Its Even!!

Messages are moved here (should anyone ever want to see them again) once they are no longer applicable to the current version (e.g. suggestions that have been implemented or bugs that have been fixed).

Moderator: George Gilbert

Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
amaprotu
Adept

Its Even!!

Post by amaprotu »

You guessed it George, doesn't run on my system. I can't even get to the GG or RTC logo screens, just freezes. Also after running it (and closing it with ctrl-alt-del) a few times I could no longer run D3D games, I got D3D enumeration errors, I'm not sure if its becuase I tried to run it a lot (all the different options) or if running it once would cause the same D3D problem, by the time I rebooted I wanted to play my other games. :P So please tell me there will be a .007 =).

- Amaprotu

p.s. For those that missed my previous post and wonder what I'm talking about I have never been able to run an even numbered version (.002, .004 and now .006 all crashed before entry to game, but .001 .003 .005 all worked fine).
- Amaprotu
George Gilbert
Dungeon Master

Re: Its Even!!

Post by George Gilbert »

Argh - the curse strikes again!

Personally I'm tending to think that it's your system as no-one else seems to have these errors, and, more importantly, I havn't changed anything in the boot up sequence since version 0.01 so it seems to work at random. Also I can't see how you're getting D3D errors as there are no calls to the D3D routines - everything is done by bitmap blitting in 2D...

I'm completely confused again.
amaprotu
Adept

Post by amaprotu »

Actually I am too (completely confused), and I believe it is my system, just thought I would let you know. :) I await your next release!

- Amaprotu
- Amaprotu
George Gilbert
Dungeon Master

Post by George Gilbert »

Try running the V0.05 exe with the data?.dat and *.rtc files from V0.06 and see if that works. Then try it the other way round (V0.06 code with 0.05 data) - let me know what happens...

Make sure you only run the Prison.rtc file - it'll probably crash if you try anything else due to the introduction of the magic map in the other files.
amaprotu
Adept

Post by amaprotu »

I got it to run! I don't know why, I tried it to today and I got in except with no curser and when I got in the dungeon it was a one square dungeon. I had to restart to get out, but when I started again it went in fine! I love the map and there were a few bugs I will post in another thread.

- Amaprotu
- Amaprotu
George Gilbert
Dungeon Master

Post by George Gilbert »

Fixed (by definition) for V0.07!