Distance

General messages about RTC and it's development.

Moderator: George Gilbert

Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Ameena
Wordweaver, Murafu Maker

Distance

Post by Ameena »

Well I don't want to know this, but my dad asked me to post it here 'cause...umm, I suppose he's too lazy or something :P
Anyway, what he wants to know is...when you get your score at the end it gives you your distance travelled in kilometres, but how much is a km in game distance? Or how much is a single square, and how many squares make up a km? Something like that.
Dungeon Master

Re: Distance

Post by George Gilbert »

I think I decided 1 tile is 3.33 meters and scaled up. It seemed a reasonable value to me at the time and quoting distance in "real" units felt more in character with the game (i.e. hiding the mechanics) than quoting tiles moved.

As they say, however, it has no basis more reliable than my own meandering thoughts... ;-)
Ameena
Wordweaver, Murafu Maker

Post by Ameena »

Ahh, okay...it would be interesting to see how many tiles I've moved as well, since it would mean more than just a number of kms...ugh I did so much running away, my number would probably be huge lol :lol:
Grand Druid

Post by Lunever »

Well, you can easily calculate this on your own, can't you? 3 tiles are 10 m, so 1 km is 300 tiles right? Just take the km distance and multiply it with 300, voilá!

<p>Komm zur bunten Seite der Macht! </p>
Parting is all we know from Heaven, and all we need of hell.
Ameena
Wordweaver, Murafu Maker

Post by Ameena »

Um. Well, I've never been good at Maths :P