[April Fool's] Introducing GorCoin!

This forum is for the Lua scriptable clone of DM/CSB called Dungeon Strikes Back by Sophia. Use DSB to build your own highly customised games.

Moderator: Sophia

Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Sophia
Concise and Honest

[April Fool's] Introducing GorCoin!

Post by Sophia »

GorCoin is a brand new cryptocurrency that you can mine right from inside DSB at the same time as you play! It's not like the game itself actually puts your GPU to use, so why not use it for something? In case you've been out of the loop, cryptocurrency's ability to both make transactions much easier for crime syndicates and also waste inordinate amounts of electricity means it's the hot new thing! Quite literally. Your GPU had better have really good fans.

All of your GorCoins are stored in chests that appear inside of your dungeon, which serves as a means of security as well; no need to remember a password, just remember where in the dungeon you put them. When you're ready to buy or sell GorCoins on the world market, you can join the Mt. Anaias GorCoin exchange. It has only been hacked three times since I set it up so I'm pretty confident it's almost secure by now!

I'm hoping you'll join me in this exciting new direction for DSB, and not just because I've pre-mined thousands of GorCoins and I'm trying to pump and dump them!
The Journeyman
Craftsman

Re: Introducing GorCoin!

Post by The Journeyman »

I tried this but just ended up with a 1024th of a GorCoin and when I tried to hide it, a giggler came by and took it from me. Is this supposed to happen? I thought we live in a fair world.
I'm gonna sleep in the rat room.
Prince of Elves
Craftsman

Post by Prince of Elves »

Hey Sophia, that is soo cool! :D Sadly, I'm too lazy to play DSB right now, but I'd love to buy some of your pre-done coins. I guess you can guarantee a nice value boost for them? ;)
The Journeyman
Craftsman

Post by The Journeyman »

also..while you are taking questions: will the GorCoins increase in value if I flip them?
I'm gonna sleep in the rat room.
oh_brother
Son of Heaven

Post by oh_brother »

:D I was expecting a DSB update today, and I was not disappointed!