Bouncing Frame Rate

Messages are moved here (should anyone ever want to see them again) once they are no longer applicable to the current version (e.g. suggestions that have been implemented or bugs that have been fixed).

Moderator: George Gilbert

Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Oldman
Neophyte

Bouncing Frame Rate

Post by Oldman »

While i was running around L2 the frame rate was jumping around like it was on a po-go stick!!! With out characters and when i had 1, i was getting about 30fps with everything running smoothly.

But on L2 the frame rate maxed at about 24fps and would go as low as 8fps. It made it really hard to track the mouse, and had trouble targeting the spell symbols.

It almost seemed that the slow fps did slow down the movement. i know it shouldn't cause the characters would still move at a set speed, it would just be shown using less frames, so would be jerky. But it did actually slow the movement down...
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Re: Bouncing Frame Rate

Post by beowuuf »

I am finding this bouncing frame rate from the start up...it makes the mouse and movement judder in speeds like anything. It starts with a low frame rate at start-up (13 - 20), then jumps up and down after.

I have a Celeron 400, 128Mb, Win98SE, ATI Rage 128 (onboard)
Was unable to (permenantly) kill off ian_scho (Haynuus), Ameena, oh_brother (Westian), money (Falkor), raixel (Petal) and Lord_Bones (Aurek) in the DM D&D game Time's Champions!

CONGRATULATIONS TO THOSE WHO MADE THE GAME WHAT IT WAS - GREAT!
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

Yes, I agree, the framerate is all over the place and often does not seem to reflect what is happening on screen. When there are lots of things on screen, the FPS may be high, and vice versa.

I too have problems with the jerky mouse; it's nowhere near as smooth as DM and makes it difficult to play. Overall responsiveness is sluggish too.

I have an older AMD K6-233 (equal to Pentium 233), 96MB RAM, 4MB Matrox Millenium, 12MB Voodoo 2. Duke Nukem plays fine, which I imagine is significantly more complex than RTC.
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

From my early tests, this appears to have been fixed in v0.03. Well done, George!