A question on DM2

Custom dungeons for CSBWin. Includes all Confux 2 and 3 discussions.

Moderator: Zyx

Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Splatmania
Novice

A question on DM2

Post by Splatmania »

Where is it on CSBWin, too hard to do or something else?

Seems a pitty RTC got them all but CSBWins got Conflux an is only missing DM2.
Ameena
Wordweaver, Murafu Maker

Re: A question on DM2

Post by Ameena »

CSBWin uses the Atari version of DM/CSB. DM2 came out on PC, not Atari, so that's probably why it's not available through CSBWin.
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

As Ameena says, DM2 is a different engine, released several years after DM/CSB. CSBWin is based on the original Atari ST CSB engine, and it's not something one could simply "add" DM2 to.

I think various fans have done work on getting DM2 to work on modern systems though. Search the DM2 forums for more.
Estoroth
Novice

Post by Estoroth »

I think the best way to run DM2 on modern computer is to use the original installation file with DOSBOX.
I'm currently trying to setup a launchable DM2 game as easy as possible, I think I almost succeed, I just need to click on a shortcult for launch DOSBOX in a combinaison with DM2 game automatically.
My goal is to get a folder containing all necessary files for run DM2 without external program or ressource for be able to run the game directly without any installation process from a USB key for example.

I found the game a bit too fast but it is playable. I'm really a novice with DOSBOX and I have not explored all the options offered by this program.
I will go do DM2 section forum, I will surely found useful information for help me. :D
Estoroth
Novice

Post by Estoroth »

I have found more that expected on the DM2 section, a pre-configured DosBox packages with DM2.
I downloaded it and it works perfectly, I no longer need to work on my own DM2 setup with DOSBOX.

Many thanks. :D
agarules
Journeyman

Post by agarules »

RTC comes with 2 versions of Dungeon Master, Chaos Strikes Back and Dungeon Master 2. Why not try it?
God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,

Courage to change the things I can,

And wisdom to know the difference.