Dungeon Master II VGM Cover

Discuss your creative projects: game development, writing, film making or any thing else, fantasy related or otherwise! Talk about art you like, display your own artwork or stories, or offer help and insight.
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Zolaerla
Novice

Dungeon Master II VGM Cover

Post by Zolaerla »

Hiya, everybody. It took me years to record the various pieces for this video, and far too long to put it together, but I have finally completed my Dungeon Master II VGM cover for Endless Rain! I tried to experiment a bit with this music video, I think it came out alright considering I literally can't even look like any of my incarnations in this video anymore. Oh well, hope someone enjoys it!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RfJamlZfqXY
Sphenx
On Master

Re: Dungeon Master II VGM Cover

Post by Sphenx »

That is a nice rendition you've done ! It would fit to play this back at a tavern after a busy day of exploration at Skullkeep surroundings ;-) Good selection of champions !
I know there are other remakes of "Endless Rain" out there; I will probably do one myself some day ...
Zolaerla
Novice

Post by Zolaerla »

Thanks! I wanted to just have our cat and dog as extras, but I kept looking at one extra portrait and had to add a 3rd extra, so ancient me worked to fill it in. I am amazed how different I look in various images in the past.

Anyways, I love this piece, so it'll be neat to listen to yours if you do it!
Sphenx
On Master

Post by Sphenx »

Definitively working on it ! I think I can have it done in one week or so.
Sphenx
On Master

Post by Sphenx »

Right on schedule ! (almost...)
I thought I could have done something much more orchestral, but after listening to the original many times, it felt right to retain its primarily piano essence. That allowed me to link with some other DM2 music parts and get orchestration more subtly. I hope you'll like it.
I've put the link in the other thread about DM music viewtopic.php?p=164256#p164256