No Training

Discuss anything about the original Dungeon Master on any of the original platforms (Amiga, Atari, etc.).
This forum may contain spoilers.

Moderator: Ameena

Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
PeyloW
Novice

No Training

Post by PeyloW »

I have just found out that one of the best playstyles is NOT to train the champions at all. I just let them have the exprerience earned by "fair" fight. I do not swap them around to get then even eather. Lotsa fun, makes it challanging yet again.
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Brother!

Post by beowuuf »

Finally, someone who doesn't mention training!

The only training I will do is bare hands against rocks, because it's more eeffective anyway...I'll swap who does the punching to even out the ninja levels, but yup, it's more fun to just bomb through and play the game : )
Was unable to (permenantly) kill off ian_scho (Haynuus), Ameena, oh_brother (Westian), money (Falkor), raixel (Petal) and Lord_Bones (Aurek) in the DM D&D game Time's Champions!

CONGRATULATIONS TO THOSE WHO MADE THE GAME WHAT IT WAS - GREAT!
Big-J-Q
Adept

No Training

Post by Big-J-Q »

I used to be a hardcore-trainer; I liked having really tough characters; However, the training process is so boring, that I have given it up almost completely. It is actually funnier, when your character(s) are in a desperate situation; Makes the game more exciting!
The monsters make you fear, not think "oh, yet another knight. *yawn* Let's take it down".

I hear that in CSB there is no time & place to train your characters? I really can't wait until the next version is released :wink: (don't we all?)
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Re: No Training

Post by beowuuf »

Most of the fun IS from living on the edge...when you earn spells or realise you can suddenly juuuust about go toe to toe with a creature that you were getting pounded by befroe
Fireball is more satisfying if it hasn't worked the last five times you've thrown it : )
Was unable to (permenantly) kill off ian_scho (Haynuus), Ameena, oh_brother (Westian), money (Falkor), raixel (Petal) and Lord_Bones (Aurek) in the DM D&D game Time's Champions!

CONGRATULATIONS TO THOSE WHO MADE THE GAME WHAT IT WAS - GREAT!
PeyloW
Novice

Re: No Training

Post by PeyloW »

For some reason my little sisters finds it very amusing to train characters so I used to pick up when she was ready with the group and wanted to train a new one.

The best play I ever had was with a friend though. It was one of my first plays and the very first when I actualy completet the game. We did not train that much maybe a few levels in each skill at the most. The fun part was HOW we played, I handled the keyboard and walking and he handled the mouse and fighting. It was very effective; while I was running away he could prepare the next wave. After a few weeks we was very teamed up and almost never any fireballs in the face.

Ahh, those where the day... ;~)