Level 9 (v0.07)

Messages are moved here (should anyone ever want to see them again) once they are no longer applicable to the current version (e.g. suggestions that have been implemented or bugs that have been fixed).

Moderator: George Gilbert

Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Level 9 (v0.07)

Post by Gambit37 »

1) As Beowuuf pointed out, the "What is underfoot..." puzzle needs to be fixed so that you can trigger pads by putting objects on them. Otherwise it's simply too hard and the party can't survive it.

2) I like the true implemenation of the armadillo's strengths... but the graphics for the resulting objects need to be accurate when laid on the dungeon floor, again as Beowuuf also pointed out.

3) This would be a good opportunity to correct the "Put the Gem back..." puzzle. I have always believed that this was a major cock up by FTL. In DM, it worked by placing the green gem on the floor next to the gate, which then opened.

I think the way it should work is this: There should be no lever outside the gate, meaning the party have to find another way in. So they find the extra staircase, go upstairs and fight some hidden skeletons, then jump down a pit to end up behind the gate. The green gem button should be a gem hole, and you "Put the gem back..." in the hole to open the door. That should be the only way of opening the door in my opinion. What do you think? It does however mean that the instructions on the scroll are superfluous as you've already learnt how to do that on level 3...
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Re: Level 9 (v0.07)

Post by beowuuf »

1) Yeah, a quick guide to anyone wantingto get passed that bit - get yourweakest guys through fighter/nuinja options (falling down pits gains instant neopphyte levels for fighter), til about 100hp, and try to push your spellcasters for even the weakest fireshield. Voila (i also cast a party shield just incase, but i don't think it helped) Take the damage, save, rest, repeat, never go back except through skeleton keys or large party stats!

2) Apart from the backward flying graphic, i don't think it was too messed up? Depaends what was effected..i was onyl an idiot *cough* twice....

3) I think the opposite could be true...if it was a trick, then have that carryignthe gem over that square again (putting it back) reopens the pit..nasty but funny. Otherwise gambit's interpretation sounds good, i'd have the lever there just so peole would want to press it, the would have to find the chest again in order to be able to open the way back. And so the scroll would still make sense, since likely it would be read in the pit room.
Was unable to (permenantly) kill off ian_scho (Haynuus), Ameena, oh_brother (Westian), money (Falkor), raixel (Petal) and Lord_Bones (Aurek) in the DM D&D game Time's Champions!

CONGRATULATIONS TO THOSE WHO MADE THE GAME WHAT IT WAS - GREAT!
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

2)Well, the new object in your hand looks like one thing but it looks like the *original* thing when placed on the ground. Sorry to be vague - don't want to give it away for people who haven't got there yet.

3) I have just checked this again, and I am being completely dumb. I forgot that the lever opened and closed the pit, so forget my suggestion about removing the lever. Beowuuf's right - it looks like a trick - I guess I just never saw it that way! Putting the gem back should probably open the pit underneath you, rather than opening the gate, and the gem switch on the wall should remain as it is. Man, am I dumb sometimes...
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

I think you need a general 'object in the hand' graphic to represent multiple objects, but since it is still the object I think it's fine to have the proper original graphic...odd, but I don't know what to have instead...
Was unable to (permenantly) kill off ian_scho (Haynuus), Ameena, oh_brother (Westian), money (Falkor), raixel (Petal) and Lord_Bones (Aurek) in the DM D&D game Time's Champions!

CONGRATULATIONS TO THOSE WHO MADE THE GAME WHAT IT WAS - GREAT!
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

More Level 9 (v0.07) bugs

Post by Gambit37 »

Having been off RTC for a few days, I returned tonight to level 9 and the "What is overhead..." puzzle. Heeding Beowuufs words, I tried to train my champions up but really couldn't be bothered, so I just ran headlong at the puzzle with no protection... Only one set of fireballs appeared and they went straight past my party, so I was unscathed.... what a lovely little bug! :)

I assume this is the same bug that has already been reported about collision detection not working if an obstcle is moving...
George Gilbert
Dungeon Master

Post by George Gilbert »

Fixed for V0.08