Crashing RTC

Messages are moved here (should anyone ever want to see them again) once they are no longer applicable to the current version (e.g. suggestions that have been implemented or bugs that have been fixed).

Moderator: George Gilbert

Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Lubor Kolar
Artisan

Crashing RTC

Post by Lubor Kolar »

Whe I had throusers in mouse pointer, I wanted to enter into the inventory of the rightmost adventurer, but I moved my mouse far to the right (where icons of champions positions are), clicked with right mouse button end RTC suddenly quit without any question/warning.
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Re: Crashing RTC

Post by beowuuf »

This has been reported before too (Gambit posted somewhere), but I'll post everything I have found since.

This is a consistent crash, I have had it about 5 -10 times now. It's hard but not impossible to replicate. The best way is if the pointer jerks at the top of the screen to ther right when the games slows for a second, and you accidentally click on the party icons. This always crashes the game. It makes me think it either
a) has something to do with the hand turning to mouse...in all cases the hand got to click on the party before it changed to an arrow icon.
b) has something to do with rapid mouse clicking in the party area. When trying to click on the inventory fast and missing (i've done the same as Lubor in combat), with the jerking, or also I've created it just by clicking fast on the party icons with the right mouse button to turn them.

Normally moving the party icons is fine, but I have had it crash once, because the game jerked while I was attacking several beholders and was trying to move a single character to the other side. Sorry I can't give definative tests, but it's only happening around the party icons, jerking to other areas has cause no problems.
Was unable to (permenantly) kill off ian_scho (Haynuus), Ameena, oh_brother (Westian), money (Falkor), raixel (Petal) and Lord_Bones (Aurek) in the DM D&D game Time's Champions!

CONGRATULATIONS TO THOSE WHO MADE THE GAME WHAT IT WAS - GREAT!
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Got a working recreation!

Post by beowuuf »

Hover the mouse over the top left party icon...move it slowly left until the pointer has changed back into a hand but the pointer is still over the character icon...press and watch the game dissappear.

The party icons have also been weird in that you cannot click on them unless you have an empty hand (not objects)...this might be a side effect of this bug too...
Was unable to (permenantly) kill off ian_scho (Haynuus), Ameena, oh_brother (Westian), money (Falkor), raixel (Petal) and Lord_Bones (Aurek) in the DM D&D game Time's Champions!

CONGRATULATIONS TO THOSE WHO MADE THE GAME WHAT IT WAS - GREAT!
George Gilbert
Dungeon Master

Re: Got a working recreation!

Post by George Gilbert »

Fixed for V0.08