DSB Version 0.76

This forum is for the Lua scriptable clone of DM/CSB called Dungeon Strikes Back by Sophia. Use DSB to build your own highly customised games.

Moderator: Sophia

Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Sophia
Concise and Honest

DSB Version 0.76

Post by Sophia »

What's new:

- Overhauled the 3d sound system to account for walls
- Sound configuration options are now available in the sound_info table, defined in sound_info.lua
- Added support for localization (or easier modification) of text strings
- Added keep_viewmode option to the fullscreen renderer, which will draw the inventory view if the renderer is invoked from an inventory
- Added sys_get_border_eyemouth to tell the inventory renderer what borders to draw around the eye and mouth
- Added min_skill to spells to specify an absolute minimum skill level needed to cast the spell
- Added additional hooks to sys_cast_spell and various attack methods to make big functions less monolithic and easier to modify
- Doors can now be set to be clickable, just like upright flooritems
- Fixed subrenderer msgzones flickering on and off
- Fixed a situational crash when viewing the inventory screen
- Fixed a timing discrepancy between the attack cooldown timer and message timers
- Improved handling of msgzones on inventory screen, including fixing other assorted bugs
- Removed ESB support for floating point values in exvars, as they don't work in DSB (and probably never will)
- Default font now includes curly braces and the euro symbol (€)
- Dungeon Master "D" icon now shown while program is running

Download it here
Stingm
Apprentice

Re: DSB Version 0.76

Post by Stingm »

Thanks again for all the work Sophia!
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

Wowee, amazing to get another version so quickly! Thank you for all this cool stuff :)
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

A couple of things:

1) I'm curious why the graphics.dat jumped from 442KB to 1.29MB?
2) I was fiddling in the test dungeon, filled the quiver with arrows and put it in the main quiver slot, with a bow in hand and no arrow in the ready hand. Clicking "Shoot" method causes a crash:

Code: Select all

FATAL LUA ERROR: Lua Function SHOOT: base/methods.lua:1079: attempt to index global 'arch' (a nil value)
(This may not be a new problem in 0.76, it might have been there for a while, I've not checked)
Sophia
Concise and Honest

Post by Sophia »

Gambit37 wrote: Sun Mar 15, 2020 10:34 pmI'm curious why the graphics.dat jumped from 442KB to 1.29MB?
Oh, when I updated the file in the grabber I probably forgot to compress it. I guess this shows you that Allegro's datafile compression is actually pretty good!
Gambit37 wrote: Sun Mar 15, 2020 10:34 pmI was fiddling in the test dungeon, filled the quiver with arrows and put it in the main quiver slot, with a bow in hand and no arrow in the ready hand. Clicking "Shoot" method causes a crash:

FATAL LUA ERROR: Lua Function SHOOT: base/methods.lua:1079: attempt to index global 'arch' (a nil value)
(This may not be a new problem in 0.76, it might have been there for a while, I've not checked)
No, it's new in 0.76. If you want to hack in a fix yourself, just add the following line just after weapon is defined (like line 1071 or so):

local arch = weapon
I've put up a new download of 0.76 with these two issues fixed.
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

You're faster than light! :o Thank you :)
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

Is the new boost_highlight_time set in secconds?
Sophia
Concise and Honest

Post by Sophia »

No, ticks.