DM Copy Protection and Flux Dumps

Discuss anything about the original Dungeon Master on any of the original platforms (Amiga, Atari, etc.).
This forum may contain spoilers.

Moderator: Ameena

Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
caleb
Neophyte

DM Copy Protection and Flux Dumps

Post by caleb »

Hi,

I have a Greaseweazle device hooked to a floppy drive and have dumped a flux-level image (SCP file) of my 2.0 copy of Dungeon Master for the Amiga.

When I try using my SCP file in WinUAE I run into the copy protection mechanism, and the game will freeze and not respond to clicks. I have tried using the original disk and haven't run into this issue using the actual floppy, but I'm not 100% sure the floppy itself works, so it would be good to know if what I'm doing is even possible.

My question is, has anybody successfully made an SCP (or other format) floppy image of DM which could be used to create copies or use in an emulator?
ChristopheF
Encyclopedist

Re: DM Copy Protection and Flux Dumps

Post by ChristopheF »

I have never made dumps in scp format.
I have one scp image of version 2.2, which seems to be the result of a kryoflux dump converted to scp format, and it seems to works fine in WinUAE (I quickly tested it and was able to save the game -- saving triggers a copy protection check).

Have you read this thread which may contain useful information for you: https://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t= ... master+scp