Completed CSB

General messages about RTC and it's development.

Moderator: George Gilbert

Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Big-J-Q
Adept

Completed CSB

Post by Big-J-Q »

:lol: :D :D :D 8) :)

I just completed CSB, GAAAAH! For the first time in my entire life, sniff :)

George, are you serious about sending the csb.rtc file?

I have to summarize my adventure, I'd say I got away with too easily. I had too much luck :wink: But here's the full story.

...and the spirit of the Ga'Mer wandered through the halls seeking four champions to save the world from Chaos... At that time, I didn't have the patience to play with reincarnated characters, so I resurrected the Insects: Sting, Slogar, Mantia and Gnatu. And so the adventure began, my valiant heroes trapped with the worms. As probably everyone does, I too collected just about everything at the beginning and in the Supplies...-area.

Having picked up the two Iron Keys, I entered the Junction. As I was already familiar with KU, I ventured it first. No problem here, had to destroy the ant men first. Only few difficult fights during the KU; The Dragons in the cellar and the Dragon Den; However, the Vexirks proved to be powerful opponents. With patience, I finally defeated them. Knights were also far too easy, and after having killed, I grabbed the axe (forgot its name), which I would use all the way until the Ful Ya -pit.

KU DDD also proved no challenge for me. And very soon I had obtained the KU Corbum.

Next I chose the ROS path. Too easy. Can't remember exactly where I ended up in the first place, but it wasn't the throwing test, and not the place where you get the Dex Helm. I never saw those places in the whole game. It didn't take me much time to get to the Scorpions' den. I let the fireballs do the slaughtering for me :wink: I fetched the green gem, after which I had to survive the MOST IRRITATING place in the whole CSB...the fake wall-maze populated by dragons. After a few tries, I managed to get the emerald key, and once I had gotten past the dragon-hall, it wasn't too hard taking them one by one with magicks and exploding potions. Result: 2 gold keys.

In no time, I found myself in the DDD once again. The lightning corridor with hell hounds required few times of trying, but no big deal. The demons downstairs required little slash-flee upstairs -tactics, in other words: patience. Very soon I found myself in another irritating (not as much as the fake wall-maze) place, Zoooom 2. For a puzzle it wasn't incredibly hard, but the demon was something of an annoyance. Soon after that was another irritating place, the pit maze. I completed sooner than I had expected. My efforts were rewarded...with the ROS Corbum!

Alright, about half of the game completed.

Next I chose the NETA path. I never had to cope with the Vexirks, I never saw the "pray for a miracle"-puzzle. I started in the Screamer-place. Killed them all including the guarding Oitus. Near that place was supposed to be a giggler maze. I never encountered a giggler in it. Soon after the Munchers was the "trap the mummies"-puzzle. Piece of cake, especially if you can work out the squares where the scared monsters will flee exactly where you want them to flee. Grabbed the Turqouise key, and ventured forth. No problem.

Time to do the NETA DDD. No problems, although I wondered why the lightning bolts didn't annihilate the trapped skeleton. The corridor of fire didn't cause much trouble, although the defended safe spot was a bit of a challenge. I was stupid enough NOT to use a fireball at the mummy in the first place :( Soon I arrived the NETA corbum.

Finally I entered the DAIN path. I ended up near the hall where you get the other Vorpal Blade and the Onyx Key. The few rives were easily defeated, and I sacrificed a couple of slime devils to absorb the fireballs :wink: After that I found myself in the Couatl Chambers. For me it was quite a challenge, especially because I had no idea what the "Westward"-button would do and where. For a long time I battled Couatls and wondered how in hell I would be able the grab the key at the altar. Finally I found out that one of the pits were missing, and the rest was quite easy. However, after I had found the RA and Ruby keys, I wandered for a long not knowing where could I go next. Finally I found myself in the laughing pit-place. I found the way to release Wrath of God at the elementals and rives, so when I finally got there it wasn't a huge battle. And I finally I was in the DDD. For the last time. Once again it proved no challenge, especially since I found a way not having to fight the fire elementals and demons. After a bit of exploring, the DAIN Corbum was mine.

Near where the Corbum lied, was a staircase to the final level. I entered it. I found two RA locks. I knew they could be melted with ZO KATH RAs. I took the teleporter and found myself somewhere. As I hadn't have much for the Iron Keys, I now had plenty of them to be used on the locks. And because of the abundance of GOR Keys, and was able to activate The Wrath of God to destroy the demons. Zytazes were a pain in the ass, but with effective use YEW staff, Horn of Fear and Vorpal Blades, I managed to kill all of them. And as I had the Crown of Nerra nad the Pendant Feral, there were no more Zytazes to bug me. I bumped into a couple of gigglers, but they were killed as quickly as they would have fled :wink: I was finally in the Demon Chambers. All I needed was patience, as the fireballs killed MOST of the demons. Only one of them needed Green Magic Boxes to trap it in the path of the Fireballs. It was a strong demon. And it had the master key. At the master lock I finally found the lock picks. "Thanks a lot". I used one more magic box in hopes that it would freeze Chaos, but it didn't. Not that it mattered, it was easy to distract Chaos and RUN to the pit. I took a deep breath, and threw 4 corbums to the Ful Ya-pit. I did it.
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Re: Completed CSB

Post by Gambit37 »

Cool, well done! It's satisfying when you finally get there isn't it? Curious about the Gigglers on the top level though -- there shouldn't be any. Guess this is due to RTC allowing monsters to roam freely.
George Gilbert
Dungeon Master

Post by George Gilbert »

Congratulations- it looks like you had fun!

To answer your one specific question - yes I am serious about sending the rtc file. The file contains a record of your champions efforts that I can extract. This can be compared from one adventure to another and I thought it would be good to have a "Global Hall of Champions" web-page showing the best parties to have completed each dungeon.

What does anyone else think?
billgus
Journeyman

Post by billgus »

If I remember what DMute says, two gigglers are suppose to go to the top level.
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

Yes, they are teleported there for the random object placement, but they should die, leaving the objects behind..