[RTC] Dark Reign 2

Custom dungeons for RTC
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
luke41
Craftsman

Re: [RTC] Dark Reign 2

Post by luke41 »

I am now on the level with the M O T - riddle. For me it is level 13
For "M" I had an item which was accepted (found somethere on 1-2 levels down).
Now I have no idea where to search for items connected to O and T.
Well, I know there are two areas below I cound not enter:
1. ) A small room with a vexirx on level 12, near the end in southwest part near the golden door. No idea how to get there, I can just see him thru the wall
2.) On level 11, after passing the big rooms with fireballs and lightnings, there is a big room with like 4 back worms each behind a wall.

Should I go back there and seek for the other items?
Saumun
High Lord

Post by Saumun »

Yes, you'll have to go back.
The M.O.T part is used to.....
Spoiler
construct breathing apparatus. When you reach a floor where the stairs going up are covered in rubble, there is an alternative route to the northwest. You have to cross a level from Dark Reign 1 in which the air is now poisoned due to the collapse. You need the breather to pass it.
I'm a little hazy on the whereabouts because it's been a long time and I no longer have the map.
I'll try to describe the locations, but cannot remember which levels the items are on...
Spoiler
The tubing (T) is very close to the end of a level. There is a single wall in a larger room with a tiny switch. It's easy to miss, as it doesn't appear when you first enter. Pressing it makes another switch appear on the other side, and so on.
After four switches, the tubing will appear in an alcove on the west side of the room.
Spoiler
On the level with two large rooms containing pads/fireballs/lightning. After stepping on all the pads, open the zoom corridor and exit south. One of the five identical rooms here has a switch to get further south, but they all have silent teleports. Best method is to put objects on the floor to find your way. South of here are the black worms. Complete the rest of the level and find the oxygen (O). There is a quick exit back to the start of the level to save backtracking.
Spoiler
I'm a little confused about the other part you mentioned, as I thought the masks (M) were in the room with the vexirk that you say you can't enter. If I remember right, in the southwest after you've opened the door by killing all the monsters, you're met with a roughly square corridor and blue hazes. You have to work out how to get past the hazes (I think you have to exit at some point into the previous corridor, but can't remember for sure. I think it's where you find the Nemesis Axe). Once you've unlocked the centre part of the square section you should be able to open the door. Again there is a quick exit to the start of the level.
“Grynix Ernum Quey Ki Skebow Rednim U Os Dey Wefna Enocarn Aquantana” - Anon
luke41
Craftsman

Post by luke41 »

Thanks for the help. I will answer the last topic.
Yes, that is the area you talk about, square corridors, hazes etc. I managed to finish it, killed the vexirk etc. After returning there now I see, that my "vexirk behind wall" is... gone (still just looking thru walls). I suppose the vexirk was teleported from there to the northern room once I solved the square-corridor-haze-riddle.

OK, even before your answers I managed to meet the black worms and the area east in that level. But both in case of T and O I will have to search the levels closer - I seem to have been there, but without getting the special objects...

And, yes, I already experienced that breathing in that one room is not really healthy... :-)

Finally - asking for some advice in a thread after several YEARS has its charm - even the best Dungeon Masters have a little challenge remembering their dungeons!
Saumun
High Lord

Post by Saumun »

Ah yes, that'll be it. Probably teleported in.
In my earliest dungeons, I didn't always give thought to what can be seen through walls.

If it's any help, and if I'm remembering right...
Spoiler
... the tubing is the earliest object, so should be at the end of the level below the ones with M and O.
Spoiler
The oxygen is in the northeast corner of the level with the black worms.
terkio
Mon Master

Post by terkio »

Spoiler
On the way to the Oxygen is where I got stuck for a very long time. It is at a level with large square rooms with many fire ball shooters, then there is a zoom loop, then 5 rooms that look the same with teleporters, then a large long room with worms. Then you get in a twisty narrow corridor to a place with 3 "alcove rooms", a dead end when stuck in there. Once this dead end opens you are on your way to the Oxygen.
"You can be on the right track and still get hit by a train!" Alfred E. Neuman
luke41
Craftsman

Post by luke41 »

Finally, after 2 days, 7 hours and 48 minutes I finished it!

However, the hardest puzzle was quite at the beginning - "Dont allow yourself to be deceived"...!

and some levels down still there were 2 or 3 hazes active and blocked, but never mind. Great dungeon!
Saumun
High Lord

Post by Saumun »

Yeah, probably could've done with a decent clue for that part.

Well played, Luke.
terkio
Mon Master

Post by terkio »

luke41 wrote: Fri May 24, 2019 9:06 pm However, the hardest puzzle was quite at the beginning - "Dont allow yourself to be deceived"...!
What was it ?
luke41
Craftsman

Post by luke41 »

hi Terkio,

it is that problem posted here by Boyflea some time ago...
boyflea wrote: Fri Jan 23, 2015 10:47 pm And now I'm stuck...
Spoiler
Ok, beyond 2 gold key doors, find area where kill 2 vexirks and then onto 4 colour gem path, before which you enter 4 teleports to go into 4 fiendish puzzles.

3 fo 4 completed. The 4th is the 'dont allow yourself to be deceived' puzzle.
seriously, tapped all walls, walked into all walls. zapped portcullises with zo / fire /lightning/ physical attacks. thrown all my small items through gates. removed light. cast zo on keyhole and on original text, stripped naked thrown all objects at portcullises. summoned zo kath ra item to throw at gates. need a kitchen sink spell to throw that too! looked through all walls and can see lever beyond E gate (facing north) ...

Q: how do I get through portcullis gates to lever?
and another thing...
Spoiler
no food left - absolutely sparse. this looks like the real challenge of the dungeon - will have to go back and see if any early rooms spawn food, if I can find a way out again.... any hints? my stamina potions are now feeding the team!
terkio
Mon Master

Post by terkio »

Luke,
Play all Saumun's dungeon with no spoiler. I enjoy this way very much, it is more fun.
The praise I will repeat ad nausea, is: Saumun's puzzles, dungeon layout and all is perfectly logical, the fun is to crack his devious logic learning from his tricks. A new trick, not encountered in previous dungeons can take time, the fun lasts longer.
OTOH, I hate dungeons one can only do with spoilers. Choked with non sense puzzles. I am amazed to see authors and players like that.