(fixed in 0.79) [0.78] Multiple protections display broken

This forum is for the Lua scriptable clone of DM/CSB called Dungeon Strikes Back by Sophia. Use DSB to build your own highly customised games.

Moderator: Sophia

Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
kaypy
Artisan

(fixed in 0.79) [0.78] Multiple protections display broken

Post by kaypy »

In older versions, casting eg ya-ir and ful-bro-neta would get you an outline with a mix of blue and green dashes.

In 0.78, you only get one type of protection showing. I believe both are still active (and if one times out, the other will be shown), but you can no longer tell by the display.

Hmm. I should go back and try to figure out exactly when things broke.

0.72 also has the bad display

0.71 is ok
Friends don't let friends eat worm round
kaypy
Artisan

Re: [0.78] Multiple protections display broken

Post by kaypy »

Conditions.lua had a big overhaul of the conditions table setup from 0.71 to 0.72. I assume the corresponding c code changed extensively too.
Sophia
Concise and Honest

Re: [0.78] Multiple protections display broken

Post by Sophia »

They're both still being drawn. The problem is the order is no longer defined, and it seems to draw Ya-Ir on top, which completely obscures Ful-Bro-Neta. I'll specify the draw order in 0.79.

(By the way, the underlying C code hardly changed at all. The table stuff is all implemented in Lua, and is really just a much nicer looking frontend for dsb_add_condition, which is still there under the hood)
kaypy
Artisan

Re: (fixed in 0.79) [0.78] Multiple protections display broken

Post by kaypy »

Thanks.

And with that knowledge, I hacked in a temporary blueshield image that doesn't cover the same pixels as the fireshield 8-)

But that leads me to another question: At what point are conditions actually set? I had to hack the base gfx. Tweaking the conditions table in my code didn't seem to do anything...
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Re: (fixed in 0.79) [0.78] Multiple protections display broken

Post by Gambit37 »

In my DM update I've redesigned those graphics so that they don't obscure each other, so I'd never noticed the issue!