[Custom dungeon] Diablo dungeon [DM PC] [RobikZ]

Custom dungeons for DM/CSB/DM2 on PC, Amiga, Atari ST and any other platforms.
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Robikz
Neophyte

[Custom dungeon] Diablo dungeon [DM PC] [RobikZ]

Post by Robikz »

Platform: DM PC
Author: RobikZ
Email address: robikz@skrzynka.pl
Date published: 2002, August 24
Date last updated: 2002, August 24

Story:
Same as Diablo. After a long journey you return to your village. But nothing is the same, much people just escaped from town. Villagers say that strange things happen in the old church where once King Leoric lived. Cain the elder of the village says that an evil demon has awakened. The demon is known as Diablo. Only you can save the village.

Aim:
Kill Diablo (Demon) and use Firestaff on Burnt Amalgam.

Notes:
It's a completely new Dungeon based on Diablo from Blizzard, the best game for multiplayer.
Difficulty: 6/10
You can choose only one character.
There are almost no puzzles in this dungeon. Diablo from Blizzard is "go and kill" game.
Of course no PK'ing is available, but if someone got trainer, well, characters can be cheated, but it destroys fun from playing.
There is a Rabbit Foot somewhere in caves (levels 7 - 9, Tristram = 0). It must be used somewhere in Tristram... without it the game will be almost impossible to finish.
It's not needed to complete all levels, but finishing them will give you experience for killing monsters and items.
One last thing, Diablo got 2700 life and is killable by normal weapons.

Known bugs:
Maybe you may occur a problem with stairs on levels 7 (down) 8 (up), leading to strange places, but i think that it's fixed. Doors in Arkaine Valor's level (i think that it's 5, where you get boots of speed, Dex helm etc.) should be RA doors. They're normal iron doors (this bug also can be fixed :))

Download:
Download this dungeon from this Shared OneDrive (in the 'Custom Dungeons' folder)
Fueaint
Neophyte

Custom dungeon 'Diablo dungeon' review by Christopher (a.k.a Fueaint)

Post by Fueaint »

Reviewer: Christopher (a.k.a Fueaint)
Gameplay: 5. Not much to do here but kill or be killed.
Originality: 4. Considering it's based off another game.
Difficulty: 5. A lot of space to move around in so it is difficult to get yourself cornered.
Puzzles: Which is okay by me.
Size: 6
Replayability: 5
Craft: 4
Game Ending: 4. I was able to save so many powerful items which made the ending too easy [ie Conduit, Storm Ring, 3 Flamitts] also game ends in a dead end which isn't too good.
Atmosphere: 5
Overall: 4
Best part: I would have to say the battles. I also liked the map that came with the download.
Worst part: Not about the dungeon: The fact that I have never played Diablo means I couldn't make any comparisons and therefore my rating might not be as accurate as it could be.

About the dungeon: I usually don't like dungeons where I can only pick one person, the fact that there were only three champions to pick from, and lack of chests. However that's probably how the Diablo game is. As well as the fact that the only thing you really had to look for was the stairs down. Once I found them, I stopped exploring the level I was on and went down.
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Custom dungeon 'Diablo dungeon' review by Michael Hutton (a.ka. Beowuuf)

Post by beowuuf »

Reviewer: Michael Hutton (a.ka. Beowuuf)
Gameplay: 5. Hack and slash, or hack and run. One or two different areas to break it up, might have been more... This is from one playing to end, not from exploring the game.
Originality: 7. It's a different type of dungeon to what you would be used to, even if it is based on another game!
Difficulty: 5. Monsters not dense, but then again one character and no training means a few skeleton blows can kill you. Too easy to progress downwards and avoid combat.
Puzzles: 3. Based on the fact I only did one - the skeleton king... Puzzles were fun to break up levels, so more (even one per level) would have been cool - I rushed, so there could be more subtle ones I missed... sorry!
Size: 8. All levels used, but large areas - you can find the exits quite fast...

Replayability: 7. I know there was lots I missed - if you like the dungeon, you will want to replay to find the areas you missed, and get some more money for other weapons, etc
Craft: Hard to say, I was running through it! I liked the interlink of levels back to the 'home base'.
Game Ending: 6. A speaking pad then the end game would have been better, but at least some nice fights and I was happy I'd got through it to see it. My guy was a wimp, so the fight was interesting, just because a few lucky hits and I would be dead.
Atmosphere: 7. Hard to pin down, but there was definitely an atmosphere here linking it all.
Overall: 5. Different, but just not me (so sorry if any marks seem unfair!)
Best part: Skeleton king area, level 8 for the scary nasties, or having such a weak character against strong opponents and being happy when i could finally chop... simple pleasures :)
Worst part: Too easy to progress - except for... level 6? ...it was run and find stairs all the way, so just wanted to see ending by the end.
Was unable to (permenantly) kill off ian_scho (Haynuus), Ameena, oh_brother (Westian), money (Falkor), raixel (Petal) and Lord_Bones (Aurek) in the DM D&D game Time's Champions!

CONGRATULATIONS TO THOSE WHO MADE THE GAME WHAT IT WAS - GREAT!