Just found something cool

General messages about RTC and it's development.

Moderator: George Gilbert

Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Just found something cool

Post by beowuuf »

If you type in "Greylord " into the config file, and have the target point to a valid gif picture 30x30, then you can replace the grey lord's face with anything you want, even your own!
Try it if you have a saved game that's at the end, it's cool
Was unable to (permenantly) kill off ian_scho (Haynuus), Ameena, oh_brother (Westian), money (Falkor), raixel (Petal) and Lord_Bones (Aurek) in the DM D&D game Time's Champions!

CONGRATULATIONS TO THOSE WHO MADE THE GAME WHAT IT WAS - GREAT!
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Re: Just found something cool

Post by Gambit37 »

Just his face? Where does that appear and why does it have to be so small.... I don't geddit....
George Gilbert
Dungeon Master

Post by George Gilbert »

:-)

I see you found another of the undocumented config options; first FULLSCREEN and now this. Only a couple more to go...
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Ah, the board snipped the path name reference...

I think I found one called "APRIL1" but I'm not sure how well it works : )
Was unable to (permenantly) kill off ian_scho (Haynuus), Ameena, oh_brother (Westian), money (Falkor), raixel (Petal) and Lord_Bones (Aurek) in the DM D&D game Time's Champions!

Lunever
Grand Druid

Post by Lunever »

Hmm, today is the 1st April, I entered APRIL1 into the config but couldn't notice any change. Or is that your April 1st joke, beowuuf, that there is no April1 in the config?
Or is this maybe the activation of the "Lord Librasulus smites thee down"????? Hey, I have to continue my DM game to test this upon the dragon. I hope it doesn't work on April 1st only, cause I'll probably won't have enough time to do that today (although I could of course set the date manually).

<p>Komm zur bunten Seite der Macht! </p>
Parting is all we know from Heaven, and all we need of hell.
Lunever
Grand Druid

Post by Lunever »

Ok, after I had finished the knight's level I skipped the quest for the firestaff and went straight to the dragon. Standing before him I froze the game and entered "lord librasulus smites thee down". Then there came a message, but only the upper half of it was readable, the rest was somehow cut off, but I think it said: "CHEAT MODE ACTIVE".
I casted then a MonZoGorSar, but nothing happened. What did I miss? Or is the April joke, that there is only a so-called cheat mode, that does in fact do nothing so your party gets fried?
Please, any information!

Lunever
Grand Druid

Post by Lunever »

Ah, the message is only shown half as long as the game is freezed, but when you continue, it is shown fully, it is indeed "CHEAT MODE ACTIVE". I made a screenshot of that. But I found out that this happens no matter whether there is a "APRIL1" in the config or not. So what is supposed to happen then? If I remember correctly, according to that magazine's (whatwasitsname) april joke you have to cast a MonZoGorSar to slay the Dragon instantly. But apparently that's not what this RTC cheat mode does, cause when I tried, my Tiggy only mumbled a meaningless spell. I also didn't have much time to try out other things, cause at Archmaster difficulty I am playing at, the second fireball of the Dragon kills my party, and he's pretty fast with that.
So, any idea anyone?

Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

Beowuuf and George: DOH! I clearly wasn't paying attention to the calendar...

Lunever: Beowuuf is just kidding, the APRIL1 reference is not relevant, after all, its April 1st! But as you've discovered, George *has* implemented the Atari ST Action Magazine April 1st Cheat. However, it doesn't always work, kind of a random thing to stop you getting too powerful. What you're supposed to do (when it works) is to do the cheat, cast the spell, then kill the dragon and it should leave behind a Firestaff!
Lunever
Grand Druid

Post by Lunever »

Ok, killin the Dragon brought up no special result. So, before I try to kill it again and again, please George: What terms do I have to fullfill to get any special result? Is it bound, as one might suspect after reading Gambit's last post, to the overall power of the party (for if so it won't be any good to try again with the same party)?

beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

I shalll never try to play an april the first joke while rushing out the door to work again! : )

That's cool abotu the cheat mode - i knew george had implemented it, just didn't know how closely to the original it worked

Lunever
Grand Druid

Post by Lunever »

You can activate it no matter where you are (the Dragon is seemingly not required). Just what the Hell does it do (if anything at all)?

Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

Like I said, you kill the Dragon and he leaves behind a firestaff, but it's random so it'll only happen once in a while...
Lunever
Grand Druid

Post by Lunever »

Ok, just one question, Gambit: Did you personally see it happen?

Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

Nope, but I have faith in George. :)