So, tell us about yourself...

A forum to introduce yourself and chat to others. Also includes community announcements.
Newcomer? Please read the forum description.
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Paul Stevens
CSBwin Guru

Re: So, tell us about yourself...

Post by Paul Stevens »

Welcome to Dungeon Master. Haven't we met somewhere before? ;-)
tiamat1968
Neophyte

Post by tiamat1968 »

Hey, Paul! Yippers, it's me. Lovely to see you again. :D

Hey, are you on Discord or Steam? I've been plugging away at my mod and would love to catch up.
Ameena
Wordweaver, Murafu Maker

Post by Ameena »

Hi, welcome to the forum :). Feel free to post any stories of your time playing DM/CSB or whatever - it's always cool to see someone else who had the same kind of experiences as we did. You can also join the Discord if you want - some of us are there and it's generally pretty quiet, but sometimes a conversation will start up. And often we get people who join without reading the description and think they're getting a DnD-related Discord, sigh...
That said, some of us do play/run DnD and other tabletop RPGs, so talking about that isn't entirely off the table ;). Link here if you want -https://discord.gg/2T8CSCR
Neophyte

Post by tiamat1968 »

Thank you so much for your kindness, Ameena. :)

And thank you for your invitation. I'm sort of exploring the retro gamerverse at the moment, so I'd love to have a look at your discord server.
Ameena
Wordweaver, Murafu Maker

Post by Ameena »

It's not actually mine, it's run by ParuNexus ("DMologist" in the Discord server), though I have "ownership" status to act as a kind of backup from one time when Paru was having some account issues and decided to just leave me as-is once said issues were sorted :).
Neophyte

Post by Ksloth »

Hi everybody. I'm a bit of an old fantasy dork/AD&D/CRPG/SCA...
I play electric guitar, do art, and space-out/daydream a lot.
Dungeon Crawlers are my favorite genre as I just really enjoy the tension, risk, and claustrophobic tunnels.
In fact I spent a good deal of time as a teenager exploring the water tunnels under the city with handmade torches, weapons, etc. with my like-minded friends. We basically tried to live as close to the life of a D&D adventurer as we could manage (in the pre-videogame days).

Nowadays I enjoy life with my family and work as an IT professional, but I am still 100% an adventurer in my daydreamy ADHD addled brain :D

Cheers! :)
Ameena
Wordweaver, Murafu Maker

Post by Ameena »

Have you played Barony? It's a kind of first-person Rogue-like dungeon-crawler with old-school-style, pixelly graphics. You pick a class (which have various different benefits/penalties and starting gear and such) and go into the dungeon which has randomly-generated levels...well, the layout and loot and stuff are randomly-generated, but the "biome" is the same (those change as you get deeper down), with certain monster types that live there. If you die, game over, start again from scratch. And you will most likely die a lot :D. There is, somewhere, a bottom-most level with a boss (the titular Baron, as implied in the intro), but I've not managed to get there yet. I don't even know how many levels there are. But it's pretty fun and you can play it with friends as well (max four players, I think).
Expert

Post by Selie »

I was just reminiscing about Dungeon Master with some folks in a Discord community and mentioned this forum in conversation, and then wondered if the forum was still here and active, and ... it is! Just wanted to say I hope everyone is doing well. It's been a minute :)
I haunt this forum briefly every four years or so, then disappear until adventure calls again...

Seriously, if you want to keep up with me, these days I'm pretty active as Lauren the Flute (video game music!) online. I ♥ you all!
Ameena
Wordweaver, Murafu Maker

Post by Ameena »

Oh heya, not een you for a while :). Yeah we're still here, so is the Discord server. And still new people join every now and then :D.