[April Fool's] DSB in the Cloud

This forum is for the Lua scriptable clone of DM/CSB called Dungeon Strikes Back by Sophia. Use DSB to build your own highly customised games.

Moderator: Sophia

Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Sophia
Concise and Honest

[April Fool's] DSB in the Cloud

Post by Sophia »

Cloud gaming is the big trend of the future, and much like every other fan of a 30+ year old computer game, I am all about chasing the latest and greatest trends. So along the lines of Google Stadia and similar services, I've decided to make future versions of DSB streamed! No longer will you have to have a computer capable of running Lua, or have to download hundreds of kilobytes of data in order to play, instead, you can have it streamed straight to your desktop, TV, or phone... play just about anywhere!

Well, as long as your particular anywhere has ethernet, because this seriously does not work over most wifi at all. There will of course be a few hiccups, but this is normal with new technology, and I think they're quite easily worked around. I can't really afford the infrastructure that the big companies have. The best stream I can probably manage at the moment is 640x480 at around 6 fps. The good news is, for playing Dungeon Master, that's perfectly fine since that's how it ran on the Amiga anyway. Also I've had some issues with input latency so I've put in a lot of prediction algorithms into the input code, but we've all played the DM dungeon so many times that everyone's probably going to do basically the same thing anyway, so you shouldn't notice.

I'm now accepting orders for the DSB premiere edition, which lets you get in on the ground floor of this great new method of gaming without specialized hardware for only $130 for the specialized hardware you need in order to play!
Sphenx
On Master

Re: DSB in the Cloud

Post by Sphenx »

Hi Sophia, I was hoping for something like that ! 6fps is a really good choice, but 640x480, really ? I would not choose more than 320x240. Is there an extra to have the CRT shader ?
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

This sounds awesome. Take my money! If you send me an unsecured link where I can input my credit card details, and also ask me for all my personal details (which you definitely don't need to provide this amazing Cloud DSB service), I'll be even happier!
Saumun
High Lord

Post by Saumun »

Dammit! I’d be all over this, but I’m just short.
Can I get it at 5 fps for $129?
“Grynix Ernum Quey Ki Skebow Rednim U Os Dey Wefna Enocarn Aquantana” - Anon
Bit
Arch Master

Post by Bit »

:D same procedure...
Take care, all of you