Working on a Fantasy Novel

Discuss your creative projects: game development, writing, film making or any thing else, fantasy related or otherwise! Talk about art you like, display your own artwork or stories, or offer help and insight.
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Seriously Unserious
Master Superior

Working on a Fantasy Novel

Post by Seriously Unserious »

Been so long since I was last in here, I'd almost forgotten about this great community. Been busy working on a new medieval fantasy novel this year and have some concept art, and the first 2 chapters to share with you here.

Gnoll's Honour

In a world where ancient empires have crumbled and new kingdoms rise, a young Gnoll named Taakath fights to defend his clan's land from invaders. But when tragedy strikes and he is left wounded and alone, he discovers that not all humans are enemies.

With newfound allies and a determination to unite his people and end the bloodshed, he embarks on a dangerous journey of diplomacy and redemption, where even his greatest enemy may become his closest friend. Will he succeed in bringing peace to a land torn by war, or will centuries of hate and mistrust lead to the ultimate destruction of all?

The main character, Taakasg "Tak" Kren

Baron Shann Redmund of Harrowall

Now, I hope I've piqued your interest. Here's the link where you can pick up the free preview of the first 2 chapters: https://radiantfreedom.aweb.page/p/f6a1 ... 60fa4c33a
Seriously Unserious
Master Superior

Re: Working on a Fantasy Novel

Here's another character concept for the book: Hakat Rrog

Seriously Unserious
Master Superior

Re: Working on a Fantasy Novel

As a quick update, I'm currently working on Chapter 13, and that puts me at about the half way point and ready to start the raising action towards the climax.

EDIT: I've got the map done and will be sharing that soon.