The Mirror and the Lucky Rabbit's Foot

General messages about RTC and it's development.

Moderator: George Gilbert

Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Fade
Neophyte

The Mirror and the Lucky Rabbit's Foot

Post by Fade »

:) Wow! let me first say how impressed i am with RTC! I LOVED DM and CSB and its absolutely awesome to see such quality work being done. As a matter of interest, does anyone know what the mirror and the lucky rabbit's foot were for in the games?

I could never actually get them to do anything. I remember reading an interview with one of DM's original programmers who mentioned that he *thought* the rabbit's foot increased a player's chances of dodging blows or taking less damage when carried. As for the mirror, i'm totally clueless, anyone know better?

I'm still just discovering all the work that's being done here so please help me out. =)

Keep up the amazing work!
Lubor Kolar
Artisan

Re: The Mirror and the Lucky Rabbit's Foot

Post by Lubor Kolar »

Exploring Chaos Strikes Back sources, I found that if rabbit's foot is in character's inventory, he gets some bonus, but I didn't explore it precisely so I could not say in which situations possesion of rabbit's foot helps.
Mirror are used for quests - first is Eye on the wall in the 3rd floor and next (and probably last) place where is mirror used in DM is sixth floor - riddle room.
Fade
Neophyte

Post by Fade »

Ah thank you :) I remember now using the mirror in those situations! I thought it might have some other special uses, maybe because i never seemed to throw it away when I was playing, hehe.
Rick
Novice

Post by Rick »

Hmmm.... now i wonder if this little mirror while used in the left hand of ALL party members would make them immune to spells (like the medusa shields in EOB)? This means that some monster who attacked you would get his spell backfired at him!

That would be a nice touch.
Curath
Neophyte

reflection

Post by Curath »

Actually, if you hack items that are normally unavailable, there are mirror shields. Don't know if they would bounce spells.
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Crystal shield in CSB is just a shield (as it was a new skin for the small shield, I think...unless you mean another shield no one knows about yet?)
Mirror shield in DM 2 does have some extra ability like reflection or magic shield attached to it.
Was unable to (permenantly) kill off ian_scho (Haynuus), Ameena, oh_brother (Westian), money (Falkor), raixel (Petal) and Lord_Bones (Aurek) in the DM D&D game Time's Champions!

CONGRATULATIONS TO THOSE WHO MADE THE GAME WHAT IT WAS - GREAT!