforward in CSB because they don't have objects at the start so it was one less thing to consider.
Ameena
Wordweaver, Murafu Maker

Re: Characters You Have Never Used

Post by Ameena »

I think I only started a game with the CSB characters once or twice - I vaguely remember possibly picking Buzzzz? I can't remember now - mostly I just take through my team from DM that I'm already used to playing and don't want to abandon ;).
Adept

Post by ParuNexus »

most of the creature ones like the spiders and some of the hawks...
Want to talk about Dungeon master, or shoot the breeze, come check out Dungeon Master Discord(not affiliated with
other DM series sites) @ https://discord.gg/5YzEcPT
Ian Clark
Um Master

Post by Ian Clark »

I've always thought that the CSB characters don't appear as interesting as the DM ones because they have no items to start with. In DM, you were often faced with a choice: Zed's torch, Leyla's rope, Wuuf's flask, Sonja's sword and so forth. I think that's what caused me to try out most of the characters back in the day.
m1ckey
Journeyman

Post by m1ckey »

Only ever used Plague to complete the dungeon. MAYBE Deth here and there for a test run. Halk Gonzo Barbarian too.
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

I've not used most of the CSB characters. I tended to play it with my imported DM characters. Something about all those bugs and birds just didn't appeal. Though I did have parties using either of the two hidden champions, Lor and Kazai.