I never thought I'd be scared by DM again

This forum is for the Lua scriptable clone of DM/CSB called Dungeon Strikes Back by Sophia. Use DSB to build your own highly customised games.

Moderator: Sophia

Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Sophia
Concise and Honest

I never thought I'd be scared by DM again

Post by Sophia »

I was fixing a bug in DSB that would make certain bad Lua cause it to freeze up rather than shut down in an orderly fashion. I ran my test case, DSB closed, and that was that, so I went back to coding.

I normally have music in my headphones while I'm coding so I didn't notice anything at first, but then I heard an odd noise so I turned off the music and pause to listen, and I hear the unmistakable DM bump-bump sound of footsteps approaching. I figured I had just forgotten to shut down DSB so I looked for the window... there was no window. I checked the taskbar... nothing. I pressed alt-tab and cycled through the windows... no DSB window anywhere. And then the sound of a mummy attacking: "Haa!"

After I pulled myself off the ceiling, as it turned out, what happened was that my fix told Allegro to close the DSB window; my thinking was that this would shut down the program, and, indeed, that's what seemed to have happened. However, it really just did that and only that: it closed the window. The program continued to run in the background.

I pressed ctrl-alt-del and found the process and killed it and all was well. :oops:
ParuNexus
Adept

Re: I never thought I'd be scared by DM again

Post by ParuNexus »

wow, atleast it wasn't also the blood curdling scream of death.
Want to talk about Dungeon master, or shoot the breeze, come check out Dungeon Master Discord(not affiliated with
other DM series sites) @ https://discord.gg/5YzEcPT
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Re: I never thought I'd be scared by DM again

Post by Gambit37 »

:D Love this! DM still has the power!