[Custom dungeon] Underverse [RTC] [Saumun]

Custom dungeons for RTC
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Clodius_one
Adept

Re: [RTC] New Dungeon: Underverse

Post by Clodius_one »

I got it !
Spoiler
I had the same formulas Zo Ir Sar but I don't know why I wrote 5 instead of 6 for Zo :roll:
Thanks
Even if I had given you the smallest bite, my poison will overcome you
Spoiler
Try me!
Clodius_one
Adept

Post by Clodius_one »

I reached the place where I had a bug with my previous save and unfortunately I still have the same problem. But this time it's 2 other mechanisms that don't work: the corridors on each side with the blue teleporters. Is there a logical order to deactivate the traps? I tried individually the blue teleporters first... no effect then I tried the other 2 which worked and I redid the first ones but without success.
Spoiler
Try me!
Saumun
High Lord

Post by Saumun »

I’m not sure where you mean. Are you back at the pits before “wine cocktails”?
If so, I posted the solution on the previous page.
I’ll paste the quote below…
Saumun wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 3:56 am
Spoiler
Each red button opens a wall and reveals a square key.
1. The passages east and west of the central section close three pits and allow access to a red button in the southeast of the central section, when solved. To the west you must avoid a moving blue haze and click a small button on the wall. To the east you must step into the northerly haze (facing north) and immediately step backwards three times into a blue haze that appears behind you (hence the "backtrack" clue).
2. Drop down any pit, find a lever in the area below, then find a blue haze and teleport back up. The three pits in the northwest of the central section are now closed, allowing you access to another red button (and key). When you press this particular red button, it also opens a passage north leading to "wine cocktails" and a passage to the east.
3. "wine cocktails" is an anagram of "anticlockwise". Step on the floor plate and walk one full circuit in an anticlockwise direction. This opens two walls to the east. Pull both revealed levers and the central section will open. There is a wall text that says "or maybe not". Find the floor plate and walk one full circuit in a clockwise direction. This opens two more walls to the east. Again pull both revealed levers. This opens the central square of this area. Go there and pull another lever to open the final wall to the east. There is a floor plate in the wall you opened which closes three more pits and reveals another red button in the northeast of the earlier part.
4, Through the previously opened passage the east, there are a number of fireball shooters activated by small floor plates. Head north, avoiding the traps until you find a black button. The black button closes the final three pits, allowing access to the final red button. You should now have all the square keys.
“Grynix Ernum Quey Ki Skebow Rednim U Os Dey Wefna Enocarn Aquantana” - Anon
Clodius_one
Adept

Post by Clodius_one »

Yes it is the 'wine cocktails location but it work this time. Now I have bug with the 2 passages East & West with blue teleporters beside the key room. They don't close the pits.
Spoiler
Try me!
Saumun
High Lord

Post by Saumun »

They’re not supposed to close the pits, they just reveal them. You’ll notice on point 2 of the quote that you have to enter a pit and find a lever in the area below.
Clodius_one
Adept

Post by Clodius_one »

This is what I did and this one was working fine also the Wine cocktails. I solved one trap at the time and looked the result and found out the 2 corridors on each side (East & West) did not work.
Spoiler
Try me!
Saumun
High Lord

Post by Saumun »

Are you sure they’re both completed?
I’ve looked at the map, and cannot see where it can possibly bug.
Spoiler
West corridor - Avoid moving haze and press small button.
Spoiler
East corridor - Walk into the haze facing north, and immediately backstep 3 squares into the haze that is created.
Clodius_one
Adept

Post by Clodius_one »

Yes on both info
Spoiler
West corridor: I can ear a little click when I press the button and East corridor: I can hear a weird buzz when the the blue haze disappear but no result
Spoiler
Try me!
Saumun
High Lord

Post by Saumun »

In that case, I have no idea what is wrong.
Can you tell me what is accessible? How many pits are closed? Did you step on the final floor plate in “wine cocktails”? It’s the plate that closes pits, not the lever at the centre.
Have you pressed the black button at the end of the fireball launcher area?
Clodius_one
Adept

Post by Clodius_one »

What I know for sure is:
Spoiler
The lever underground close North-East pits;
The floor plate in wine cocktails close North-West pits
What I am not sure is:
Spoiler
What close the South-East pits because I did East and West corridors with blue hazes but only South-East was closed not South-West.
Spoiler
Try me!
Saumun
High Lord

Post by Saumun »

The haze corridors…
Spoiler
close the southeast pits.
A black wall button…
Spoiler
at the end of the area with tiny floor switches/fireball launchers/ghosts closes the southwest pits.
Clodius_one
Adept

Post by Clodius_one »

that's explain everything :o .
Spoiler
I never completed the part with the tiny floor switches/fireball launchers because I did not have the spell Mirror
So after all, maybe I had no bug. Let's see if I can finish the south branch.
Spoiler
Try me!
Clodius_one
Adept

Post by Clodius_one »

Finally I finished the South branch. I thrown a look inside the North one and noticed that the maze is different than the one I drew long time ago but did not save and decided to do the South instead :o . Is it possible that the maze changed.
Spoiler
Try me!
Saumun
High Lord

Post by Saumun »

That depends.
Parts of the map can be different, along with objectives and items… but most of this is decided in the first (western) area, so if you start a new game then it’s almost certain to have differences. This was done to give some replayability, though it’s doubtful many people would play a dungeon of this size more than once.
However, if you load an old save, most of it should be the same. The order of things may change a little when you first enter a new area.
The central area (The Hive) is the largest section, but has no differences. It is set from the start and always the same.
Clodius_one
Adept

Post by Clodius_one »

Hi Saumun,
Ok, this is very strange. When I finished the South branch and headed towards the North branch. I sincerely believed that I had arrived when, after a long walk, I saw the double black door open. By comparing what I was seeing and the partial map that I had made a few years earlier, I saw a drastic change of this environment. I redraw a partial map of this place and realized with surprise that I was not in the North branch but rather in the West one. I know I did West branch because I drew the entire map when I did it and remembered exit out of there. And now, I find myself redoing the West branch again... What is happening?
Spoiler
Try me!
Clodius_one
Adept

Post by Clodius_one »

Correction of my last post.
I did not finished completely the West branch. I probably started the South branch after not having found any solution to exit the West one :roll: . I'm guessing that I finally have no choice to get through it :lol: .

Thanks anyway. I will probably come back to ask you some hints where I failed at the end.
Spoiler
Try me!
Clodius_one
Adept

Post by Clodius_one »

Question:
Did I missed something ?
Spoiler
I finished the South branch and I was left with a gray Dungeon key that was not used.
I can't remember since when I got it.
Spoiler
Try me!
Saumun
High Lord

Post by Saumun »

You didn’t miss anything.
The dungeon keys are optional and are only used later. They can resolve something mentioned in the readme file, but are not needed to complete the dungeon.

I don’t know if this is useful to you, but I have a save from v1.8 with the west and south passages completed.
The party only includes Teece and Vio, and they haven’t really been levelled (except for levels gained in the natural course of the run), but are in a similar place to where you are and are in a later version.

If you want me to send you this save so that you can continue in v1.8, let me know.
Clodius_one
Adept

Post by Clodius_one »

I have almost completed half of the west branch but I am stuck where is the only water fountain.
Spoiler
I don't know how to close the pits that separate me from the lever and the fountain. From my previous travel in that HELL, I though that when I took the ew tile and the gold key below, that supposed to close these pits but this time it seems not working.
I have the version 1.6 and I though that these 2 were not compatible and I use 4 warriors. If I change to version 1.8, will this affect my map that I drew?
Spoiler
Try me!
Saumun
High Lord

Post by Saumun »

I can’t remember the part where you’re stuck. I’ll try to take a look later.

No, saves for the different versions are not compatible.
There would probably be a few differences if you were to start from the beginning in v1.8 or from a save.
I only mentioned it because a few bugs were ironed out in subsequent versions. You’re fine to continue with v1.6 but I’d suggest making regular saves in different slots in case you do encounter a bug and need to go back.
Clodius_one
Adept

Post by Clodius_one »

Yes, I save on every quarter of each branch.

Thanks anyway, after almost 3 branches done, I will try to keep running with my own team for now. If there is a major bug ahead, we will see. But when... or if I finish and complete the entire map of UNDERVERSE, It should be interesting to see the differences with 1.8

Do you know how many players finished the game?
Spoiler
Try me!
Saumun
High Lord

Post by Saumun »

There aren’t any differences between v1.6 and v1.8 in terms of gameplay. The updates were just bug fixes.
There are still a couple of minor bugs in v1.8 but they cannot be fixed, as I no longer have the file… but it can be finished.
There will be differences for each playthrough, but that goes for all versions.

As for how many people have completed it, it’s impossible to say for sure. It has been downloaded 600+ times but because almost all of them have not posted here, I cannot say.
However, there are several members of the forum who have completed it.
Clodius_one
Adept

Post by Clodius_one »

I feel like the 600th and last competitor in a running race and all the participants have already crossed the finish line and have all gone home. :(
Spoiler
Try me!
Clodius_one
Adept

Post by Clodius_one »

Hi Saumun,

did you get a chance to look at my problem 3 post before? I sent you the map on your e-mail.
Spoiler
Try me!
Saumun
High Lord

Post by Saumun »

From looking at the map, I assume you mean the room with 3 invisible pits, a lever on the west wall (blocked by a pit), and a fountain southeast (also blocked by a pit).
Is this right?

If so, there is a…
Spoiler
4x4 room southeast of this area, that has a floor plate. Solving the correct order of floor plates in here opens further exits out of the room, but also closes the pit in front of the lever back to the northwest.
Saumun
High Lord

Post by Saumun »

I have replied to your email with the area marked.
Clodius_one
Adept

Post by Clodius_one »

You show me the only place that I deliberately avoided by perceiving another simpler passage and I did not know that the challenge was connected to another place.
Thanks
Spoiler
Try me!
Clodius_one
Adept

Post by Clodius_one »

I started this dungeon in February 2016. It took me 1 month to complete the eastern branch.
I was doing well in the West branch until I made 3/4 of my way and I came across a labyrinth with multiple pits that knocked me down each time without understanding the pattern. :oops:
CS post
The pits were sneaky man, lol, need a sharp eye. HELP. Claude is making a map from the start. God help him with those spinners :lol: :roll: :twisted: :? :roll: :lol:
That was not the spinners that discouraged me but the maze with multiple pits all around in West branch and I thought about changing my path. So I took a previous save at the exit of the East branch and started the South one instead. When I finally exit it, seeing my West map done, I thought I had done it but I was wrong. I had to go through it again but with the difference that with my detailed map, I knew exactly where I was going. When I reached the maze with multiple pits, my analytic mind was at its best and was able to solve it more easily by taking multiple print screens of the area and the magic map. I felt like Spiderman with his camera. I am almost at the end of this path having finally completed 3 of the 4 branches.

The game of Saumun is full of challenges and a lot of fun. He must surely burst out laughing as he read our distraught posts. Well done Saumun for your excellent work! :D
Spoiler
Try me!
Clodius_one
Adept

Post by Clodius_one »

I finally finished the West branch :D and started the North one... the last one before entering the center. I am so excited.
About the music I have heard so far, it is the intro and the southern branch that I prefer the most.
So far so good, everything was going well. I passed the first section in the North branch without too much problem and...
Spoiler
BOOM ! I was killed with only one shot by two fireball launchers :shock:
Spoiler
Try me!
Clodius_one
Adept

Post by Clodius_one »

Spoiler
I found 7 coin slots and I have 3 coins so far and inserted in all slots which they accepted them but nothing append... vexirks gates does not open even if I killed them through the gates. I can't find the others coins.
Spoiler
Try me!