Lev 12 - what now?

Discuss anything about the original Dungeon Master on any of the original platforms (Amiga, Atari, etc.).
This forum may contain spoilers.

Moderator: Ameena

Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Kevin
Novice

Lev 12 - what now?

Post by Kevin »

I'm stuck (again!). On the level with the knights and spiders. I've killed the weird ghosty things and got the darc armour and killed the first knight but can't open any more doors. I have a ruby key, a gold key and a cross key. I've been left and right after the stairs down but everything is shut. What do I do?
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Re: Lev 12 - what now?

Post by beowuuf »

The whole darc armour/shut door bit is a bonus bit |(though good for the skeleton key)

Just as a checklist, what you should do on entering the level is

a) Go right, and ignoring an iron door, finding a switch to press in a small room along the corridor
b) go back to the stairs and left...a small one by one room with a door will have opened in the large room (befroe the whole darc armour bit) A knight is released, and there is a key in this tiny room room
c) use this key to open the iron grate from befroe - kill the knight and search the body for another key
d) use this key to open an iron grate passed the initial switch room along this corridor

the rest is windy but straightforward..you might find a green button later that would be useful to press for an earlier bonus section...and don't forget to pick up the ra key!
Was unable to (permenantly) kill off ian_scho (Haynuus), Ameena, oh_brother (Westian), money (Falkor), raixel (Petal) and Lord_Bones (Aurek) in the DM D&D game Time's Champions!

CONGRATULATIONS TO THOSE WHO MADE THE GAME WHAT IT WAS - GREAT!
DjArcas
Apprentice

Post by DjArcas »

Odd. I couldn't get the Darc armour door to open in RTC... I pressed the large button theother side of the invisible pits, but it stuck in, and the door didn't open... it was a bug with RTC...?
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Darc armouir door doesn't open with that button (which is to release the knight ealier) - it opens with the green button room passed the emarald key door
Was unable to (permenantly) kill off ian_scho (Haynuus), Ameena, oh_brother (Westian), money (Falkor), raixel (Petal) and Lord_Bones (Aurek) in the DM D&D game Time's Champions!

CONGRATULATIONS TO THOSE WHO MADE THE GAME WHAT IT WAS - GREAT!
DjArcas
Apprentice

Post by DjArcas »

I think it was late. I'll go back to my saved game and double check. The armour of Darc/Lyte is a swizz, anyway, there's no bonus (that I know of) for a complete set :(