Dark Reign

Custom dungeons for RTC
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
agarules
Journeyman

Dark Reign

Post by agarules »

Been playing Dark Reign with an imported re-incarnated party. They all have good stats, but being re-incarnated they know nothing, which is what I like. To build up the team as I progress through the game, which incidentally, I am enjoying very much.
I am on a level with a pit and just out of curiosity I jumped down it. Kept going down for 3 times, so healed the party after each fall. When I got to the bottom there were all sorts of nasties and a sign saying "You shouldn't have ventured down here." I held my own for a while, but got ambushed and died...that'll learn me. Love it.
Anyway, my question. Wanna start over again, choosing from The Hall of Champions. Any recommendations, or just choose to suit my play-style?
Oh yes, when and if I finish it, should I save just before the end so that I can use the same party for Dark Reign 2?
God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,

Courage to change the things I can,

And wisdom to know the difference.
terkio
Mon Master

Re: Dark Reign

Post by terkio »

Good,
It seems you've reached the end of DR 1.
Sorry, I do not remember details of the switchover to DR 2. That was too many years ago.
"You can be on the right track and still get hit by a train!" Alfred E. Neuman
Saumun
High Lord

Post by Saumun »

The level through multiple pits is a secret (or not so secret?) extra level. It does not need to be completed. There is Ra armour down there, but it’s heavy and probably isn’t worth it.

I’d say just match whatever strengths the characters have to your playing style.

You cannot import into DR2... or rather, you can but are almost instantly killed.
Some mechanics in it depend on the character name, so it’s resurrect only.
“Grynix Ernum Quey Ki Skebow Rednim U Os Dey Wefna Enocarn Aquantana” - Anon
agarules
Journeyman

Post by agarules »

The reason that I jumped down them multiple pits (ouch, thought they'd never end) is out of curiosity; well, the real reason was that I was a bit stuck. Couldn't find a gem to fit in a slot. Found one but can't find the other one. Think I've looked everywhere and tapped on every wall after reading the notice "Not Everything Is As It Seems". Man, I hate false walls. Will re-load and have another look and not jump down that multiple pit. Heavy armour never seems to be worth it. Just stops you from carrying stuff that you really need. I like to be fast and use cunning.
Thanks for this excellent dungeon mod and me? I must be getting impatient in my old age.
God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,

Courage to change the things I can,

And wisdom to know the difference.