The Zoo?????

General messages about RTC and it's development.

Moderator: George Gilbert

Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Clean Richards
Neophyte

The Zoo?????

Post by Clean Richards »

Hello Y'all. RTC is a cool program. I have been playing DM for years and still love it. As we all know, it's hard to play on newer PC's because of sound issues. Looks like that problem is solved or is being solved anyway. I haven't had a chance to delve into RTC much yet, but plan to soon. Are a lot of the bugs worked out yet on this latest version? Another thing that is puzzling me is the zoo. What is it for? Can the creatures in there be killed? Is it for creating and importing characters to the other games? Like I said, I haven't had a lot of time to mess with it yet. I didn't find anything specific about the zoo in the help files. Maybe there is a file somewhere I missed. Anyway, thanks.
P.S. DM and Chaos are proof that fancy graphics are not what make a game great. These games blow away most "modern" games I have seen. (Maybe the graphics in DM were considered fancy back in their day).
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Re: The Zoo?????

Post by Gambit37 »

The zoo is purely so that you can view all the monsters from DM and CSB - nothing more, nothing less. It's just a test dungeon really.
Kevin
Novice

Graphics

Post by Kevin »

Your final comment about 'fancy graphics' is SO true. When will game developers get this into their thick heads? Never, I suspect.
Kevin
Novice

Zoo

Post by Kevin »

You can select and save up to 4 characters from the Zoo. Quit and start a new game but don't enter door but click on scroll at the bottom of the screen. Select 'make new adventure' and choose your team from the Zoo; save and enter dungeon. Now you can play RTC with the CSB characters. This not only gives more variety but much stronger characters which will advance in skills much quicker too. But it pays to reincarnate so you start with no skills for faster development.