Ghastly gastropod

[Custom Dungeon] [The Black Flame] Feedback

Post by PaulH »

Silence is golden...
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Re: [Custom Dungeon] [The Black Flame] Feedback

Post by beowuuf »

lol, sorry, i did start this, but the saved game has been re-shuffled since then!
I still want to see the new ending...one day...
Was unable to (permenantly) kill off ian_scho (Haynuus), Ameena, oh_brother (Westian), money (Falkor), raixel (Petal) and Lord_Bones (Aurek) in the DM D&D game Time's Champions!

CONGRATULATIONS TO THOSE WHO MADE THE GAME WHAT IT WAS - GREAT!
PaulH
Ghastly gastropod

Post by PaulH »

Ahhh, I am glad somebody had tried it. The words 'lead' and 'balloon' had sprung to mind...
Christopher

Post by Christopher »

I remember trying it, however, I gave up after repeatedly dying from thirst. Guess I'll give it another go...
PaulH
Ghastly gastropod

Post by PaulH »

Interesting... I remember being a little sparse with the water fountains, but if you know where they are (as obviously I did), then you wouldn't have a problem. Maybe I need to look from the potential player's eye rather than my own.
Christopher

Post by Christopher »

Actually, I never found a waterskin or flask.
PaulH
Ghastly gastropod

Post by PaulH »

Well, look harder!!! There is at least one flask...
PaulH
Ghastly gastropod

Post by PaulH »

It is difficult to differentiate between a challenge and an easy dungeon. I do not know. If you can't do it, you can't do it, maybe I should give up, or create walkovers!!! Only joking, I appreciate anybody who tries what I do. Thankyou.
Christopher

Post by Christopher »

Wow, three exclamation points. I must be an idiot for not finding a flask.
Anyway, trying the game again I remember exactly why they died of thirst. It was because I spent too much time leveling up against the dragon. But now I have a bota and flask and things are great... except I don't know how to get to the next part. Oh well, I'll find out soon enough I guess.
DMDM

Post by DMDM »

This dungeon looked promising, and would be great if it wasnt so impossibly and tediously hard. Rockpile's with 3000 health? Whats the point?

Also some of the puzzle's are obscure, how are we supposed to know where the invisible walls are? I had to cheat and look up the dungeon on DMUTE. In short, this dungeon is unplayable unless you have a map of the dungeon, I have got a map and now cannot be bothered, there's one level where lightning bolts are wizzing around and you have to find invisible walls along a wall, then you get attacked by a pair of knights and then materializers. The guy who made this dungeon is obviously very skilled, but all the time spent making the BLACK FLAME is a waste im afraid, it's just too hard and obscure.
PaulH
Ghastly gastropod

Post by PaulH »

This has been converted to CSBWin and updated. This version is obsolete. Try going to the other forum.

Invisible walls? How do you suppose you find them, should I put flags on them? Get exploring. They are invisible for a reason. And yes, the rockpiles did have 3000 points, but as you looked at the editor you will realise they didin't need to be killed and were not in the way.

Hopefully you will find the waste a little easier in CSBWin!
TyGuy6

Post by TyGuy6 »

I wish you could delete posts. *TyGuy hypnotizes you* Noooothing is here anymorrrrrrr.

Post Edited (08-08-05 11:03)