Objects - minor/niggle

Messages are moved here (should anyone ever want to see them again) once they are no longer applicable to the current version (e.g. suggestions that have been implemented or bugs that have been fixed).

Moderator: George Gilbert

Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Objects - minor/niggle

Post by beowuuf »

Certain objects on the ground don't have the correct graphics:
Helmets, basinets and cas'n'coifs had a different graphic, now all use armet
Small shield had it's own graphic (or same as buckler), now uses large shield
Illumenet had it's own graphic, now uses the moonstone graphic.

The horn of fear could be sheathed before, can't now

The axe graphic on the attack button looks cut off (noticed this through all versions)

Blue box still seems quite long for freezing, before only a simple action could be performed and recovered from.

The thrust option (on the rapier at least) is now fast in recovering. It should be comparible (longer?) to melee, now it's the same as a chop. And has it been reduced in damage, it's hard to tell, but seems less effective (except for speed) - if this is intentional changing then sorry : )

The staff of claws brandish option now does damage, when it didn't do any before, and the slash option does 20 damage, which is quite good when before it used to only do a few points. Before it used to be a weak object, and I got the feeling that you just did a small amount of damage to make the creature more susceptible to the brandish. It's nice to see the charged graphic though
Was unable to (permenantly) kill off ian_scho (Haynuus), Ameena, oh_brother (Westian), money (Falkor), raixel (Petal) and Lord_Bones (Aurek) in the DM D&D game Time's Champions!

CONGRATULATIONS TO THOSE WHO MADE THE GAME WHAT IT WAS - GREAT!
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Re: Objects - minor/niggle

Post by Gambit37 »

What do you mean by Horn of fear could be sheathed?

A thrust is a far faster attack than a full blown melee, so I think this is probably right, even if it's not the same as DM. Damage does seem low though.

I don't agree with your comments on Brandish. To brandish something basically means to wave it about. Brandishing the staff of claws in DM acts the same way as Calm or the Horn of Fear in DM - monsters retreat if your Priest level is high enough. So I don't think brandish should do damage, but it's up to George...
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Lol, time to intersperce comemnts

I agree (with the staff of claws comment), and that's what i was complaining about - slash now does comparible damage to a heavy sword, while brandish does about 10 damage.

My feelign was that the staff was only meant to scratch the creature then create a fear effect..now it's a comparible weapon for a priest..unles this is the intention, of course...

And am i wrong about the horn of fear? I thought it could be...oh well, just to point out rather than complaining

Ok to the thrust...though it is waaay to fast...i rememebred it being at least comparible to melee for time, as in lots of cases it did greater damage (skeletons hated it...)
Was unable to (permenantly) kill off ian_scho (Haynuus), Ameena, oh_brother (Westian), money (Falkor), raixel (Petal) and Lord_Bones (Aurek) in the DM D&D game Time's Champions!

beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Boots of speed don't actually speed up the character if he is in the yellow - before they used to work here too, and only a character in the red affected party speed. If this is deliberate it might be a bit annoying given that a party with armour is now more likely to be overburdened under the new weight system.

Fury - the Fireball Small option loses the last L off the screen.

Vorpal blade - every option seems to gain priest levels, befroe the first two were fighter options, and the disrupt was a wizard option. Also, what determins disrupt damage? It used to be a very powerful option, not it only ever does 1 damage, and cleave is better

beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Brandish has become an attack option, inflicting damage and only usuable from the front, when befroe it was like calm and war cry (firestaff and staff of claws))

beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Gambit mentioned staves disappearing - all charged items actually disappear when the charges run out, behaving like a magic box.

The sceptre of lyf and dragon spit have graphical anopmolies, a brown line in the top left of their inventory picture, which carry on the their attack button views too (in black outline).

Objects in the hand block changing around character icons on the top right

beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Berserk is spelt Bezerk in both weapons : )
I got paranoid and checked Word....

Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

I still don't know what you mean by Horn of fear could be sheathed. Do you mean that it could be put in the quiver? You're right if that's what you meant - it can't be put in the pouch though.
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Sorry, that's what I meant :) Guess that's what comes from playing DM 2 recently, with the scabbard option refering to drawing a weapon from there...i forgot it's actually called a quiver in the manual! I suppose it was odd to be able to put the horn in the quiver though, given it's shape, so i'm not bothered

George Gilbert
Dungeon Master

Post by George Gilbert »

Fixed for V0.08