Reincarnated Tiggy straight into CSB

Discuss Chaos Strikes Back, the "expansion pack" for Dungeon Master.
This forum may contain spoilers.
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
RogerS
Craftsman

Reincarnated Tiggy straight into CSB

Post by RogerS »

I decided I wanted to try a run with reincarnated Tiggy straight into CSB with no training.

Right off the bat I already gained two wizard levels from casting three Lo level torch spells (the second one failed saying I needed more training with that spell).

I avoided the worms and picked up a torch, both gor coins, the chest and the dagger, bought Storm, then booked it straight to the fountain below supplies for the quick via run and jump (picking up the flask along the way).

Once at the fountain, I started the initial training. I'm surprised at how quick I was gaining levels here.

She's now journeyman fighter and ninja, adept priest and artisan wizard.

Next I plan to go to the screamer room in Neta for some more supplies and training (also going to pick up the iron key, gor coin and chest in the basement), then to Ros to pick up the key of B and to do some training against the mummies by the stairs and worms in the basement.

Ameena
Wordweaver, Murafu Maker

Re: Reincarnated Tiggy straight into CSB

Post by Ameena »

Wow, I think that must be, like, ultra-challenge-mode :D. Doesn't sound like it's giving you any problems, though. What will be left once you complete this run? :O

Post by RogerS »

Ameena wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2023 12:34 pm Wow, I think that must be, like, ultra-challenge-mode :D. Doesn't sound like it's giving you any problems, though. What will be left once you complete this run? :O
It's been easier than I expected so far. I didn't play much farther last night though. I did the screamer room in Ros (left one pair of screamers alive just in case I want to train some more with them later) and picked up the stuff in the basement.

It would probably be a lot harder if I had tried to kill the worms in the starting room right off the bat. With only 45 starting stamina I'm not sure it would even be possible before running out of stamina, and with only 25 health a small mistake could easily mean instant death.
RogerS
Craftsman

Post by RogerS »

I haven't played much because I've been feeling a bit under the weather and lethargic the last couple of days, but in addition to the training I mentioned earlier in the Neta screamer room I've trained one more fighter and ninja level in Ros and one more wizard level in Neta by casting torch spells in front of the pair of screamers I left there.

I went up to Supplies for the Quick and picked up some items there (after first killing the flying eyes with poison bolts through the gate).

Next time I play I will get started on the Ku path.

RogerS
Craftsman

Post by RogerS »

Halfway there :)

Ameena
Wordweaver, Murafu Maker

Post by Ameena »

Woo, looking good :D.

Post by RogerS »

Thank you Ameena :)
RogerS
Craftsman

Post by RogerS »

Tiggy was thrown freshly reincarnated and naked into the Chaos Strikes Back dungeon, and she prevailed :D

Ameena
Wordweaver, Murafu Maker

Post by Ameena »

Woohoo, gratz! :D

...Now what?

Post by RogerS »

Ameena wrote: Fri Jun 30, 2023 7:04 pm Woohoo, gratz! :D

...Now what?
Thank you :)

Next up is Gando through DM and CSB, then Zed.
Ameena
Wordweaver, Murafu Maker

Post by Ameena »

Should be a piece of piss considering you've just soloed CSB with a newly-woken Tiggy :D.