(done) Minor issue with fullscreen renderers

This forum is for the Lua scriptable clone of DM/CSB called Dungeon Strikes Back by Sophia. Use DSB to build your own highly customised games.

Moderator: Sophia

Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

(done) Minor issue with fullscreen renderers

Post by Gambit37 »

For fullscreen renderers with game_draw=true, if the player is viewing an inventory, the game view switches to dungeon view when the renderer is displayed, then switches back to inventory view when the renderer is exited. This kinda breaks the idea that the renderer is a "popup" over the previous view.

Any chance this could be fixed so that the fullscreen renderer doesn't change what's displayed "behind" it?
Sophia
Concise and Honest

Re: (done) Minor issue with fullscreen renderers

Post by Sophia »

This is actually by design, because I had a different concept for how the game view showing up should work-- at the time I thought that it would work like the "ZZZ" button where it's desirable to always pop back to the game view.

However, I see the logic behind your way, too. So I'm not going to change the default behavior but for 0.76 I will add a keep_viewmode option. If you set this to true along with game_draw it will remember which view mode you were in and draw the fullscreen renderer accordingly.
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Re: (done) Minor issue with fullscreen renderers

Post by Gambit37 »

You are awesome :o Thank you :)