I appear to be stuck

Messages are moved here (should anyone ever want to see them again) once they are no longer applicable to the current version (e.g. suggestions that have been implemented or bugs that have been fixed).

Moderator: George Gilbert

Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
theadder
Journeyman

I appear to be stuck

Post by theadder »

I've just gone past the riddle room and the subsequent puzzles and skeleton room. I solved all the puzzles except the room at the end of the corridor with the gate, the pit and the pressure pads which I have never solved.

Beyond the "I hate cowards" corridor is a door which closes behind me when I step on a pressure pad. In front of me is another door which opens with a key I haven't got. To my right is a short corridor ending in a gate, and whenever I try to walk down this corridor there is a buzz and I stay where I am. I seem to remember that in DM this corridor contained a flashing teleport that I had to be quick to get through - I threw something at the door control to open it and then ran through the teleport once the door was open.

Anyway, the teleport isn't flashing and there is no delay for me to run through. I've dropped everything on the floor in case it is weight related but still can't stop the buzzing. I am trapped between two closed doors.

Help
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Re: I appear to be stuck

Post by Gambit37 »

I didn't have this problem at that teleporter - but I had a similar problem at the flashing teleporter on level 3 with the compass. There appears to be a problem with teleporters generally. Clearly, they work - they just don't appear all the time.
George Gilbert
Dungeon Master

Post by George Gilbert »

Actually the teleporters are fine, it's just that the blue hazes (i.e. the *graphics*) that have gone haywire. You can still complete both puzzles, but you have to judge when to run through and avoid the active teleporters by guesswork rather than watching the haze flash on and off!

It's clearly a bug though ;-)
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

The door that traps you should reopen after you solve the puzzle, it doesn't now.
Was unable to (permenantly) kill off ian_scho (Haynuus), Ameena, oh_brother (Westian), money (Falkor), raixel (Petal) and Lord_Bones (Aurek) in the DM D&D game Time's Champions!

CONGRATULATIONS TO THOSE WHO MADE THE GAME WHAT IT WAS - GREAT!
theadder
Journeyman

Post by theadder »

There doesn't seem to be a delay between the teleporter flashing on and off, although since I can't see it I don't know whether there is no delay or just an impossibly short one.
If I drop everything I'm carrying and stand naked in front of the teleporter, keeping my finger on the forward key, I never move and all I hear is "buzzbuzzbuzzbuzzbuzzbuzz..." forever. Surely I should move forward at some point doing this? Plus it's cold, and my champions want to get dressed.
George Gilbert
Dungeon Master

Post by George Gilbert »

By stepping into the teleporter you take a finite period of time to get back to where you came from; the teleporter is off during this time and switches back on again just in time for you to step forward!

Step into it, get teleported back, then wait for a split second and step forward twice - you should get through...
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

Strange, I never had any problems with the timing of this puzzle either in DM or RTC...
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Are you still stuck here? If so, maybe use the fast spell keys to create a few fast ZO spells, so that you can gauge the timing, and also get that door open so you have a breathing spot to save at. I just remember a DMJ post where it sounded like you still were...
Was unable to (permenantly) kill off ian_scho (Haynuus), Ameena, oh_brother (Westian), money (Falkor), raixel (Petal) and Lord_Bones (Aurek) in the DM D&D game Time's Champions!

theadder
Journeyman

Post by theadder »

Yep, still there.
I'll give the zo idea a bash, although I've been chucking rocks at the teleporter and none of them get through - If I step away, they just float to the ground like a feather as the game keeps transporting them in and out of the teleporter until they reach the ground, so it doesn't seem as though there is any gap to me.
Sigh.
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

It does sound like the objects are in perfect unison with the telporter times...why i suggested using the keyboard for spells ...you can rattle off two or more very fast so hopefully not in with the rythmn of the blinking - they only flash off for a second : (

theadder
Journeyman

Re: Still stuck

Post by theadder »

I'm still not going anywhere.

Tried the Zo spell thing using Quickspell and they just all burst against the teleporter in front of me. I thought it might be a strength/speed thing (everyone is expert ninja, artisan/journeyman fighter with 80-90 stamina, etc and I've been training throughout the game), but even when I place an item on the floor under the teleport it appears on the floor for no more than a flash before vanishing behind me. There just is no fathomable delay, and I'm still stuck between two doors running out of food and cursing like nobodies business.
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

hmm..maybe if you ask george nicely he'll hack the saved game and drop a solid key on your lap? i've run out of ideas, but this does sound like more of a bug, since statistically if the teleporter was working as normmal you should be able to get passed it even if you can't see it...

George Gilbert
Dungeon Master

Post by George Gilbert »

Fixed for V0.08